Do you feel like you're more mature than the average person?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AspieOrNot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2011, 3:02 pm

People have told me that I'm "an adult trapped in a child's body" when it comes to a look over the world, being objective etc.

However, I still think I am immature in some ways.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Yes. On Babycenter I see lot of childish behavior and then in Facebook I see childish behavior too. I feel like saying "Can you at least disagree without the insults?" These are adults and they are calling each other names like as*hole, b***h, dumb, and lot of people have blocked this one guy who does insults and anyone who disagrees with him are "dumb" and he calls them that. To me that is elementary school behavior and this guys is how old? Late 40's? He has five kids and has mentioned being over 45. Now that is one bad black and white thinker there.

I feel I am more mature just by how people act and they feel entitled to attack and make fun of people when they feel insulted when all the OP did was asked a curious question. They can't at least be rational about it?

Yeah I feel really mature when I see this behavior online. I don't care if it's the internet, you're still immature when you act that way. I also think it's cowardly to get online and insult people and say things to their face you wouldn't say in real life to people's faces.

But then in other ways I am immature.

MyDogSasha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

no i feel alot younger...anywhere from 2 to `15 but mostly around 9/10 i think?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Nothing makes me feel more mature than reading about idiots insulting their mothers over an argument about which gaming console is better over the interwebs.

jonnysound
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2011, 6:44 am

A bit of both. Especially when my male friends when I was at university would talk About sex obsessively like some aspergians might talk about a special interest! Lol and of course I didn't but I get it sex is fun but I don't want to talk about it 24/7 it's stupid inmature boring discussion to me. And they laugh at people that look or dress different and I never get it but I laugh a bit to join in but I don't really care!

(officially diagnosed with Asperger's 2nd June 2011 @ 12:56pm)

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 7:16 am

Not at all, but mostly definitely.

This makes absolutely no sense but I don't know how else to explain it.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 4:27 am

It's hard to say. In some ways, I feel much more mature, and it's hard for me to believe that some people have a job/are the parents or guardians of kids when they seem to behave like five year olds themselves. But in other ways, I feel as if I've been somehow left behind and am much younger.

... NT people, to me, seem to overreact a lot. Always shrieking with laughter or gasping with shock or making such a fuss about the pettiest things. That seems immature to me. I suppose I'm the 'flat effect' kind of Aspie in terms of emotional display. But then I react strongly or badly to other things that they barely notice.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

Intellectuallly and in a self-aware sense? Yes.
Emotionally? Definitely not. I get far too swayed by things. This could explain why all my friends are creative types.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

06 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

Um, no, I'm nowhere near as mature as my chronological age might suggest.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Depends on the situation. Sometimes I could act like a 10 year old and blurt out the stupidest things, and at other times i'm not amused by anything.

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2011, 3:23 am

My father once commented that I was born an old man, which seems about right...

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

Nope, I feel like I am less mature! :P