Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sherlock'sPrincess
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2015, 5:31 pm

I can get so stressed sometimes. My self esteem becomes low when I am stressed, and I think negative things about myself.

Any tips on how I can manage this?

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 8:46 pm

Submerge yourself in your favourite piece of music if music is your thing, or your favourite book, if you enjoy reading and pretend that what stressed you out never occurred.

GearGirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2015, 9:05 pm

I agree with progaspie. Listening to music always seems to help me when I am stressed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:14 pm

I also submerge myself into a bunch of music when I'm stressed. Another thing I like to do is go on long walks.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm

I post on forum's and browse the Internet.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm

Practice meditation

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2015, 1:47 am

If you like intense video games, that helps me. I play GTR-2. I play guitar. Anything to distract yourself and make you feel tired.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:22 am

Depends on what's stressing me, how I'm feeling, and what my options are.

Go for a run.
Go for a hike.
Listen to music.
Go hang out with my closest friend.
Go visit my youngest God daughter & her little brother.
Workout.
Meditation.
Reading.
Watch a movie.
Go for a bike ride.
Go kiteboarding.
Go for a drive & listen to music.
Take a long hot shower/bath.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

On the more positive end - I will watch a favorite video or listen to a favorite audio book which I have already experienced many, many times. If this unpredictable world is going to stress me - at least with a favorite audio book or movie video - I can create a brief predicable world.

- Albert Einstein

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 8:34 am

Listen to PelleK because he really helps my stress and anxiety. <3 Sometimes, if I'm really stressed out... I'll watch one of his really funny vids because he's just so fricken adorable. >w< Oh, and I'll also cuddle with my little Sebastian plush that I have actually associated PelleK with for comfort reasons. ^____^

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 10:25 am

I try to remove the source of the stress. If that doesn't work or can't be done, I've found physical exercise good, also just knowing that I'm working on a solution to what's caused it often helps me to feel better. Singing loudly is good too, and playing drums, if it can be done without annoying anybody. I can see how listening to music could work, after all, music is supposed to affect the emotions. I find the effect stronger when I play it rather than just listen to it. I guess any Aspie stimming method might be tried. Most of them seem to involve rhythmical movement.

Pets can help, but a dog can make it worse unless you've really got the time.

Being with somebody I feel safe with really helps.

I noticed that after a scary rollercoaster ride I felt as if all the anxiety had been squeezed out of me, and I was calmer than I'd been for ages, but the effect only lasted an hour or so.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2015, 10:35 am

I agree that physical exercise helps me a lot. Especially if it gets something done in the process. Then you can feel a load off your back from getting something done at the same time too.

I play heavy metal guitar and that helps because it's a way to take out your aggression in a productive way.

And when no one else is around to be annoyed. I sing the stuff I listen to at the top of my lungs. I've heard that going to a cliff and screaming your lungs out helps too. But I don't have access to that.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 8:00 pm

Listen to music you like is best. Also, if you have a bike, you can ride on it for a bit, or you can just go for a walk. Additionally, try to talk to someone you know and trust, and maybe they can help you with whatever kinds of stress your in.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm

Exercise. Even if it's just 20 minutes a day of walking at a brisk pace. I find that I don't get stressed as easily when I exercise daily.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 8:31 pm

Yep...have to get back into my walking, too.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm

I'm struggling with this constantly. Not doing so well lately, but I'll get there.