Have you ever had a meltdown on facebook?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

simfish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2010, 3:36 am

And what happened afterwards? Did people defriend you?

blahbla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2010, 4:28 am

how exactly do you have a meltdown on facebook...?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 4:47 am

It was so embarrassing when I did mine and at the same time it was so horrible but it was with an argument that I had with a neighbour of mine and basically she accused me of something that I wasn't doing.

I ended up spamming my wall and argued through it to the point where I just wanted to close down my account.

I did eventually have people that de-friended me but I never really cared so much after that but I did struggle trying to forget about it and I was scared to use facebook for a while.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:34 am

Nope. I just joke around all the time on Facebook.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 8:55 am

I don't really have a meltdown. I have typed a long reply that was ugly, and then just deleted the whole thing without posting and walked away from it.. haha. But, I have a bad habit of always having to have the last word with people. Even on things that are friendly, it takes a lot out of me to just leave it be without saying something like LOL or Thanks or clicking like on the comment or something to give the conversation some closure. It drives some people nuts, especially when they are wrong and they know it and they don't want to admit it and and they just want to pretend they never said it and I just keep going with it...yeah drives them crazy. The only person who has de-friended me over my Aspergers is one guy because I write long comments (haha, I write long comments, really?). I think the biggest problem wasn't that I wrote too much as much as he just couldn't understand what I wrote. It's totally true you have to be within so many IQ points of each other to communicate, and he's like seriously low... Like he can't spell or speak right let alone think beyond that. But he's not right in the head and he was only a friend out of charity to begin with, so it's all good.

Now I do have a couple friends who I think are on the spectrum, and they are sisters, and I see them get into some facebook fights. LOL, but they always make up in the end. Yeah, they definitely keep facebook exciting. Hey, I'm autistic, and I need some mental stimulation at some point. A bunch of LOL's and LMAO's and SMH's are really boring to read. Oh yeah, and then the posts that like... "Whatever." yeah, like that tells me anything. Thanks for making me wonder. Or the ones that are about some celebrity I never heard of, or the tv shows I never watch... Glad you are watching Glee tonight, really, you can't fathom my happiness in knowing that. And then I swear the women who have to type how many loads of laundry they did after cleaning the gutters, feeding 15 kids, doing the grocery shopping and watching their child play some athletic thing, yeah I swear they just do that to make mothers like me who did nothing but facebook and heat up some chef boy r dee for the kids feel guilty.

Oh, and y'all got me thinking about a recent debate with someone on the facebook. I think I'll let you guys vote on which way to go. It's about grammar. Look for it somewhere on the WP. One thing is for sure, you ask a question in this joint, and you are going to get the most correct answer available. I love it. I just hope nobody fails me by ignoring the thread.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 10:12 am

Sometimes. Now that I have an account here, I don't do it on Facebook as much. I just go to the Haven. >.>

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:25 pm

I never had one there. Wait, maybe I did after I was unfairly banned from here so I posted something about it on the wall there. But I don't remember what happened after that. Or was it after I had that unfair warning? I don't remember. Jeez I forgot all about that part until I opened this thread.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:02 pm

As one supervisor I have had once told me, I would say never post anything or send angry mail when either drunk or stinking mad angry.

Always bear in mind that the internet has a very long memory

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

simfish wrote:
And what happened afterwards? Did people defriend you?

That's never happened to me. I don't even go on Facebook!

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:49 pm

I did throw a few insults at people who defriended me unexpectedly. But in some of these cases, the people kinda brought it on themselves. One humilated me infront of some friends badly and then when I told him how hurt I was by what he did he laughed it back in my face. I make one small joke at him and he tried to turn the tables on me claiming to be a victim. I only wished I had been smart enough to remind him of what he did and why he was being such a hypocrite.

My only real meltdown was me writing this rant about how most of the facebook friends I had were technically phonies whom I dont even hang out anymore and that if they were to attend my funeral they would have more criticisms to say about me than positives. Only a few friends gave me responses which surprisingly bore no anger or resentment toward what I said. I'm sure maybe a couple of people did defriend me but I really didnt care. I've actually defriended more people have defriended me without a whole lotta remose. I plan to shut down my Facebook account in the next year or sooner (depends on how much of a threat facebook would pose to be getting a job).

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:05 am

yep...done it a few times...I don't give a hoot...anyone who complains, I get rid of them...honestly, I think you get to see how some whom you thought were your friends were not really your friends...ie. if you post something, expect comments...otherwise, do NOT allow comments...if I comment in a polite way, wether I agree or not, do NOT bash me...if you do, then I can tell you to F off...ie. a friend posted something, I wrote VERY NICELY that I thought the article was actually good...the person insulted me...I was actually nice...heck, I'm still friends with her brother and he saw what she wrote...even HE can't stand her bs...anyway, I got rid of her quickly...

