Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fosf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2007, 5:30 pm

I make some humming and high-pitched noises that other people don't seem to make - except my significant other who is an Aspie. Some of these noises are related to my mood - I make high-pitched noises when I'm excited or anxious. However, some of them are unrelated to situation and my mood.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2007, 5:36 pm

Absolutely. I make noise when i am stressed or overly stimulated and sometimes it just happens. But it is more likely that if d I am in an agiated state of mind (very happy and exited or mad, or sad, etc)

Woman
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2007, 6:23 pm

The most I do is make loud exhales from time to time.

However, I was at the beach the other day, and I swear I recognized another human as being aspie - he was alone, happy being alone, separated himself from the othe rbeach goers, i don't know , I just guessed he was one - (takes one to know one, right?) As i was packing up my beach towel, etc., I walked past him, I think a little too close. - I heard a high pitch whine that I 'm guessing he made because I ws too close to him.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 7:11 pm

i do ><

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Aug 2007, 7:19 pm

Sedaka wrote:
i do ><

What is "><"?

I make bird noises and I have a bizarre two tone warbling whistle that I do.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2007, 7:22 pm

The second I suffer intense pain in some ways, or am headed down a path that could be bad and I can't likely stop, I DO make an odd sound I have never known anyone else to make.

JDM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2007, 1:21 am

When I'm by myself, I make all sorts of noises- grunts, random musical tones, groaning sounds. I find it relaxing.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 2:22 am

richie wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
i do ><

What is "><"?

I use this in World of Warcraft a lot, if it is the same thing I'm thinking of, it's kind of like a "doh!" expression. Upright, 2 squinty eyes next to each other, or at least that's what it always looked like to me, lol.

As far as making weird noises, I click my tongue in my mouth when I'm not doing anything all that important. I also make a similar noise-I guess it's like sucking air through my teeth when thinking. I don't know if the rest of them are really considered odd noises or just words with meanings, but I can carry on a whole conversation probably just by responding with words like "bleh" "meh" "hmmm" "ugh"-things like that, lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2007, 4:18 am

I have a range of noises I make.

since childhood:

Bhrrrrjooop Bhrrrrjooop
Pppknaknaknakna Pppknaknaknakna Pppknaknaknakna
Whiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whih (repeated 3 x with about 1 second between each repetition, then further rounds about 10 to 15 seconds after the previous round) (sounds like a fog horn but in ateddy bear voice! As a child I would lift my teddy bear 'Softie' up and down with the sound).

Developed within adulthood:
Niminoo Niminoo
Heeeeeeeebedo Heeeeeeeebedo

Sayings attached to interests:

Foody food
Choc choc
Choc choc choc Choc-Ice
Chocca Choc-Iiiice Chocca Choc-Iiiice

(Choc-Ice is one of my teddy bears)

TurtleJen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2007, 5:15 am

I make chirping sounds through my teeth and a screech in the back of my throat (it makes it hurt though, so I've tried to stop doing that one). I can also make a chirp sound with my lips like my cockatiel does.
While reading this I tried not to do them and felt like I was going to suffocate.

My aunt keeps telling me it is called a 'Tik.'

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 6:01 am

I make moaning noises when I cannot think of anything to say and the silence is awkward.
I suppose I do sometimes make odd noises but I am used to it now.

Rossi

03 Aug 2007, 7:44 am

richie wrote:
... and I have a bizarre two tone warbling whistle that I do.

Ha ! Finally I found somebody doing that as well :lol: But could as well be a two tone melody, the lower tone is a kind of humming while the higher tone is made by whistling at the same time

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 12:25 pm

I am constantly singing or scatting..making up melodies and whatnot.
As a little kid I was constantly quacking or making motorcycle sounds.

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2007, 1:17 pm

I growl, and make primitive scream like sounds, tho I don't do it as loudly as I could, especially in the presence of people. I also make an elephant sound that used to drive one of the librarians in the library where I work absolutely batty. I couldn't help it.

Edit: I'm also a heavy sigher, and I often make a muted scream/hum sound when I'm frustrated.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 2:54 pm

I do that all the time! It gets worse when I am upset but can happen if I get overexcited. I also have lots of vocal tics because I have Tourette syndrome but that is not related...

freya918
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2007, 5:25 pm

i make a noise that is like a howl, only with my mouth shut...i do this when i'm ashamed of/disgusted by myself, or things i've said/done in the past. thank f ck i don't usually do this around people o___O.