Page 3 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 3:10 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
They can. They can also up their chances by improving their socialization skills in areas where they're less likely to be pwned.

What does this word mean? I'm assuming it's an abbreviation of some kind.

It's a typo of "owned". At some point in gamer history, somebody hit the "p" instead of the "o" (as they are next to each other on the keyboard) and for reasons I can't quite fathom, other gamers latched onto the typo and it entered gamer and internet vernacular. I think it's both fascinating and silly.

zombiecide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

Surfman wrote:
1 in 10 children born into wedlock in New Zealand, were seeded by another man...

It seems that the numbers are the same all over the globe, regardless of culture and religion ... even in cultures where women are basically shut away after marriage it seems to be the same.
That is to say, I do not believe that all women who bear another man's child do it out of malice. I mean, in many cultures a man's worths depends on whether he can have sons, and some women think they are doing their husband a favour in such a case. (The man doesn't even have to be sterile, there are surprisingly many couples that can't have children due to some odd incompatibility.) In other cases ... I know to many girls who have been raped by acquaintences. For them it's usually very hard to deal with the whole situation and depending on their personality, they might want to stay in denial, pretending that nothing ever happened. One of my friends lost her fiancé that way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 1:12 am

Invader wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Invader wrote:
If they're so resentful and bitter about it that have to make such comments then they obviously don't want to be alone, no matter how much they try to persuade themselves otherwise, and should get off their behinds and try to do something about their lives instead of whining about women being the way that they're supposed to be. :?

yet more horatio alger? jeez louise :roll:

What? I'm not even going to pretend to know what that means, nor look it up. I assume you're negatively categorizing what I've said just so that you don't have to formulate a reply which explains why I'm wrong, probably because you can't, I guess. :?

let me detail it for you-
you keep telling the rest of us [who, unlike you, have not been successful in life] that we are not successful simply because we must like being unsuccessful, that we simply don't want success enough, and other insults. this is just cruelty on your part, nothing more. if i liked hearing rightie rot, i'd tune in to their channel. but this is WP and is supposed to be a refuge from mean people who like to put people like me down for not being part of the rightie program. repeating the unlikely tales of ragged dick [horatio alger protagonist] winning out over insuperable odds, is just a big downer for people stuck at rock bottom, and nothing more. you may be a winner in life, but that doesn't mean you have to put down those of us who have failed at life. there is enough cruelty in the world, so why do you have to add to it with your bullying putdowns of those of us not like yourself?
i only tried to give comfort to people who are lonesome, and you have to ruin it. i hope this is a satisfactory result for you. i really should not have fed this one. but i am sick of taking crap from bullies.

Gnomon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2010, 7:29 am

Pistonhead wrote:
Yay for avoiding women trouble!

I love women trouble. I pay for it whenever I can afford it. :P

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

that is unfair on the child :(

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Invader wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Invader wrote:
If they're so resentful and bitter about it that have to make such comments then they obviously don't want to be alone, no matter how much they try to persuade themselves otherwise, and should get off their behinds and try to do something about their lives instead of whining about women being the way that they're supposed to be. :?

yet more horatio alger? jeez louise :roll:

What? I'm not even going to pretend to know what that means, nor look it up. I assume you're negatively categorizing what I've said just so that you don't have to formulate a reply which explains why I'm wrong, probably because you can't, I guess. :?

let me detail it for you-
you keep telling the rest of us [who, unlike you, have not been successful in life] that we are not successful simply because we must like being unsuccessful, that we simply don't want success enough, and other insults. this is just cruelty on your part, nothing more. if i liked hearing rightie rot, i'd tune in to their channel. but this is WP and is supposed to be a refuge from mean people who like to put people like me down for not being part of the rightie program. repeating the unlikely tales of ragged dick [horatio alger protagonist] winning out over insuperable odds, is just a big downer for people stuck at rock bottom, and nothing more. you may be a winner in life, but that doesn't mean you have to put down those of us who have failed at life. there is enough cruelty in the world, so why do you have to add to it with your bullying putdowns of those of us not like yourself?
i only tried to give comfort to people who are lonesome, and you have to ruin it. i hope this is a satisfactory result for you. i really should not have fed this one. but i am sick of taking crap from bullies.

Who says you failed auntblabby?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm

nostromo wrote:
Who says you failed auntblabby?

hello there nostromo :)
i failed in life because i have not been able to connect with anybody in any meaningful way. i failed in life because money flees from me. i failed at life because, try as i might, i still manage to be misconstrued and misunderstood in general. i failed at life because success in any area of any worldly consequence eludes me. but i have come to terms with this, and now just await my eventual matriculation into the elysian fields, which [from what i have heard] have a much more enlightened scheme for evaluating success.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:31 pm

Hi blabby :) OK understand.
Your a natural wordsmith though, you'll have to put up with me saying that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:36 pm

nostromo wrote:
Hi blabby :) OK understand.
Your a natural wordsmith though, you'll have to put up with me saying that.

thank you dear :) , i appreciate being appreciated 8) us good folk need to stick together more often.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 12:37 am

At the risk of sounding corny, you haven't failed to bring humor and intelligence to the denizens of Wrong Planet. I always look forward to your posts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 12:44 am

bee33 wrote:
At the risk of sounding corny, you haven't failed to bring humor and intelligence to the denizens of Wrong Planet. I always look forward to your posts.

gosh 8) thank you very much bee33 :)
i feel so loved now :idea:
i guess by dint of these warm fuzzies that i am not a total failure. it has been said that "nobody is a total failure, in that they could always serve as a bad example," but i see here that i can serve as a better example at least. thank you all, good people :)

SmellHole
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2010, 12:00 pm

Dappadee wrote:
Your palm will never deceive you.

But it can give you uncomfortable calluses :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm

SmellHole wrote:
Dappadee wrote:
Your palm will never deceive you.

But it can give you uncomfortable calluses :lol:

a fleshlight will never develop calluses.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 1:40 am

things are looking up for aspie males :wink: Image :wink: :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 1:42 am

Surfman wrote:
things are looking up for aspie males :wink: Image :wink: :wink:

if only i could afford one of those headless babes