01 Oct 2010, 7:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
nostromo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if only i could afford one of those headless babes

:lol:

Actually they look quite fit

yes- i want one.

It is quite amusing that there is a bunch of women discussing childhood masterbation (sic) in one thread, while a bunch of men discuss the desirability of headless, woman-shaped, inanimate dolls in another.

You kind of see why they can't meet in the middle and work out those frustrations together.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:11 am

StuartN wrote:
You kind of see why they can't meet in the middle and work out those frustrations together.

it's because each side refuses to settle for less than attractive. the men all want non-obese, curvy, fecund, while the women all want alpha, socially adroit, solidly masculine. there is no middle ground, so both sides decided to not fight the battle of the sexes, but instead just stay home and make other plans.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
et me detail it for you-
you keep telling the rest of us [who, unlike you, have not been successful in life] that we are not successful simply because we must like being unsuccessful, that we simply don't want success enough, and other insults. this is just cruelty on your part, nothing more. if i liked hearing rightie rot, i'd tune in to their channel. but this is WP and is supposed to be a refuge from mean people who like to put people like me down for not being part of the rightie program. repeating the unlikely tales of ragged dick [horatio alger protagonist] winning out over insuperable odds, is just a big downer for people stuck at rock bottom, and nothing more. you may be a winner in life, but that doesn't mean you have to put down those of us who have failed at life. there is enough cruelty in the world, so why do you have to add to it with your bullying putdowns of those of us not like yourself?
i only tried to give comfort to people who are lonesome, and you have to ruin it. i hope this is a satisfactory result for you. i really should not have fed this one. but i am sick of taking crap from bullies.

Which is fine, except I get a little tired of Aspie men who feel the need to put down women in their quest to feel better about themselves.

It's not especially logical, and I can't imagine it's very productive. I've met plenty of asshole-ish males, but I refrain from posting articles featuring male serial killers who hack-up women as an example of why women are better off without men. Tearing other people down to build yourself up strikes me as "bullying" behavior.

Quote:
Geez.......sure is troll in here. What with your 'basement dweller' references

Why is it "trolling?" Because you disagree with it?

Free clue: I sit in my apartment and play videogames, watch cartoons, surf the net, and read silly science fiction novels; I have yet to experience a throng of cool, sexy people pounding down my door, offering to be my friends and proffering limitless dating opportunities, nor have I ever heard of such a thing occuring to anyone. It just ain't gonna happen. I can't imagine why this observation would be at all "offensive."

Social opportunities come about by socializing, and the more you socialize, the better your chances are (of course, having better chances does not translate into a "gaurantee").

Now, I've noticed a trend among introverts in general that some of them seem to think they're "owed" happiness and success in life, and subsequently become bitter when it's not offered to them on a silver platter, especially when they think "everybody else" is living high on the hog. In my experience, I've met very many unhappy, unsuccessful people from all walks of life. "Suffering" and "dissatifaction" aren't exclusive to any group, and I'm not even going to get into what happens to folks in other, less civilized parts of the globe. In short, I don't feel compelled to kiss "boo-boos." Intellectually, I appreciate that someone is hurting from the vantage point of their own limited experiences, but there are sssoooooo many "suffering" people in the world that I am utterly unable to be a perpetual fount of sympathy. It's too exhausting.

Lastly, for future reference, kindly avoid name-calling. If you don't understand something I've written, please ask me for further clarification. I'm not always the best communicator and will gladly accept advice on how to better articulate my thoughts. Thank you.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
I get a little tired of Aspie men who feel the need to put down women in their quest to feel better about themselves.

just when have i done that? i was raised by women who were stressed-out at having to raise me, but i myself would have been stressed-out to have to raise me. so i know better than to be a woman-hater [couldn't remember that 50-cent word for it :? ] i worked around women for decades who had to put up with unmitigated crap from mean men similar to my bosses, so i was and am well-aware of how un-golden rule that is.

XFilesGeek wrote:
It's not especially logical, and I can't imagine it's very productive. I've met plenty of asshole-ish males, but I refrain from posting articles featuring male serial killers who hack-up women as an example of why women are better off without men. Tearing other people down to build yourself up strikes me as "bullying" behavior.

when have i tore anybody else down, or bullied anybody? if somebody is peeing on my leg then telling me it's only raining, then i will squawk good and loud at 'em but otherwise i just try to hold up my end of the golden rule. i posted the original news-of-the-weird recap only to try to give some sense of perspective to some of the lonely men who are WPers and have seen fit to bemoan their lonely state regarding lack of female companionship. i could add a few things to it- namely, if you have no GF, then you will never have to fight over the thermostat setting, how fast you are driving, what movie to go see or tv show to watch, and zillions of other things both prosaic and profound.
on to the subject of men ventilating [on a non-f2f forum such as WP] about picky women- it is a safety valve, and not to be dismissed as merely politically incorrect, and not to be lumped-in with garden-variety bullying behavior. being able to complain about something is a god-given right of mankind, and it would be hell on earth is this were totally suppressed. i believe that the people who want us omega males to just shut up and go away need to be forced to wear our shoes for a while and see how it feels.