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 7:40 pm

Quote:
I don't really have a meltdown. I have typed a long reply that was ugly, and then just deleted the whole thing without posting and walked away from it.. haha. But, I have a bad habit of always having to have the last word with people. Even on things that are friendly, it takes a lot out of me to just leave it be without saying something like LOL or Thanks or clicking like on the comment or something to give the conversation some closure. It drives some people nuts, especially when they are wrong and they know it and they don't want to admit it and and they just want to pretend they never said it and I just keep going with it...yeah drives them crazy. The only person who has de-friended me over my Aspergers is one guy because I write long comments (haha, I write long comments, really?). I think the biggest problem wasn't that I wrote too much as much as he just couldn't understand what I wrote. It's totally true you have to be within so many IQ points of each other to communicate, and he's like seriously low... Like he can't spell or speak right let alone think beyond that. But he's not right in the head and he was only a friend out of charity to begin with, so it's all good.

I like your long comments. They provide me with tons of detail and explains things in crystal clarity. I wish more people would do that. There are a certain things I do not understand but you've enlightened me to a few things which enlightened my understanding. I appreciate that. There are some people out there in the way they speak. They are so difficult to understand. You, on the other hand, are very easy to understand. I am a very detailed oriented person and those who are not are difficult for me to deal with.

Quote:
Now I do have a couple friends who I think are on the spectrum, and they are sisters, and I see them get into some facebook fights. LOL, but they always make up in the end. Yeah, they definitely keep facebook exciting. Hey, I'm autistic, and I need some mental stimulation at some point. A bunch of LOL's and LMAO's and SMH's are really boring to read. Oh yeah, and then the posts that like... "Whatever." yeah, like that tells me anything. Thanks for making me wonder. Or the ones that are about some celebrity I never heard of, or the tv shows I never watch... Glad you are watching Glee tonight, really, you can't fathom my happiness in knowing that. And then I swear the women who have to type how many loads of laundry they did after cleaning the gutters, feeding 15 kids, doing the grocery shopping and watching their child play some athletic thing, yeah I swear they just do that to make mothers like me who did nothing but facebook and heat up some chef boy r dee for the kids feel guilty.

1. When you mean sisters do you mean they're blood relatives of each other or do you mean that they're best friends. A lot of times the word sister could mean best friend between females and brother could mean best friend between guys.

2. What does SMH mean?

3. I've never understood the point of talking about all of these celebrities. Honestly, what have they produced for society? Why are they so fawned over so much. It seems like we have our values backwards. It seems like if we were to fawn over anyone it should be doctors and teachers. Why do basketball stars make millions while teachers get jack compared to the basketball stars. Something is rotton in the state of demark is what I say.

Quote:
Oh, and y'all got me thinking about a recent debate with someone on the facebook. I think I'll let you guys vote on which way to go. It's about grammar. Look for it somewhere on the WP. One thing is for sure, you ask a question in this joint, and you are going to get the most correct answer available. I love it. I just hope nobody fails me by ignoring the thread.

I love that too. I love being able to obtain acurate answers. I wish I could get some from the NT world. Alas, I guess I don't always get what I want.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 9:51 pm

Yes, but not through words. I was having a meltdown and unfriended about 150 people. /shrug.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 1:05 am

blahbla wrote:
how exactly do you have a meltdown on facebook...?

Exactly what I wondered. I can't use words during meltdowns so it wouldn't work. I guess some people are different than that. Also I never really use Facebook.

Tantybi wrote:
It's totally true you have to be within so many IQ points of each other to communicate, and he's like seriously low... Like he can't spell or speak right let alone think beyond that.

Wow that's never been true for me. I've communicated easily with people 60 points lower and 80+ points higher. Probably because IQ doesn't mean a lot among other reasons. (And I can't talk right either.)

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2010, 1:26 am

well i used to do it on myspace as i had very few real friends, i had lots of blog views as i kept them for months/years for a long time. a few people have told me they read all of my rants/meltdowns and most of the response was they thought it was funny or they thought it was scary and evil. and i loved saying what i wanted without anyone telling me off in a response. however i did burn bridges with some people but at the time, i thought i was right to express myself and didnt care for the supposed consequences of my little online blog. i have ranted on facebook at times but usually in general terms and usually something that isnt directed at anyone. some people have responded randomly at times but they are just fb friends, not everyday lets get together friends, so i dont really care if they like it or not. but when i do rant in a depressing or angry mood at times and get no response, then i just defriend people randomly for no reason whatsoever.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2010, 2:41 am

I wouldn't call it a meltdown, but I do rant a little when I'm going through a moodswing. I don't do crazy sh*t like spamming walls or things that get you banned from there.