Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:37 am

i have had this weird thing happen to me when i was younger a lot : people looking at me and laughing. i was reminded of this by the "story telling"thread, because it is related to it by a tiny link. when i tell stories, i'm good at making people laugh. I think it has more to do with the way i move my face than the story i am telling. so for a while i thought i was just a funny story teller, but then i noticed that, sometimes,my friends or my sister would look at me as i was saying nothing and laugh. i asked them what i did that was funny or if they were laughing at me, because i was honestly doing nothing more than standing there listening. they told me through their laughing fit, that no no, they were really sorry and were not laughing at me but, my face was funny.
MY FACE is FUNNY.
i'm a girl, so you can see how puzzling it can be. my sister had it as a young teen, but recently told me she could read all that was happening in my brain as i listened to people , and that she knew the stuff i was trying to work out, all the litteralness was transfered to her and she had to laugh. i know i use my literallness as a sense of humour sometimes, so yes it can be funny.
But just looking at me and telling me my face is funny, i still find that one strange....ever happened to anyone else?? ( i'm pretty sure i'm going to be alone on this thread as my question is extremely strange, and i'm pretty sure most people don't get told that kind of things to their face......)

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 8:49 am

Maybe you will get more replies if you post a picture, then we will be in a position to advise further.

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2010, 1:29 pm

I'm the opposite, I look like an extremely serious guy. I built myself around that image I projected most of my life. And it has been pretty useful.

When I try to be funny I use the contrast between my image and what I say, the same way John Cleese does but in a more "mad scientist" version.

zweisamkeit
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2010, 1:51 pm

my siblings always say that I make funny faces.. as they're funny faces because they're not correct in the situation.
When i hear things, you can tell on my face the way i analyze them. just like you, my siblings read my face and then laugh....
a lot of the time my siblings mistake my face if they're emotional. Let's say they're angry... i always have an "angry face" unless i force a smile.. the blank face i have is my default face... But they forget that I do that... so when they're emotional (or whatever) they'll say, " WHY ARE YOU SO PISSED OFF?" And i'm left baffled.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:01 pm

SuperApsie wrote:
I'm the opposite, I look like an extremely serious guy. I built myself around that image I projected most of my life. And it has been pretty useful.

When I try to be funny I use the contrast between my image and what I say, the same way John Cleese does but in a more "mad scientist" version.

well, for some reason people seem to think any formal speach i use is to be taken at second or third degree because i just don't look like that kind of person. i look very young and foolish ( and blonde....) for my age. so if i speak properly , people laugh. I use this consciously sometimes though, it doesn't bother me much. i guess my face is too funny for me to be using proper french :P

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:04 pm

zweisamkeit wrote:
my siblings always say that I make funny faces.. as they're funny faces because they're not correct in the situation.
When i hear things, you can tell on my face the way i analyze them. just like you, my siblings read my face and then laugh....
a lot of the time my siblings mistake my face if they're emotional. Let's say they're angry... i always have an "angry face" unless i force a smile.. the blank face i have is my default face... But they forget that I do that... so when they're emotional (or whatever) they'll say, " WHY ARE YOU SO PISSED OFF?" And i'm left baffled.

LOL i visited my sister not long ago and after that , she was talking to our mother and said : "i found her a bit cold, she was not very nice tbh"
i had to call her and remind her that i'm always seen as cold by strangers, it's probably her mood towards me that influenced the way she percieved me on that occasion....so basically it was her fault :P