Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:44 pm

It was 73 earlier this morning and I was chilled (FL is usually 80's 90's) So I put on a thick sweater. Sure it warmed up to 82 (which is nice) but that little nip of 73 no thanks! I HATE Winter! I also hate cold shower water I usually have the water on hot to where my skin is red.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

I hate heat. I can get sick very easily if I get too hot and can't cool down fast enough. I even sweat in below zero temperatures and can never expirence true cold.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:52 pm

I'm a New Yorker, so 73 is our late spring; it's in the low 60's right now and I love it...or I would if it wasn't raining. :P

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
It was 73 earlier this morning and I was chilled (FL is usually 80's 90's) So I put on a thick sweater. Sure it warmed up to 82 (which is nice) but that little nip of 73 no thanks! I HATE Winter! I also hate cold shower water I usually have the water on hot to where my skin is red.

To me 73 is warm and I like it. 82 is a little warn but 90's and above is too hot. I hate the heat but to me 80's and 70's is just right. 60's is okay.

In fact I hate the hot and the cold. I like it in between. Only time I don't mind cold is if there is fricken snow and only time I don't mind hot weather is if there is a water park or going to the beach or water wars. Go figure.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:28 pm

Heat is fine.
Cold outdoors is fine.
It's when cold comes into the house that I hate it.
And I live in a poorly insulated apartment with crappy as hell water-radiator heating.
And electricity costs just went up... and my space heater melted last year.
And it's usually quite far below zero around here in the winters. Like minus 30'c.

Malin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2010, 3:36 pm

I hated the cold when young, really hated it. This was unfortunate, as I live in Scotland.

I theorised that since I'm basically the same as an eskimo on the genetic level (all humans being the same roughly), and that Eskimos would consider Scotland warm, then I could do the same, with the same training.
I decided to spend the Winter in a t-shirt, and the one after that. Initially I couldn't speak due to my jaw clamping up. Then my arms turned funny colours and the veins starting protruding. I found that I could block out the pain with a little concentration. I also found that muscles stop working below a certain temperature.
After the two Winters I found I was correct, I had aclimatised and felt less cold than before. The unfortunate side-effect was that I almost fainted most Summer days.

I've levelled out into a happy medium now.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 3:44 pm

Absolutely. Come winter time, I often wonder why I live in Chicago - with routine highs of 15 degrees F. Brutal. I'd rather have 100 degrees, any day.

blahbla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2010, 4:31 pm

I'd much rather be cold that hot...

80°F seems really warm for me, ~40-60° is okay. Freezing temperatures don't bother me that much either

I still prefer ~70°ish though

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

I don't like actually being cold, but I prefer cold weather to hot because it means I can wear long sleeves without it seeming strange.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 4:55 pm

PangeLingua wrote:
I don't like actually being cold, but I prefer cold weather to hot because it means I can wear long sleeves without it seeming strange.

:!:

Me too!

And hot weather always makes me angry, so I find winter a little more tolerable than summer.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 5:17 pm

I grew up in Southeast Ohio and the only thing I hated about the winters was having to wear tightly bundled cloathing to keep warm. I would break into sweats when I was outside because all the protection my mum insisted I wear. I also could not wear shorts in the winter and pants hurt my legs. We moved to Texas which only has a two week long winter but we NEVER get snow and I can wear shorts all year round. Sure Texas is hot in the summer but I have air conditioning.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

I like the cold. What I hate is the heat.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 9:53 pm

I prefer the cold to the heat. My thinking is that, when it's cold, you can always put more clothes on, but when it's hot, you can only take so much off.

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

I like the cold, what I don't like is getting a cold.

PangeLingua wrote:

This too.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:22 am

i love the heat...

been 80s where I am living currently- much happier being warm and seeing the sun

60's is cold to me....

I don't mind winter because it's kinda nice to be nice and warm inside.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 12:32 am

zeldapsychology wrote:

In that weather, Id still be wearing shorts and a shirt. It is warm compared to how cold it could get up here in Alberta. In the winter, it could get as cold as -50 C with the windchill...So cold, that after a few seconds, one cannot feel their nose.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!