Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 1:25 pm

I am filing for Disability Working Allowance. My work place gave referred me to a benefits adviser, I will be seeing him again on Monday with the form I got through the post today.

I have no problems about getting these benefits; any more money has to be help. Don’t get me wrong I don’t car about the money but woman tend to like money and material things, so that means I must get the money.

There is section Part4 “What is the nature of your illness or disability” I will simply put Aspergers Syndrome , social disability and a few other weakness that aspies generally have; I have not chosen what that is yet, do you have any ideas.

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2006, 1:46 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
I am filing for Disability Working Allowance. My work place gave referred me to a benefits adviser, I will be seeing him again on Monday with the form I got through the post today.

I have no problems about getting these benefits; any more money has to be help. Don’t get me wrong I don’t car about the money but woman tend to like money and material things, so that means I must get the money.

8O
Wtf is with this place?

Prostitutes care about money. Use the money to take care of yourself.. once you make yourself the priority instead of 'getting' women other things should fall into place.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2006, 2:56 pm

im going to voice my opinion.

i dont think aspergers syndrome is a disabiliity that stops one from working or getting a good wage. its a social disability that may afect how well you ers syndrome get on with your colleagues but it shouldent stop you from working.. its not a physical disability!

it did take me a while to get a job though because i had problems filling in application forms. but once i had some help to do these i had a job within 2 weeks after it. i dont expect to sponge off my country for having aspergers!

the only way i sponge a little is that i have a bus pass that i can use the buses for free. but this is because of my eyesight not aspergers!

get up off your bum and get a job instead of expecting everybody else to support you.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 3:06 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

There is section Part4 “What is the nature of your illness or disability” I will simply put Aspergers Syndrome , social disability and a few other weakness that aspies generally have; I have not chosen what that is yet, do you have any ideas.

What the hell is the matter with you? Autism is not a disability. I thought I had met some lazy people, but you are the reason that republicans claim that some people are welfare queens. I truly hope that they tell you to get your stupid ass the hell out of there. Anyone who helps you along with this in any way should stay in the gutter where they belong. I am also going to ask moderators that you be banned for your negative and heartless view of autism.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 3:06 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

What the hell is the matter with you? Autism is not a disability. I thought I had met some lazy people, but you are the reason that republicans claim that some people are welfare queens. I truly hope that they tell you to get your stupid ass the hell out of there. Anyone who helps you along with this in any way should stay in the gutter where they belong. I am also going to ask moderators that you be banned for your negative and heartless view of autism.

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2006, 4:01 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
What the hell is the matter with you? Autism is not a disability.

Tell that to my adult non-verbal, dependent severly autistic brother. He only has a handful of signs and has the maturity of a three yo. There are no doubt several hundred types of autism.. you cannot judge his capabilities by the one label.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 5:26 pm

riley wrote:
subatai_baadur wrote:
What the hell is the matter with you? Autism is not a disability.

Tell that to my adult non-verbal, dependent severly autistic brother. He only has a handful of signs and has the maturity of a three yo. There are no doubt several hundred types of autism.. you cannot judge his capabilities by the one label.

He is smart enough to fill out a file and brag about his stupidity and laziness on an internet forum, which also means that he is capable of typing. And Autism is not a disability, but a condition. Possibly a disorder. But disability it is not. I feel sorry for those that have been hurt by autism, but I also feel for those hurt my normalcy. There are a lot more cases of the latter.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 5:38 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:

i think you're being a bit hasty and judgemental, you don't really know how he is affected by it. and he is trying to claim disability working allowance, which means he is working, so i don't see how you could claim laziness?

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2006, 5:54 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
He is smart enough to fill out a file and brag about his stupidity and laziness on an internet forum, which also means that he is capable of typing.

I have no idea what abilities his job requires. Neither do you.
Quote:
And Autism is not a disability, but a condition. Possibly a disorder. But disability it is not.

It depends on the individual. There are many kinds of autism.. some disable individuals in some way. My brother has a diagnosis for his disabilty.. it is called SEVERE AUTISM. Do not contradict me.. I know what he has an it certainly is more than a 'condition'. He is DIS-ABLED. He has is not able to talk. This is a symptom of his autism. Other people may be unable to read body language.. unable. I hope I have explained this suffiently.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2006, 6:27 pm

"What the hell is the matter with you? Autism is not a disability. I thought I had met some lazy people, but you are the reason that republicans claim that some people are welfare queens. I truly hope that they tell you to get your stupid ass the hell out of there. Anyone who helps you along with this in any way should stay in the gutter where they belong. I am also going to ask moderators that you be banned for your negative and heartless view of autism."

Wait a minute, he is filing for Disability Working Allowance, not for welfare. Perhaps learning to comprehend words typed on a page instead of jumping down other peoples' throats would do you some good for one thing.

As other people have said, a very mild case of AS/Autism may not qualify as a disability....the person may never even know anything is wrong, they may just be a bit "quirky". However, AS/Autism IS A SPECTRUM, meaning some people have it a lot worse than others. Tell the parents of the autistic child who is mentally ret*d, never spoken a word in his life and can't take care of himself that their child isn't disabled, and that they belong in the gutter for helping him along, and see what kind of response you get. I'm not saying that is the case here, but the fact that you would even make the statement that autism is not a disability shows how truly uninformed you are, which is sad considering you are posting on wrongplanet.

