I have no real opinions on anything, I have to pretend 24/7

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

slapme7times
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

There are very few things I honestly care about....

Eating feels good, sleeping feels good when I am tired.

I do not like taking showers or brushing my teeth, but I do it regularly because society expects it.

I don't like wearing clothing unless it is very cold and demanded by the weather.

I feel like an observer, not an active participant.

I do not understand most of human behavior, I feel I have a very streamlined and simplified view of reality and survival.

I guess I feel that people create unnecessary rules and laws.

how do you feel?

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 9:30 pm

I have a terrible time complying with anything
that isn't a reasonable law.

There are these stupid fake rules that are not
even laws that I just cannot follow, so I have
to disapoint society.

I c an keep clean enuf not to stink anyone
out and that is it, i dont dress fancy or
wear an ocean of lotion or colone,
just the basics.

I never broke any laws and I don't plan on it.

I cannot be this Mr. Growedup that society seems
to want, I don't understand how to do it, I just
can't, its too hard, ie, 'get a girlfrend' or 'buy a house'
do growedup things, watch news on tv, it is not possible,
any of that rubbish.

So I just live for me.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

slapme7times
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2010, 9:36 pm

I feel that laws should be remade to better suit reality as it is, and as I see it, which in my opinion, is reality as it is.

Not just legal laws, but social laws.

people forced by the law to obey sane social laws that I agree with.

It should be illegal to own more than 5 acres of land.

It should be illagal to own your own private jet.

It should be illegal to own more than 2 vehicles

It should be illegal to litter, punished with prison time

It should be illegal to lie, punished with death,

etc, etc.

All things I believe would lead to a perfect human civilization.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

06 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm

slapme7times wrote:

I do not like taking showers or brushing my teeth, but I do it regularly because society expects it.

I don't like wearing clothing unless it is very cold and demanded by the weather.

I do not understand most of human behavior, I feel I have a very streamlined and simplified view of reality and survival.

how do you feel?

I relate to most of what you wrote.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 12:28 am

Strange, you say you don't have opinions, but express some pretty extreme views...

Brushing your teeth is more of a health issue than a societal expectation.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 12:41 am

People are crazy

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 1:01 am

I can't say I don't have opinions about things. I just don't have opinions on things I haven't thoroughly researched and studied. I hate those telephone or in person surveys that ask your opinions on "current issues". I can never answer those. I haven't thought about them much then I don't have an opinion. Often I don't have an opinion on things I have done much research on either. Life isn't black and white. Why can't they get that? Quite a few people who know me act shocked that I don't care about a lot of the things one way or another, or that I'm not on their side or anybody else' side.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:22 am

slapme7times wrote:

If it matters to you, then read a newspaper every day. Read the most serious newspaper that is comfortable. Make sure to read the newspaper on any day that you have a meeting, appointment, job interview etc.

That way you will at least know what other people have opinions about, and may start to form your own. I mean, Obama or BP, how could you not have an opinion of some kind?

slapme7times
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2010, 1:39 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
Strange, you say you don't have opinions, but express some pretty extreme views...

It's hard to explain why I would be so hypocritical...

As I was writing, I tried to think about what my core beliefs were, and all that just came out.

It is extreme, and it takes focus to even bring these thoughts into my conscious mind.

I guess all cleaning behavior can be considered a health issue... perhaps that just needs to be the way I view it, as something that needs to be done from a medical standpoint...?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 2:09 pm

slapme7times wrote:

how do you feel?

I feel exactly the same, but I'm trying to turn it to my advantage. I may not be able to do anything about the stupid rules society sees fit to enforce on everyone, but I believe I can make money from how I see the world from an outside perspective.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2010, 5:39 pm

slapme7times wrote:
I feel that laws should be remade to better suit reality as it is, and as I see it, which in my opinion, is reality as it is.

Not just legal laws, but social laws.

people forced by the law to obey sane social laws that I agree with.

It should be illegal to own more than 5 acres of land. - Does that include farm land?

It should be illagal to own your own private jet.

It should be illegal to own more than 2 vehicles

It should be illegal to litter, punished with prison time. Does this include greenhouse gases released from cars etc?

It should be illegal to lie, punished with death, This is a grey area in my opinion. Especially when it comes to exaggerations, and even though some one may perceive something to be the truth when in fact it may not be. Or maybe i misunderstood what you exactly meant?

etc, etc.

All things I believe would lead to a perfect human civilization.

I have a couple of issues with some of the points as highlighted in bold.

However back to the original topic I went through a massive phase of that. It meant I was unable to really come to any decisions or form an opinion of anything i particularly cared about.

And then i went through a phase of having an opinion, especially about subjective stuff.

And now i feel it very difficult to come to an opinion about anything which i don't know a lot, or everything about or i feel is subjective, and see no logical reason why one opinion is more right than another.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:42 pm

[quote="slapme7times"It should be illegal to lie, punished with death[/quote]

We'll all be dead in that case. Most people on this site included.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

Same.

I don't *feel* strongly about much, so I guess I'm not passionate or idealistic. I also pretend.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 2:53 pm

slapme7times wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:

It's hard to explain why I would be so hypocritical...

As I was writing, I tried to think about what my core beliefs were, and all that just came out.

It is extreme, and it takes focus to even bring these thoughts into my conscious mind.

I guess all cleaning behavior can be considered a health issue... perhaps that just needs to be the way I view it, as something that needs to be done from a medical standpoint...?

I had no intention of accusing you of hypocrisy - it just seemed a bit weird that you would say you have no opinions...

A more practical approach towards such rules might help you a lot. I don't like brushing my teeth either, but I think how awful toothaches are and the insane costs of dental care and just do it :)

Same goes for the others - I completely agree with you that littering should be punished more severely, while lying, as annoying as it is, is often necessary to keep the peace.

I often feel like an observer, too, but I prefer it this way. I feel it's up to me if and when I choose to participate. Everything I do and don't do comes with a price tag - isolation, peer pressure, disapproval, compromises in order to fit in and so on - and in a way that makes it easier for me to decide, as I can weight the pros and cons of conforming or not. I appreciate this kind of freedom - limited as it is - and that makes me more tolerant when others make decisions I consider stupid (if I would have the power to decide how they live, someone else would have similar power over my life and I would hate that). Does this make any sense?