Aspie's living all together in a 8 bedroom house

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:12 am

buryuntime wrote:
I wouldn't exactly mind having a little aspie community like that but living all together in one home? No, no, no. We need our own little separate abodes. Just because they're autistic doesn't mean they won't clash.
Exactly. What we need is not aspie houses, but aspie neighborhoods.

http://www.autscape.org/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

My mom has a similar idea: it's her dream in life to be able to run an assisted living facility for adults on the autistic spectrum. The only obstacle is money.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:23 pm

KenG wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
I wouldn't exactly mind having a little aspie community like that but living all together in one home? No, no, no. We need our own little separate abodes. Just because they're autistic doesn't mean they won't clash.
Exactly. What we need is not aspie houses, but aspie neighborhoods.

KenG, "neighborhoods" drasticly runs up the price for an aspie community, at least the early versions.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Sep 2010, 7:16 pm

I wouldn't live in a communal house. Give me the neighborhood. Who cares about how much it costs? Give us happiness and privacy :D . We're just having some fun with this---it's not like we're really going to do it. But if we do---I already have the blueprints for my house. It's a 5745 square foot eclectic mansion with 5 bedrooms.

Gee---if we lived together in the one house we would be the Aspie version of the Waltons :lol: .

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

glider18 wrote:
I wouldn't live in a communal house. Give me the neighborhood. Who cares about how much it costs? Give us happiness and privacy :D . We're just having some fun with this---it's not like we're really going to do it. But if we do---I already have the blueprints for my house. It's a 5745 square foot eclectic mansion with 5 bedrooms.

Gee---if we lived together in the one house we would be the Aspie version of the Waltons :lol: .

Good night John boy

Well actually, my house often has 7 Nt's sharing together, and me....aspies dont want to share? I have shared a house with 16 people, 12 people and another 40 bed mansion had around 55 people! Most people here on WP have trouble with loneliness and no spouse, but they want to stay alone and lonely. I dont get it :?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:34 pm

Isnt it a good way to meet others? Including girls that drop round?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

Surfman wrote:
Isnt it a good way to meet others? Including girls that drop round?

You're not taking into consideration the sensory issues that arise when dealing with that many people living together. Most of us need a private place to retreat, no noise, nothing in the house changing or being misplaced.

It's a big contradiction. Sometimes we want to rid loneliness yet when we're around people, at least I, think "I just want to be alone."