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2010, 1:35 am

auntblabby wrote:
i posted the original news-of-the-weird recap only to try to give some sense of perspective to some of the lonely men who are WPers and have seen fit to bemoan their lonely state regarding lack of female companionship. i could add a few things to it- namely, if you have no GF, then you will never have to fight over the thermostat setting, how fast you are driving, what movie to go see or tv show to watch, and zillions of other things both prosaic and profound.

Ha! Those are indeed good points to keep in mind. (How soon we forget.)

I'm reminded of a joke... Why are men so loathe to commit while women are so eager to?

To understand the answer, simply compare women's magazines to men's magazines:
"Better Homes & Gardens", etc., vs. "Playboy", etc.
Marriage traditionally represents the achievement of women's dreams, but the end of men's dreams.

(I know,I know - it's not perfectly true, but it's got some truth to it, I think, and anyway it's a JOKE, which I found pretty funny).

Speaking of which, I'm always amused when I hear of a woman having an affair to "get back" at their husband for having an affair. I mean, how ridiculous is that? Oh, it'll hurt the guy all right, in fact it'll hurt him a LOT more than the woman was hurt. But men don't have affairs to hurt the women they're with - they have them because they want to, because that's how men are wired - to want to mate with as many women as possible, or at least more than ONE. Women are NOT wired the same way - what they want is ONE guy who'll take care of all their needs and be loyal to them. (Whereas men want many women to take care of their one need - ha!)

I think the problem is the idea that men having an affair are "disloyal" to the women they're with. Not true. In most cases it's got absolutely nothing to do with the women they're with. After all, they're still with them, aren't they?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:49 am

All of this reminds me of the science fiction story -The Midwich Coo Coos-

ruveyn

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:

just when have i done that?

By posting an article meant to cast an entire group of people in a negative light in order to make another group of people feel better about themselves.

Quote:
when have i tore anybody else down, or bullied anybody?

See above.

Quote:
i posted the original news-of-the-weird recap only to try to give some sense of perspective to some of the lonely men who are WPers and have seen fit to bemoan their lonely state regarding lack of female companionship.

So, I suppose you won't have any objections when I start posting articles on male seriel killers as examples of "men's bad behavior" to warn Aspie women away from the perils of the opposite sex?

Quote:
i could add a few things to it- namely, if you have no GF, then you will never have to fight over the thermostat setting, how fast you are driving, what movie to go see or tv show to watch, and zillions of other things both prosaic and profound.
on to the subject of men ventilating [on a non-f2f forum such as WP] about picky women-

Women have the "god-given right" to be "picky." If we're not supposed to "dismiss" other people's "god-given rights," then I can't see the point of dismissing this one either.

Quote:
it is a safety valve, and not to be dismissed as merely politically incorrect, and not to be lumped-in with garden-variety bullying behavior.

I will when it's a silly generalization meant to apply across the board to all the members of a group with no evidence that this "behavior" is an intrinsic quality of every member, or even a majority of the members of the group, and the purpose of said generalization is to make another group feel better about themselves.

I suggest an outlet that is both less offensive and less illogical.

Quote:
...being able to complain about something is a god-given right of mankind,

As is pointing out silly, illogical complaints on a public internet messageboard and suggesting more productive outlets than silly, illogical complaints. Ultimately, your "complaint" makes about as much sense as telling a homeless person that he shouldn't care about not owning a home because sometimes houses burn down, or sometimes septic systems back up, or sometimes you have roof problems.....etc.

Quote:
....and it would be hell on earth is this were totally suppressed. i believe that the people who want us omega males to just shut up and go away need to be forced to wear our shoes for a while and see how it feels.

