Facial recognition and emotional preception test.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

lambrisprime
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

The test is located here:
http://www.testmybrain.org/

I randomly stumbled on this and scored in the 90th percentile on both; which seems odd considering that these are two areas that people with ASD typically struggle with. I haven’t been diagnosed but I have a strong suspicion that I am on the spectrum.

In my case (when dealing with social situations) its not so much a difficulty in understanding what exactly is going on in the conversation but instead I find it difficult to execute the proper response within the time allowed. I certainly don’t intuitively arrive at the correct assessment of the situation, it’s more like sequencing peoples emotes and inferring what it is that people are attempting to put across; it’s a very conscious and taxing process. Doing this usually takes up a considerable amount of mental resource and when it comes time for me to contribute I’m forced to produce something in the split second of free processing that peoples patience would allow. When there are more than two other people in a conversation, I don’t really know what’s going on and just sort of recede back into my own contemplative lair; this sort of takes the pressure off but if called upon I usually feel as though I’m taking a shot in the dark.

Curious how other people do.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 12:02 am

Quote:
Personality
Based on your reponses on our persoanlity questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is extraverted, agreeable, open, conscientious, and somewhat anxious.

Extraverted?!? 8O

Quote:
Mind in the Eyes Test
You correctly identified 24 out of 36 emotions. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 26 out of 36 emotions. Your percentile score was 30, meaning you scored higher than 30% of people who took this test.

Sounds about right.

Quote:
Cambridge Face Memory Test II
You correctly identified 51 out of 72 faces. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 57 out of 72 faces. Your percentile score was 20, meaning you scored higher than 20% of people who took this test.

57 out of 72 on average. This is why police lineups and "6-packs" can be so unreliable.

Thanks for sharing!

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 12:10 am

Based on your reponses on our persoanlity questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is introverted, agreeable, open, conscientious, and relatively calm.

You correctly identified 15 out of 36 emotions. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 26 out of 36 emotions. Your percentile score was less than 1, meaning you scored higher than less than 1% of people who took this test.

You correctly identified 54 out of 72 faces. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 57 out of 72 faces. Your percentile score was 35, meaning you scored higher than 35% of people who took this test.

I'm not sure I agree with being relatively calm since I have performance anxiety and sensory issues.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 12:02 pm

Took the short term memory test. Scored average on number sequences, below average on all others.

Took the word guessing test. Scored way above average.

Took the famous face test. Scored way below average.

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Nov 2010, 11:56 am

Personality: Based on your reponses on our persoanlity questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is introverted, agreeable, open, conscientious, and relatively calm.

You correctly identified 18 out of 36 emotions.
You correctly identified 46 out of 72 faces.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 4:00 pm

Based on your responses on our personality questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is introverted, agreeable, open, conscientious, and relatively calm.

You correctly identified 28 out of 36 emotions.

You correctly identified 65 out of 72 faces.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 5:15 pm

Personality
Based on your reponses on our persoanlity questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is introverted, agreeable, open, conscientious, and relatively calm.

Mind in the Eyes Test
You correctly identified 23 out of 36 emotions.

You correctly identified 50 out of 72 faces.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 5:36 pm

I scored in the 60th percentile in both categories. I wish I were that good at identifying emotions in the real world.

against_the_clock
Raven
Raven

Location: Louisville Kentucky (if you think I don't wear shoes I'll throw them at you)

30 Nov 2010, 6:20 pm

Personality
Based on your reponses on our persoanlity questionnaire, you indicated you are someone who is extraverted, agreeable, open, not very conscientious, and somewhat anxious.

Mind in the Eyes Test
You correctly identified 32 out of 36 emotions. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 26 out of 36 emotions. Your percentile score was 93, meaning you scored higher than 93% of people who took this test.

You correctly identified 49 out of 72 faces. Based on the results we have so far, the average person who takes this test is able to identify 57 out of 72 faces. Your percentile score was 16, meaning you scored higher than 16% of people who took this test.

........ that was unexpected. I think of myself as pretty conscientious, I just get distracted a lot.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:44 am

Having thought about my responses a bit more, I think I actually found it much easier to identify the emotions that the picture wasn't rather than positively identifying the emotions displayed, so that it was more of a process of elimination.