Are you too early? Too late? Or just in time?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

How are you doing with appointments?
I'm mostly too early. 51%  51%  [ 22 ]
I'm mostly too late. 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
I'm mostly on time. 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
I have no specific tendency. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 43

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 11:08 am

Me, I am always too early whenever I have an appointment. Typically by 15 minutes, but it can be up to half an hour and it would be even more if I did not consciously remind myself that I will be way too early if I start going to my destination now.

I figure that I can always wait if I'm too early so that all in all I will be on time. On the other hand, if I were late that might annoy the people I am having the appointment with and they might like me less because of that.

Sometimes this habit gets even more out of hand. I always take the last but one train from the city back to home area, because the last one might be broken or whatever and then I would have to spend the night in the city. And to be certain that I will catch the last but one train, I will not take the tram that makes it to the station in time, but the one before that, because there might be a traffic jam (in the middle of the night).

So what are your experiences with appointments?

R_odin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Oct 2010, 11:28 am

I always mentally calculate my ETA before i leave home, so i always manage to get just a little early.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

I tend to be on the earlier side, but not too early. 10 minutes or so, usually. Then on time sometimes. Very rarely am I late to anything.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Oct 2010, 1:22 pm

listen this is one of my big hangups. i'm always early and never late! also, people seem to make it there job to be late, i can express how much this bothers me :twisted:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

I tend to be early. I never want to be late for my appointment. I am rarely late. I am early by ten minutes or five minutes. I have been early by 15 minutes. I just know my routes and I found a new route to get to my doctors to avoid the risks of being stuck behind a train. Now I don't have to worry about being too late or way too early.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:37 pm

It depends on whether money is involved.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:45 pm

Left to my own devices, I am habitually 15 minutes early wherever I go. I do not like to be late nor do I like to feel stressed by being pressed for time or worrying that something will go wrong and make me late. I do not understand how people can be late all of the time and not be driven mad by it. I freak out when I am late.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:52 pm

late. mostly.

i try hard not to... and have improved a lot over the years.

see mozart & the whale... well... that's me; going into complete "aspie-mode" when having an appointment. i hate it.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

Well, I always want to be on time, but everything must be well done, so sometimes I'm too late. I really want to be on time, so I try and it's better and better. My statistics look better than about a year ago.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:16 pm

super late, never ready, never sure it's worth going and using time as an excuse not to go........IF i know i want to be there because it's important, i'll be an hour early. working on it............
edit: my main tendency is last minute canceling. in my head though, cause the other person is never warned.......gosh i suck.

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

27 Oct 2010, 2:35 pm

For me, it depends on what it is. I am always super early for school. I am almost always late for appointments.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:49 pm

It makes me anxious to be late, so I'm usually early. Sometimes I have to walk around the block to avoid being too early.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:54 pm

On time or a maximum of 5 minutes early. I'm never late unless there are unforeseen circumstances (like the freaking bus being late). I hate being late, but I hate being too early even more.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 3:08 pm

I usually TRY to be early. But somehow, I end up being stressed and anxious and cutting it short at the last minute, most of the time. So I can really relate to this "Mozart and the Whale" thing. I´m not sure really what happens between attempting to be early, but ending up being late instead. Maybe my calculations are just off. Often, it´s just bad luck. And the few times I end up NOT being late, I´m actually ridiculously early....so I say "next time I can leave later".....which is probably how the whole cycle starts in the first place.

What´s odd, though, is that when I´m with other people, they seem totally calm and unstressed about getting to places on time. They look at me like I´m crazy when I worry about being late. They tell me to "just relax", as they mosey along, unhurried. And when I´m with these people, it´s true, we always get there just in time. Which makes me wonder if I just have bad "Punctuality Karma" :?:

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

I'm generally on time, or a bit early. 8)

Well . . . unless I forget the appointment entirely. :lol: OR lose track of time doing something else and run late because of it. :oops: And sometimes I'll forget to allow for travel time, so I end up leaving 10 minutes before the appointment when it's going to take 20 to get there. :roll: Uh, and I've been known to leave without something I have to have for the appointment, and have to go back to get it.:shrug: Or, occasionally, I can't find something I need for the appointment and have to hunt for it before I can leave. :shameonyou:

OK, ok, I admit it! I could check into the hospital for surgery a day early and find a way to be late. :wall:

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

I am always too early. It goes from 30 minutes to 2hours. Really.