Anybody received face-to-face advice while posting to WP?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 2:14 pm

How do the experiences of receiving face-to-face advice on posting to WP compare with (self) posting to WP without advice?

Anybody noticed how follow-up responses on WP have differed after receiving advice on WP posting?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 2:41 pm

Sorry.

I cannot decipher what you are talking about.

By "face to face" I would assume that you mean "someone talking to you in real offline life"( ie "face to face").

So what does that have to do with "posting on Wrongplanet"?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 3:00 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sorry.

I cannot decipher what you are talking about.

By "face to face" I would assume that you mean "someone talking to you in real offline life"( ie "face to face").

So what does that have to do with "posting on Wrongplanet"?

To clarify, an actual person who is present to give advice while posting here to WP!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

Do you mean someone advising you face to face about what you should post on WP? I don't understand.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 5:20 pm

Apart from instruction in using a computer, I have never had any physical/informational interaction while at a keyboard. Collaborative writing is very rare. However, I do consult with others before calling the Police, even in an emergency.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 5:55 pm

Magna wrote:
Do you mean someone advising you face to face about what you should post on WP? I don't understand.

In short, I'm asking, "can two heads be better than one?" - that is enlisting advice on how to structure a WP posts - esp. if it's a person who has some acquaintance with AS/HFA.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 6:21 pm

^ No,l I don't consult with someone else before posting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 6:35 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Magna wrote:

In short, I'm asking, "can two heads be better than one?" - that is enlisting advice on how to structure a WP posts - esp. if it's a person who has some acquaintance with AS/HFA.

Do you mean a physical person (offline, in real life) standing next to you in the room while you type on the keyboard coaching you about posting on WP?

Or are you talking about a person here in cyberspace, right here at WP, like one of the Moderators, coaching you, while you post on WP?

I am just trying to visualize what you're talking about.

I myself have never had any real life campanion coaching me over my shoulder while venturing into cyberspace. Or not since mom first showed me how to use a computer for a few minutes way back in 1989 or like that.

I am sure that every long time user of WP has had a moderator wag their figure at you for something or other on occasion. But no. I don't ever have either offline, nor online folks, coaching me while I type these WP posts

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 6:46 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Magna wrote:

Never mind the F2F. Just study my past posts then try to do the opposite of what I did.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 6:49 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Apart from instruction in using a computer, I have never had any physical/informational interaction while at a keyboard. Collaborative writing is very rare. However, I do consult with others before calling the Police, even in an emergency.

I am 67 years old and I cannot recall ever having called the police once in my entire life.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 9:33 am

MaxE wrote:
I am 67 years old and I cannot recall ever having called the police once in my entire life.

I once called the police (911) for the first time in 2017 because a driver was so bad and inattentive I thought the public was in immediate and serious danger. They kept running stop signs, yields, cut several people off, turned left from the right lane, etc. I thought I would have been laughed at or dismissed since there are a lot of bad drivers but they actually took my call very seriously. They were not able to track the driver down but someone actually called me back later that night to thank me and tell me they would keep an eye out. I have since called the non-emergency # a few times because my damn neighbors think 1-4am is a good time to have a house party on the deck and I am not confronting a large group of drunk idiots and again the noise stopped within 20 minutes. Thank God that neighbor seemed to have moved.

Previously, I called 911 to report a fire since I didn't see anyone else doing it and even though it was literally next door to the fire station no trucks seemed to be coming. The operator was just rude saying "someone already reported it" and hung up before I could explain it was probably more serious than the first caller stated. It was still a minor fire but even the fire captain mentioned that it was bigger than they expected based on the dispatch.

Sorry to ramble on but to answer the OP's question nobody close to me, not even my wife knows I post here.

TheHindsightMan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2020, 11:01 am

Never tried to consult anything I post here or anywhere else with anyone... because I have none to consult with. But i think I get where you're going with this question.

For me posting anywhere online Is so much easier than real life communication. I can take my time obsessing about what I am posting. Edit, reedit, then post and wait and watch how I am not eliciting any type of a response. Then after obsessing about what I could possibly have done wrong for about 48h I just delete the post most of the time along with the account. Btw this is my 5th account on WP. I'm not bitter or crossed about it. It's just how my anxiety helps me with communication.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 11:53 am

From my own experience, I usually post without seeking advice; yet occasionally, it's necessary to seek advice from an acquaintance aware of AS/HFA.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2020, 12:58 pm

I don't understand the question either.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
From my own experience, I usually post without seeking advice; yet occasionally, it's necessary to seek advice from an acquaintance aware of AS/HFA.

To augment the original discussion thread: How have acquaintances / friendships been shaped by awareness of AS/HFA, and.......WP?

How many educate acquaintances on AS/HFA and WP? Have acquaintances brought their awareness of AS/HFA and WP "to the table?"

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 2:04 pm

^^ I told my counsellor and close friends, but I don't think any of them can imagine a logical mind.