Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 8:44 am

Darkmysticdream wrote:
Yes! I did that all the time, and now having two little boys I watch them do the same things. They will both take turns helping each other into a small cabinet and closing the door. They just stay in there at times, just like I did as a kid. I also would go into a small shelf in my closet and curl up there. I too had the habit of messing with the radio dial and listening to the frequencies.

Same.

I would step on the shelves using them as a stair step , and somehow would climb to the top shelf and turn around in there...... this closet was a linen closet and it was a narrow as can be, and the top shelf was at least 6ft above the floor. The door header clearance would almost prevent you from squeezing up into this shelve height.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 9:45 am

Yeah I am not sure either if that is an AS trait, my brother is as NT as you get and he used to do that stuff as a kid all of the time!

Mir

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2010, 5:08 pm

Oh, I used to love crawling into my wardrobe and hiding out there for a while.
I don't know if it's autistic or AS, but I'm AS, so...

ImaginaryTime
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2010, 6:20 pm

I once had a fairly large plastic toybox, which was pink and white. My parents were puzzled by the fact that I would often pull out all of the toys and sit in the now empty toybox. To be honest, I don't know why I did it either.

I also liked to spend a lot of time in my basement. I still do, actually. Mostly, I just pace back and forth, talking to myself, but when I was younger, I had "adventures" down there. I would pretend that I was in the mountains, or in a cave, or underwater. Usually, I kept the light off, unless it was dark outside.

It actually never occurred to me to climb into cabinents...

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:48 am

I don't remember much, but there are times when I have the urge to want to climb into a dark cupboard and hang out for a while or when Im searching for something under my bed, I find it tempting to just lie there for a while.
I have a friend whose young NT son likes to climb into the kitchen cupboards and hang out in them.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!