Many people with AS have it so bad they will always work crappy jobs (think Wal-Mart) and will be unable to fully support themselves. While I don't agree with his reasoning for filling out the disability form, I think YOU are the one who should be banned for your heartless and insensitive comments, which not only offended the original poster, but numerous others on this thread. In-fact, why don't you do everyone a favour and leave on your own accord.

Sorry, had to get that out, people like this guy piss me off.

"I am filing for Disability Working Allowance. My work place gave referred me to a benefits adviser, I will be seeing him again on Monday with the form I got through the post today.

There is section Part4 “What is the nature of your illness or disability” I will simply put Aspergers Syndrome , social disability and a few other weakness that aspies generally have; I have not chosen what that is yet, do you have any ideas."

While I am glad you are seeking assistance, you are doing so for the wrong reasons, and I cannot support you for asking for disability allowance just do you can have spending money and material things to woo girls. Sorry, I don't find that deserving of disability coverage and I can't help you out.

If you came on here and said you could not get employment that gave you enough money to properly feed and clothe youself, I would no doubt give you a hand, but your reasoning for seeking the allowance really is sleazy.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Jun 2006, 6:29 pm

Please delete all my posts.

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 29 Jun 2006, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 8:23 pm

How am I possibly being attacked for this? He applied for the job in the first place, so now he can't do it? I don't get any of this. I see someone trying to get out of work by using the Autism as an excuse, which I do not like. Now stop jumping on my semantical issues and explain to me exactly how this guy is being let off here. I find this completely unexcuseable and abhorant.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2006, 9:33 pm

Ummm, you do know what Disability Working Allowance is, don't you? I suggest doing a quick Google search, it will only take you a few seconds and you'll realize why you're being attacked pretty quickly.

It is for people that are STILL WORKING (so no he is not trying to get out of work, cause if he did, he wouldn't even qualify for Disability Working Allowance, hence the word WORKING in the name), but cannot afford to live properly (ie. feed themselves, clothe themselves).

Perhaps doing a little research BEFORE jumping down other peoples' throats wouldn't lead to this problem in the future.

Also, you saying Autism is not a disability didn't really help matters much, and kind of angered a few people who know autistic people that can't even talk or read, and therefore ARE disabled.

Keep diggin' though.

And to clarify, I completely disagree with the original poster's reasons for applying for this.

And to further clarify, I wasn't being completely serious when I said to leave, my point was, was that I viewed your post as far worse than his, so in my opinion, it should have been you banned as opposed to him. I don't think either of you should be banned, I think you should both just smarten up.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2006, 10:35 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

I live in Canada and Aspie Chav is in England. Although I am not at all familiar with British benefits terminology even I understood Aspie Chav's post to mean that there is some government program to supplement his wage based on disability.

I also understand that he sees the money as useful not only to increase his income but also so that he can have a bit of a life outside of struggling to pay food and shelter.

I hope Aspie Chav goes out and has a bloody good time to take his mind off his troubles. The last time I checked people on disability are allowed to have a little fun. We're even allowed to have sex and reproduce.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2006, 10:44 pm

Sorry, if that is indeed what Aspie_Chav meant, then I take back what I said. I understood his original post to mean that he wanted the extra spending money just so he could show off his wads of cash, take girls out, and get laid. I think he could have phrased his original post a little better, because a lot of us misinterpreted what he was saying. My mom used to be on disability, so I fully understand someone on disability wanting to have a life...

Of course I misinterpret a lot of things. Sorry for my comments Aspie_Chav

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2006, 4:46 am

Since being diagnosed with HFA, I have been on the DSP (Disability Support Pension). I used to work. I feel ashamed sometimes for claming off the government when there are people worse off than me.
When I worked, I was very gullible. If someone told me to do any type of work, I would do it. Anyone could boss me around. I used to do the weekend grower's job at a mushroom farm as well as my work during the week as a forklift driver. It was a difficult job for me, both physically and mentally. I liked it because I was on my own a lot of the time. Thing is, I kept getting trouble and warnings for taking too long. I couldn't work it out, I was trying my absolute best. A little bit of investigating and I discovered that everyone who were also doing the weekend job were taking shortcuts. A lot of shortcuts. The head grower, the one who was giving me the warnings (both written and verbal), was making the worst mistakes and blaming them on me. Her shortcuts were unbelievable.
I took my complaint about this to her boss and virtually got laughed out of the office. It certainly didn't help that I couldn't explain anything properly. The boss said that he couldn't make sense of anything I was saying...
I was part of the safety commitee in the department where I was doing my work during the week (this is all the same workplace, by the way). I didn't ask for this position, I was put there without being asked.
I soon learnt that there were some safety procedures that some people followed, and others didn't. I thought this was unfair and said so. I wasn't listened to. Everyone was content the way things were and didn't want things stirred up.
Eventually I was told to leave.
Yeah, I know everyone has trouble at work, but I know I could have handled things better. I just wish I knew how.
Disabilities are not all psysical or mental. Sometimes they are developmental. I have been told to leave from other workplaces because I was not a "people person" and not "socially oriented".
Now, I am studying for a job I would really like in the future, in the field of my interest. I just hope that the work issues that have plagued me in the past will not happen again.