Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you take prescriptions?
Yes, to control undesirable aspects of AS/ASD & it helps 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Yes, for a comorbid or physical condition (or other, but what is there) 54%  54%  [ 27 ]
Sometimes but not on a regular basis 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Used to, but stopped needing, or stopped wanting to 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Would be better of taking meds, but can not afford it financially 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Can not handle the side effects 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Other (?) 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 50

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2010, 9:19 pm

Omnicognic wrote:
Xanax for anxiety and Adderall for ADD, and was supposed to see the doc Wed to be put on a third, but i spaced and missed my appt

Adderall only works if you remember to take it. :lol:

Sometimes I forget about all of the meds and later in the day realize that I could be feeling better if....

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 4:46 am

MONKEY wrote:
Only buscopan for my IBS, and even then I hardly take it because I don't think it actually works, I've taken it 3 times since I was prescribed them in summer and I don't even know what it's supposed to do.

I have taken so many things for IBS and I don't think any of them made a difference. It is such a miserable, painful condition.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 5:04 am

I just take Albuterol for asthma.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:30 am

Doxepin, diphenhydramine, ranitidine, midodrine, amitryptiline.

For CFS I've been on trials of about 100. Got tired of being a human lab rat and stopped, though. My liver is probably happier now.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

THANK YOU for posting this!

It made me think and I remembered that I have some xanax. I don't take it often, but I've gotta go to this huge charity fundraiser party thing tonight 8O , and it would be nice if I at least don't look terrified!

As for drugs I take regularly - I take Advair, and somehow I got a non-infectious (so, how did I catch it? :shrug: ) lung infection. I'm taking 3 antibiotics for that - Rifampin, Clarithromycin and Ethambutol. And that's it, thankfully.

Used to be on Effexor for depression, probably still should be taking it, but didn't like the side effects, so quit that over a year ago.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:01 pm

I have Valium for anxiety and insomnia, but I take it on a PRN (Pro Re Nata, only when needed) basis.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:32 pm

Keppra and topamax for epilepsy. Valium for catamenial epilepsy. Percocet for chronic pain. Decadron for brain swelling (I had surgery in august but I had to start taking more when the radiation knocked out my hand), chemo soon, lots of other stuff that isn't prescription.

What is it about doctors and being really, really paranoid about giving you the appropriate pain medication... when you have cancer? Every single one I've met like that has been busted for being a pillpopper/distributor.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:41 pm

I currently take 60mg of Celexa (Citalopram) per day for depression. It seems to help, I do not FEEL AS depressed as I did 3-4 months ago. I do think it may have increased my hand tremors a bit, but as i've always had tremors, I can't be 100% sure about that either. There have been no other side effects that i'm aware of.

I've been on several other SSRI's in the past and many different psych meds in general (including Lithium when the psychs felt I was bipolar and Zyprexa when one psychiatrist believed I was exhibiting "psychotic signs") and none of them ever really did a thing for me.

With the exception the Zyprexa....that just knocked me out for twelve hours a day and turned me into a zombie during my waking hours. I couldn't even take half of the prescribed dosage of Zyprexa.

Beyond that.....I take Aciphex for acid reflux disorder.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 11:53 pm

MizLiz wrote:
What is it about doctors and being really, really paranoid about giving you the appropriate pain medication... when you have cancer? Every single one I've met like that has been busted for being a pillpopper/distributor.

I've heard/read that the DEA has been targeting doctors for pain meds, so that they (the DEA) can look like they're worth the federal budget expenditure for the "war against drugs," having failed to have much effect on street drugs use.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 8:47 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
MizLiz wrote:

I've heard/read that the DEA has been targeting doctors for pain meds, so that they (the DEA) can look like they're worth the federal budget expenditure for the "war against drugs," having failed to have much effect on street drugs use.

Yeah, I heard that too. Your tax $$$ at work.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 9:07 am

just zoloft for anxiety currently

Last edited by Seanmw on 17 Oct 2010, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

ust zoloft for anxiety currently

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 9:49 am

I only take Allegra for my allergies. I'm highly sensitive to drugs. I can pretty much only take Allegra and Motrin.

sfumato
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2010, 11:13 am

I used to take methilphenidate because of ADD. But I stopped taking it a few months ago.

bggallag

17 Oct 2010, 11:33 am

I take 4 every morning. Then Ativan as needed. :)

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 1:21 pm

I voted for other, being "no". Though I have been prescribed things in the past, none of them had anything to do with autism.

Hermier wrote:
Can polls be edited?

They can until someone else posts on the thread.

MizLiz wrote:
What is it about doctors and being really, really paranoid about giving you the appropriate pain medication... when you have cancer?

Well I know they have to be careful, because a lot of drugs can cause liver damage, so they try to minimize that as much as possible. They also have to make sure it's not interfering with your current medication...and then you have to take four more pills to try to alleviate the side-effects of the pills you were already taking =) And sometimes they have to switch to something else if your insurance plan won't cover certain meds =(