How can I go on living with this horrible disease?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 8:47 am

I am aware I may have aspergers, but the fact that I am aware I have it, not a ret*d like most who have it, is a fate crueler than anything. I realize that I will NEVER be a normal human BECAUSE those insensitive bastards we call medical researchers and those ret*ds who also have aspergers think of it as a "blessing". Do you know what it is like knowing you're inferior? That you're simple scum? That you will never be who you want to be? I will never experience the joys a regular man will feel (yes I've had sex with women before but I only end up with the dysfunctional desperate ones) I cannot put a silver cloud around something so horrible. I have lost my child hood, teenage years, and my adult life to this horrible disease. I will most likely die alone because of this horrible disease, a disease that NEEDS to be cured. I want to be a normal human, not some ret*d. Despite my complex vocabulary and education I am still no better than that drooling feeble minded down syndrome child with an IQ score of 50.

I am inferior. My pride cannot take this blow and as such it becomes harder every day to hold on knowing I am a simple ret*d. I am nothing more than Low class trash who use suits, my Lincoln Town Car, and classical music to hide the failure that is my life.

Qi
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 8:54 am

If you think people like Einstein are inferior to the millions of "normal" people who disappear from the pages of history over the course of time, then you need a new perspective.

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 8:57 am

Qi wrote:
If you think people like Einstein are inferior to the millions of "normal" people who disappear from the pages of history over the course of time, then you need a new perspective.

Lots of normal people are famous. Look at all of Hollywood. Not too many "aspies" there. The beautiful people aren't usually associated with this disease we have. I have found that out.

Plus anyway being aware of it is the most painful feeling of all. It practically dragged me into depression, another disease I can't escape from.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:01 am

SpecialEddy wrote:
I am aware I may have aspergers, but the fact that I am aware I have it, not a ret*d like most who have it, is a fate crueler than anything. I realize that I will NEVER be a normal human BECAUSE those insensitive bastards we call medical researchers and those ret*ds who also have aspergers think of it as a "blessing". Do you know what it is like knowing you're inferior? That you're simple scum? That you will never be who you want to be? I will never experience the joys a regular man will feel (yes I've had sex with women before but I only end up with the dysfunctional desperate ones) I cannot put a silver cloud around something so horrible. I have lost my child hood, teenage years, and my adult life to this horrible disease. I will most likely die alone because of this horrible disease, a disease that NEEDS to be cured. I want to be a normal human, not some ret*d. Despite my complex vocabulary and education I am still no better than that drooling feeble minded down syndrome child with an IQ score of 50.

I am inferior. My pride cannot take this blow and as such it becomes harder every day to hold on knowing I am a simple ret*d. I am nothing more than Low class trash who use suits, my Lincoln Town Car, and classical music to hide the failure that is my life.

The trick is learning to be grateful for what you have. From the sound of it, you have a reasonable intelligence, good insight into your problems and perfect physical health; you haven't mentioned any physical disability so I'm assuming you are able-bodied and have the whole world at your fingertips. Get out there and enjoy life!

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 9:03 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
SpecialEddy wrote:

The trick is learning to be grateful for what you have. From the sound of it, you have a reasonable intelligence, good insight into your problems and perfect physical health; you haven't mentioned any physical disability so I'm assuming you are able-bodied and have the whole world at your fingertips. Get out there and enjoy life!

It's hard when its difficult to get any actual female relationship going. I'm not going to lie I've done it but not with the women I deserve. And grateful? How am I supposed to be grateful having a disease that puts me in the same class as Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and other diseases that can cause retardation?

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

It's not a disease and many famous people have it.

Qi
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 9:10 am

Being aware of it brought me peace, not pain. It's all about perspective.

Some of the most brilliant people were brilliant thanks to their condition, and I'm not just talking about famous people, but people who changed history. My point was that having any degree of autism doesn't necessarily make you "inferior". It made a lot of people "superior" in a lot of ways. Yes, not everyone with autism has super-intellectual abilities, but in one way or the other, they usually do develop special skills that others are often envious of. I understand your frustration of not being able to live a "normal" life, but maybe your real issue is depression, not Asperger's. Many people learn to be happy with their condition, and there's a good explanation for that, not just ignorance.

arondight
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

You haven't lost your life to the syndrome, sounds like you're giving up your life to it. I have it too and Im inferior to nobody, I will achieve all I want to because I can. You can too, stop defeating yourself.

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 9:16 am

Qi wrote:
Being aware of it brought me peace, not pain. It's all about perspective.

