Who has it easier in your opinion...women or men.

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:31 am

I know this is probably not going to end well. However, I guess I wanted everyones aspergers perspective on this matter.

Pressures of being a guy:

-The ability to protect
-The ability to develop a "alpha personality"
-Getting a good job

Pressures of being a women:

Looking really pretty.
Have kids

I guess it's a toss up in my opinion. If a girl is born pretty, she doesn't need to do much

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:35 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
I know this is probably not going to end well. However, I guess I wanted everyones aspergers perspective on this matter.

-The ability to protect
-Getting a good job

Looking really pretty.
Have kids

I guess it's a toss up in my opinion. If a girl is born pretty, she doesn't need to do much

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 8:47 am

John_Browning wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:

-The ability to protect
-Getting a good job

Looking really pretty.
Have kids

I guess your right. I am beating a dead horse.

This topic has been discussed thousands of times

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:57 am

I think men have it easier because:

-They don't bleed every month
-There's no risk of them getting pregnant
-There's less pressure for them to be physically attractive
-They get paid more at work
-When dating, they're the ones who get to make the 1st move

But I do understand that there are cons to being a guy too, such as the pressure to be the "breadwinner" and "protector". For example, my dad has symptoms of being on the autistic spectrum, but this frustrates my mom and makes her angry with him because she wants him to be her "protector". On the other hand, I am more autistic than my dad, but my mom pities me and doesn't expect anything out of me. This is partially due to me being a girl and dad being a guy, but also due to husband/wife dynamics vs. mother/daughter dynamics.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:04 am

You forgot hermaphrodites, and I think we all know who'd come out on top in that list.

Bloody eunuchs.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:06 am

God, not this crap again...

Women sit down to pee.. does that give any indication of how stupid this thread is?

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:28 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I think men have it easier because:

But I do understand that there are cons to being a guy too, such as the pressure to be the "breadwinner" and "protector". For example, my dad has symptoms of being on the autistic spectrum, but this frustrates my mom and makes her angry with him because she wants him to be her "protector". On the other hand, I am more autistic than my dad, but my mom pities me and doesn't expect anything out of me. This is partially due to me being a girl and dad being a guy, but also due to husband/wife dynamics vs. mother/daughter dynamics.

LOL at this statement.

It's once a month...not bad

Use protection..

Pills...condoms. No, it isn't gaureunteed. However, it greatly reduces the chances

You got me there

Depends. A nurse is a nurse...an engineer is an engineer. However, it probably is easier for me to advance to management.

I would rather have a girl ask me out...

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 10:48 am

ApsieGuy wrote:

Looking really pretty.
Have kids

If that's indeed all that's asked from women where you live, I can see why you think they have it easier. But I suspect you don't know what you're talking about, unless you live in the '50s or something.

Actually, the same goes for what you think it's expected from men - except maybe the job thing, but around here both men and women are judged by how successful they are.

hale_bopp wrote:

QFT

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:13 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

QFT

QFTx 10000

(and liking the flogging horse animation)

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:36 pm

I'm so tired of these huge gender wars here. You'd think people with Asperger's would be more accepting and understanding, but apparently they are not. Classification in this regard does not work because there isn't any set way to define someone having things "easier", not to mention the fact that generalizations are bad and do not take into account individual detail.

I'm disappointed.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2010, 12:40 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:

-The ability to protect
-Getting a good job

Looking really pretty.
Have kids

Try having someone kick you in the nuts every month for 7-14 days in a row and then tell me how easy you think it is to be a woman. That's how freaking painful menstrual cramps are for me (and for thousands of other women). Not to mention the nausea and irritability that come along with the cramps. Seriously, being a woman is nowhere near as easy as you seem to think it is.

I mean, try putting on makeup without messing it up, and then tell me how easy that is. Or try having to put together an outfit that's fashionable, all the while not knowing (and not caring) what the hell the current fashions are. Or try having guys treat you like a slab of meat simply because you have big boobs. I'm more than just a walking pair of breasts, you know. Or try having people constantly ask you why you aren't married yet, and why you don't have kids yet. Women who don't ever get married are seen as being broken somehow, while men who never get married are seen as swinging bachelors. How is that fair?

In other words, stop pretending you know what it's like to be a woman, because you don't even know the half of it.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 12:55 pm

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

By the way...

Quote:
If a girl is born pretty, she doesn't need to do much

You say this like it's a good thing.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 1:37 pm

*shudder* yeah... Pretty girls don't have it very easy, either. I wouldn't know because I'm very unremarkable-looking, but apparently they are expected not to be particularly smart and have a harder time getting into things that are stereotypically "smart", like medical school, advanced placement classes, or jobs in science and technology.

Plus, I have had a few creeps hit on me before... I can only imagine what it would be like if I were pretty and had that happen to me all the time. I'd probably get pathologically paranoid. No, thanks... I'll take my average-looking face any day and be grateful for it.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Assembly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

If you're like me and couldn't care less about relationships, then I'd say guys have it easier - well, as an adult atleast (guys are more often subjected to physical bullying). If finding the love of your life or just dating in general is important to you however, and you happen to me male,well good luck. The gender double standards are ridiculous when it comes to dating. Most guys are too desperate anyway, no wonder why girls have the upper hand. However, I'd take my period free months any day. Being a female aspie must be really hard. You're sort of stuck in the middle, while aspie guys can identify with other males (with similar interests).

Quote:
and have a harder time getting into things that are stereotypically "smart", like medical school, advanced placement classes, or jobs in science and technology.
Med school is dominated by females, atleast at my university. I'd estimate 60-70% females and 30-40% males. I agree about the jobs in science part , but being accepted into a program depends on your grades (and girls receive higher grades on average). However girls tend to chose stereotypical female professions, either because it's 'socially accepted' or out of interests. Girls in general also like people professions, but they'd get accepted into more scientific programs, if they wanted to.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 2:39 pm

This topic, again. :roll: