Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 6:21 pm

Dislecksia: The Movie (about Dyslexia)

Dislecksia: The Movie is a documentary film. It was created by Captured Time Productions, LLC, a production company based in Litchfield, Connecticut. Dislecksia is the company's seventh film. It is directed by Emmy Award-winning director Harvey Hubbell V, who is a dyslexic himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dislecksia:_The_Movie

---

Anyone see this movie?

Your review?

---

X-ref:

The documentary Dislecksia: The Movie features an interview with Cannell, in which he discusses his struggles with dyslexia and how he manages to be such a successful writer despite his difficulties reading. During the interview, he mentions how he used to hire typists to overcome his "spelling problem", as he refers to his dyslexia, but also describes how he feels his condition has enriched his life.

Cannell's hit TV series The A-Team was remade into a 2010 feature length film. Cannell served as a Producer and Creative Consultant for the project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_J._Cannell

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:08 am

There are actually many successful dyslexic people. Most dyslexics aren't completely illiterate. Many of them are functionally illiterate, where they can to some extent or another.

I have a friend who was dyslexic and can read fine now but doesn't enjoy reading fiction and is very self conscious about his spelling even though he spells the word correctly 99% of the time.

He has an excellent memory for stories though.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 4:28 am

Chronos wrote:
There are actually many successful dyslexic people. Most dyslexics aren't completely illiterate. Many of them are functionally illiterate, where they can to some extent or another.

I have a friend who was dyslexic and can read fine now but doesn't enjoy reading fiction and is very self conscious about his spelling even though he spells the word correctly 99% of the time.

He has an excellent memory for stories though.

I agree, there are many dyslexic people in my family (among other things) and there's only one of them who has not been able to overcome the disorder when it comes to spelling (and I mean that she makes huge mistakes, not the smaller ones almost everyone make) but she still does well in some area (because we all have our strengths and weaknesses). Both my grandmothers are dyslexic, one of them loves crosswords and can do them pretty quickly, the other became the best reader of her school and still is a fast reader though she had lots of problems at first.

It's just like Autism you know, some people "improve" and "overcome" their disorder, they have coping skills, over do not.