Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 6:52 pm

The world would suck without me in it :wink:

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

I don't wish I never existed, though I frequently wish I hadn't been born onto this particular world and fervently wish to exit it in hopes that the next may be better suited to me.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 7:17 pm

I'm glad I exist! I don't want to die yet...

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

Ya know, corp900, if ya don't start participating in the threads you start people are gonna stop responding.

Just sayin ...

FlintsDoorknob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2010, 8:34 pm

There can't be a positive or negative connotation associated to you never being born. Every single impact you've made on this Earth would have never happened. Any relationship you've had with anyone would never has existed. Without that happening you can't say you would be happier, as you -would not exist.- It's a pretty juevinile thing to wish for in my opinion.

Yes you can wish the depression, anxiety, pain and struggles to go away but we're all stuck here.

Even with the pain and anxiety that is required in existing...I'm pretty sure it's worth it...consider...I like existing.

wornlight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2010, 8:41 pm

there are many things i would like not to have had happen, but the past is not negotiable. i live here, in the present; it will be over in a moment.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 9:22 pm

when i was younger and totally bereft of perspective, i wished i had never been born. as i grew older and more metaphysically inclined, i believe that if not now, then when? IOW this life i am living now, i would just as soon get it done and overwith than have to worry about incarnating into this life at some future date.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:31 pm

Yes. 100%. While having depression fight back (I'm still putting up a good fight, though), I'm additionally having an existential crisis. I don't see a meaning of life at all, let alone a reason why I have a reason to be here. I'll die eventually and what could I accomplish in such a limited time, that might cease to exist once I die anyways? Not to mention the many people who die as innocent people... there's no justice in the world, and according to my parents, justice in the afterlife is just as f****d up as it is in this life.

So committing suicide won't make anything go away. Instead, I just wish I never existed. I hate my situations right now and I don't see hope for things ever changing. I wasn't as lucky as everyone else and my life started out on a bad note so apparently I can't enjoy life the same.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:35 pm

kind of, i guess. i think some people wanted me aborted so it was a close call

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 1:19 am

When I was suffering in the throes of severe depression, anxiety and OCD, I felt like such a burden on my family that I wished I had never been born so that life would be easier for them.

Now I don't feel that way at all. There's no reason to feel that way anymore - my mental illnesses are under control; I'm very happy and very healthy in every way at this point in my life.

Hegel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2010, 4:06 am

Many times, while i was depressed mostly ...

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:20 am

I used to be that way when I was going through the whole 'why am I living?! !!?!' phase.

Then I decided that my life had no particular purpose, and that this was a good thing. I serve no more or no less purpose than a little sparrow does. So wanting the wipe my life makes as much sense as wanting the sparrow to not be born.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:37 am

I'd rather be alive and autistic, than an abortion statistic. :wink:

samuelandrews
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2010, 4:51 am

Where would we be if we never existed?

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2010, 5:00 am

What a topic for me to find right now. I was looking to find an area where to post a message and found this.

I started to feel that way when I was about 5. My mother let me know a long time ago that if there was birth control pills at the time I was conceived she wouldn't had me. More recently I spoke to her about the article I read about a pre-natal test for autism and asked if she would have had an abortion rather than having a child with Asperger's Syndrome. She said yes. What a sweetheart.

When I was 5 I remember going to see Pinocchio at the movies. I was envious that the puppet had a parent that obviously loved him and accepted him for what he was. Let alone he was able to change from a wooden puppet to a real boy so that he could be just like everyone else. I was so jealous of that puppet.

How I wish right now I could be someone else. Something happened yesterday that bothers me a lot. Something I am really ashamed of and this is the wrong place to discuss it. It's one of those things that happen that just make me wish that I wasn't here any more. This morning I did discuss it briefly with my friend that I live with but it didn't help me feel that much better. He actually said it happens to many people. Find that hard to believe.

Thanks for listening/reading. irene

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 8:45 am

irene wrote:
I started to feel that way when I was about 5. My mother let me know a long time ago that if there was birth control pills at the time I was conceived she wouldn't had me.

Ouch. That one hurts. My mother regularly told me such things, continually reminding me of the burden I was to her and the overwhelming worthlessness of my existence.

It takes a long time to stop believing it, but it can be done.