Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 8:49 am

Nope, never. I wonder what happens when I die, but I have never wondered why I am here. Maybe I am just here to f**k with people, I don't know.

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2010, 10:13 am

I would have had a very good life without AS.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2010, 12:29 pm

I would have had a very good life without AS.[i]

This is one statement that I completely disagree with. It's impossible to use the words "would have". Are you saying that all NTs have a very good life? They wish. Since I have managed to make my self miserable for most of my life I convinced that I will always be able to find something that will make me upset. I don't think that Aspies are the only people capable of doing it. Haven't you seen a group of NTs sit around (w)itching and moaning? Maybe the difference between the two groups is that we have autism to blame for our misery. While the NTs don't have anything to blame other than themselves. Which of course they (at least most) would never do.

irene

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 12:32 pm

Molecular_Biologist wrote:
I would have had a very good life without AS.

And you know this how?

You can speculate that if you were able to pick and choose the attributes that make YOU, then a better life would have been experienced. But there are plenty of NTs living miserable lives. You could easily have been one of them.

Atama
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2010, 2:04 pm

Sometimes.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Nov 2010, 4:03 pm

sometimes :pig:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:12 pm

Sometimes. I never wish I'd die, though.

kat_ross
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2010, 4:31 pm

I do. I have pretty much felt that way my entire life. I have the distinct memory of writing my mom a letter when i was about 5 or 6. i believe the wording i used was "if this is how things are going to be, i might as well hold my breath until i'm no longer here." (apparently when i was little, i thought you could actually kill yourself by holding your breath). My mom tells me that she has no memory of it whatsoever. So I'm glad that I meant so much to my family :roll:.

Anyway, I have been suicidal on and off, but I don't think that I would actually kill myself. I feel like there's nothing that can undo what's already been done and that bugs me. Maybe I just need my memory wiped. People just don't understand what I mean when I tell them that I have no desire to be a part of society and I would rather I hadn't been brought here-it's not like I asked to be conceived. They think that I will cheer up and change my mind-and it drives me crazy!! !

But don't get me wrong: I do make an effort to make the best of things- I made it through high school and college, had a couple of summer jobs, I have an acquaintance from school that I keep in touch with, etc...

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

No, I'm fine with my existence. I'm deeply unhappy about the environment in which I exist, but that's a problem that can be rectified with time.

DeadpanDan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2010, 6:12 pm

Often.

I mean, each day is an arduous struggle that the other 99% of humanity won't have a single clue of what it's like (until that 10% or so develop dementia), which will always be the same until I die.

I don't do anything, and it feels like work? How does that make sense?

Faidin
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2010, 6:41 pm

sometimes I can get into moods where I feel like everything I do, just isn't worth it - but I just keep my head down and keep going. Then the mood passes :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:10 pm

samuelandrews wrote:
Where would we be if we never existed?

some people say heaven. we come from lesser light and are generally headed towards greater light.

Aspieallien
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Nov 2010, 4:16 am

kat_ross wrote:
I do. I have pretty much felt that way my entire life. I have the distinct memory of writing my mom a letter when i was about 5 or 6. i believe the wording i used was "if this is how things are going to be, i might as well hold my breath until i'm no longer here." (apparently when i was little, i thought you could actually kill yourself by holding your breath). My mom tells me that she has no memory of it whatsoever. So I'm glad that I meant so much to my family :roll:.

Anyway, I have been suicidal on and off, but I don't think that I would actually kill myself. I feel like there's nothing that can undo what's already been done and that bugs me. Maybe I just need my memory wiped. People just don't understand what I mean when I tell them that I have no desire to be a part of society and I would rather I hadn't been brought here-it's not like I asked to be conceived. They think that I will cheer up and change my mind-and it drives me crazy!! !

But don't get me wrong: I do make an effort to make the best of things- I made it through high school and college, had a couple of summer jobs, I have an acquaintance from school that I keep in touch with, etc...

Kat_ross,

I think a lot of us have thought about suicide from time to time I know I have. But I somehow always knew I never would. I think what stopped me was hope. Most of my pain has come from the way I have been treated by the this NT dominated world, not by being who I am. So at times I have really hated myself so much, but this feeling of self dought was based on NT perceptions of me. As I find more people very similar to me I feel less alone and this gives me a sence of hope.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 4:29 am

I don't wish it, but if I had somehow been magically given the option to exist or not, I would have opted for not.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2010, 6:07 am

There are a lot of things I do not like about myself. Attempts have been made to change, but I don't think I know how to change. There is one trait that I do like is my wild imagination. I am capable of making up stories very quickly. Unfortunately I am not very good at writing them. I just make up the basic plot without any fine detail.

This is one of them. I have ability to become invisible when ever I feel the need to disappear. While I am in that state I am able to see how people behave when I am not there. At times I have wondered if I am treated the same way by certain people as they do with others. Or if I am the only one they treat like a 5 year old. It could be a learning experience. I have always wondered if some people act the same way with others and they do with me.

I remember years and years ago I would be talking to people at work then that person would end the conversation with me to talk to someone else. They would say something like "I'm sorry to cut you off so quickly, but there's something I have to say to ------". Now I think that they didn't have anything to say to them it was just an opportunity to have me go away. I does sound kind of paranoid. But if it happens frequently what you think?

irene

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 3:33 pm

I've had moments I regret existing.