Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:12 am

Asked my dad about my early years pre 8. Unfortunately he didn’t have much to tell. Probably not surprising as it was over 50 years ago.
A snippet.

Quote:
but you were obviously a pretty precocious child because I remember you watching a lot of television and rushing into the kitchen to share the news of the Kennedy election in the fall of 1960’. Also you must have begun tto o read a little because you always referred to “Disney, Walt” in the index for m wnhich you could only h ave got from a printed format. You tended to fstutter a little and were left handed. Mima and I tended to be rather short of sl,eep. Because you would not go to bed early, had to have one of us stay with you until you went to sleep and tended to w,ake up with nightmares. You woke us up one night to say " I had a doggy in my eye" which had to relate
to your timidity about big dogs.

Quote:
WE got down to the beach bungalow in Pataya frequently and you taught yourself toto swim there by the time dyou were Six. On the other hand, you tended to stutter a bit and were physically not too well coordinated, probably because you are left handed

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 10:44 am

Someone suggested it wasn't very much memories even for 50 years ago.

I think my father might have been skimpy on details because of a reluctance to admit I had difficulties/problems.

The school in Thailand did suggest I might have what is now called cerebral palsy. After tests at Great Ormond street provided negative my parents didn’t pursue the matter.

In recent years my sister has said she always thought it most likely I was dyspraxic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 11:01 am

I was a frank, classic autistic child until the age of 5.

Somehow, though, I "emerged" from it, and became what may be called "Aspergian" in presentation at age 5 to 5 1/2.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 11:41 am

Huge Star Trek fan since the age of 3, when I realized that
when Captain Kirk was in trouble, he turned to the logical, intelligent Vulcan Mr. Spock for help.
So I fell in love with Vulcans at that young age
and strongly identified with them ...
... until the first time I saw Q.
8)