Three things:

1. Women have the right to be "picky."

2. Society doesn't owe you sex, love, or happiness.

3. Don't be surprised when people respond to repeated complaints of a lack of sex and happiness by pointing out the previous two items.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:08 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
[assorted irrelevant and mean-spirited invective]

whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by auntblabby on 04 Oct 2010, 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:19 am

ThomasL wrote:
men don't have affairs to hurt the women they're with - they have them because they want to, because that's how men are wired - to want to mate with as many women as possible, or at least more than ONE. Women are NOT wired the same way - what they want is ONE guy who'll take care of all their needs and be loyal to them. (Whereas men want many women to take care of their one need - ha!)

that is very funny indeed :lol:

ThomasL wrote:
I think the problem is the idea that men having an affair are "disloyal" to the women they're with. Not true. In most cases it's got absolutely nothing to do with the women they're with. After all, they're still with them, aren't they?

that is an interesting point.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:48 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
By posting an article meant to cast an entire group of people in a negative light in order to make another group of people feel better about themselves.
I saw this thread as a fairly lighthearted way to blow off some steam. I don't think anyone is saying that all women would do what the woman in the article did. As a woman, I didn't find it at all offensive.

XFilesGeek wrote:
And why not? :) Shouldn't we all consider happiness and satisfaction our right as living, breathing citizens of the planet, just like food and shelter should be rights as well? It doesn't mean we should expect it or, certainly, that it should come at anyone else's expense. But it would be nice, and I certainly wish it for all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

bee33 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
I saw this thread as a fairly lighthearted way to blow off some steam. I don't think anyone is saying that all women would do what the woman in the article did. As a woman, I didn't find it at all offensive.

XFilesGeek wrote:
And why not? :) Shouldn't we all consider happiness and satisfaction our right as living, breathing citizens of the planet, just like food and shelter should be rights as well? It doesn't mean we should expect it or, certainly, that it should come at anyone else's expense. But it would be nice, and I certainly wish it for all.

thank you for that, bee33 :)

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 2:37 am

why was this for men only? heck! I'm a woman and honestly, I must be from freaking mars or something...I have met more women who cheat in my life than men who cheat...and believe me that most of my friends were men, so we talked about alot...but yes, I have met WAY too many women who cheat or as soon as they brake off with someone they are with some other guy or they date a married or "taken" guy...wth is wrong with women? ahhh

PS - reason my hubby puts up with my weird AS traits? for 4yrs he attempted to date me...for 4yrs I told him off because he was dating one girl or another...for 4yrs I told the girls they were idiots for putting up with any man who disrespected them...for 4yrs I didn't allow any man to buy me a drink even if I could only buy myself 1 all night cause I didn't have enough money...so after 4yrs, he was single...(PS I actually was not remotely attracted to him for those 4yrs...haha) and once he was single for at least 6mos we began to be friends...We have been together 12yrs now...

ThomasL
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Oct 2010, 3:16 am

whatamess wrote:
why was this for men only? heck! I'm a woman and honestly, I must be from freaking mars or something...I have met more women who cheat in my life than men who cheat...and believe me that most of my friends were men, so we talked about alot...but yes, I have met WAY too many women who cheat or as soon as they brake off with someone they are with some other guy or they date a married or "taken" guy...wth is wrong with women? ahhh

That is interesting. Is it possible that women actually have a greater sex drive than men? I suspect this is the case. After all, men get tired and need time to recover, whereas women can just keep on going, and going... just like the energizer bunny. So it seems that men like variety, but women actually want more sex than they can get from one guy, so in a completely free society, like we have now, women actually play around more than men?

whatamess wrote:
PS - reason my hubby puts up with my weird AS traits? for 4yrs he attempted to date me...for 4yrs I told him off because he was dating one girl or another...for 4yrs I told the girls they were idiots for putting up with any man who disrespected them...for 4yrs I didn't allow any man to buy me a drink even if I could only buy myself 1 all night cause I didn't have enough money...so after 4yrs, he was single...(PS I actually was not remotely attracted to him for those 4yrs...haha) and once he was single for at least 6mos we began to be friends...We have been together 12yrs now...

That is just amazing. 4 years not remotely attracted to the guy, telling him off for trying to date you, and then... MARRYING him??? And the marriage has lasted 12 years already? I think any guy would be amazed by this. Or maybe not - what do I know?

But for me, I can't imagine becoming attracted to a girl I'm not attracted to at first sight. I just assumed it was the same for girls, so I give up easily - one "no", or even a hint of a "no", and that's it for me. I didn't see the point of asking a second time. If she liked me, she would've said yes the first time. But 4 YEARS.... c'mon! Even asking a second time, I'd be afraid of being accused of something horrible, like stalking or sexual harassment or being a creep or not taking a hint, etc.

I'm so confused right now. So "not taking no for an answer".... works???

Also, I thought girls were attracted to guys who date lots of girls; his being in demand being proof that he's got something going for him, so you want him too. No? Are you sure his dating all those other girls isn't what made you want him eventually? What if he'd been single when he first asked you? You would've thought he was a desperate loser, right?

And how was he being "disrespectful" to those girls? Was he lying to them about seeing other girls?

So confusing.