Some of the most brilliant people were brilliant thanks to their condition, and I'm not just talking about famous people, but people who changed history. My point was that having any degree of autism doesn't necessarily make you "inferior". It made a lot of people "superior" in a lot of ways. Yes, not everyone with autism has super-intellectual abilities, but in one way or the other, they usually do develop special skills that others are often envious of. I understand your frustration of not being able to live a "normal" life, but maybe your real issue is depression, not Asperger's. Many people learn to be happy with their condition, and there's a good explanation for that, not just ignorance.
I want to be a leader, I can't do that with this disease because leadership is stripped from me with this disease's symptoms. I wish I could have grown up in the 1950s... As a normal child. Not a monster. I wish I could have lived a life where I could have been the one on top. Not someone who made the fool. I am merely a monster and in the same class as those with IQs well below 50. I might as well have been in special ed classes all throughout my school life instead of normal ones. It took me all these years to even partially blend in but I know deep down inside that I'm oblivious to those social cues. People mock that I miss the few that slip by but I cannot reveal I am a ret*d. I consider it just as bad as someone being a homosexual. Anything that isn't normal is hardly human.

Qi
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 9:20 am

As far as relationships go, it may be difficult, but you may yet find someone who'll accept you for who you are, and that's the person you really want in your life, not someone who's shallow enough to dismiss a person because of something they cannot help (Something you yourself should avoid becoming). No guarantees, but you don't know what the future holds for you.

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 9:24 am

Qi wrote:
As far as relationships go, it may be difficult, but you may yet find someone who'll accept you for who you are, and that's the person you really want in your life, not someone who's shallow enough to dismiss a person because of something they cannot help (Something you yourself should avoid becoming). No guarantees, but you don't know what the future holds for you.
I cannot accept myself for having this disease so I just turn it into hate towards others which fuels me. Can I at least use this disease to collect disability?

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 9:25 am

alex wrote:

It's not a question of being famous or having any kind of special talent or ability, it's a question of accepting yourself for who you are and working around your problems to get where you want to be.

I used to have these feelings of self-pity when I was younger. I got over it by realising that I didn't need or want any of the crap that most people aspire to; marriage, children, good job, house, car etc. At the end of the day, the more you have in life, the more problems you have to contend with.

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 9:29 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
alex wrote:

It's not a question of being famous or having any kind of special talent or ability, it's a question of accepting yourself for who you are and working around your problems to get where you want to be.

I used to have these feelings of self-pity when I was younger. I got over it by realising that I didn't need or want any of the crap that most people aspire to; marriage, children, good job, house, car etc. At the end of the day, the more you have in life, the more problems you have to contend with.

I don't know, I kinda liked getting laid 50 or so times by my last girlfriend and several times before that. I also do enjoy very much my 1999 Lincoln Town Car, I would LOVE to inherit the place I live in and I sure as hell would like some kids to raise like Bing Crosby and I know that if I wasn't ret*d I could have not slacked off in high school (because my father told me I had this disease awhile before he died which gave me depression thus taking me down with him). With the knowledge I'm ret*d there's not much I can do. The only positive thing I have to think of is the fact I'm not gay.

Qi
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 9:31 am

I know how that is. I've desired leadership, and I have the technical skills (but not the social ones) to be one. Some people do end up becoming leaders despite their condition, but I don't see it happening with me.

I realized with time that the reason I wanted to become a leader is because I wanted to become the opposite of the person I was; the weak and disrespected individual, but I made my peace with the fact that my anger wasn't going to get me where I want to be.

The best you can do is to seek growth rather than success, until one day you become an irreplaceable individual, and that is what will put you in the position of respect and power. Einstein once said: "Strive not for success, but to be of value."

SpecialEddy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

Qi wrote:
I know how that is. I've desired leadership, and I have the technical skills (but not the social ones) to be one. Some people do end up becoming leaders despite their condition, but I don't see it happening with me.

I realized with time that the reason I wanted to become a leader is because I wanted to become the opposite of the person I was; the weak and disrespected individual, but I made my peace with the fact that my anger wasn't going to get me where I want to be.

The best you can do is to seek growth rather than success, until one day you become an irreplaceable individual, and that is what will put you in the position of respect and power. Einstein once said: "Strive not for success, but to be of value."
What value do I have? I'm in the same league as all those welfare leeches. I might as well join them and drain our nations resources dry.

Qi
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2010, 9:47 am

Here's a paradox for you to think about: If you insist you're ret*d, wouldn't that increase the possibility that you're wrong about yourself?

Seriously though, I obviously don't know enough to tell you what value you could add, I've been around enough people to realize you're not stupid. You're more self-aware than most people. I'd say your biggest problems are your extreme anger and self-esteem issues.

Ever tried writing something? Your writing skills are pretty good for a ret*d person. :wink: