Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Jun 2006, 12:48 pm

Please post here if you're an actor/actresses or want to be one!! Do you want to be on TV or movies?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 1:19 pm

I can make up voices, personas and all that nonsense. What exactly do you want?

Some guy claiming to be from Hollywood was searching for people with a form of autism to act. He talked to me via instant messenger. I didn’t believe the crock.

I’d make a great bad guy, to take over the world with some cheese.

OR the good guy, who has some good farting scenes.

What the heck is all this about, is it false?

The bottom line is when cutting the cheese, it needs a good base quality, otherwise it lacks impression indipendently of it's self.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 1:47 pm

I've done about fifteen plays, do at least one every year, plus a few crappy short experimental films that will never leave my house, heh...I love acting. However, I can't stand make up being anywhere near my face, so I'm not sure I'd want to be on TV or in movies, because so many roles would require that.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 1:50 pm

Stupid funny is funny, sort of like Adam Sandler, Robbin Williams, Jim Carry and that Forest Gump guy.

IF most of them were in one movie, I'd consider, otherwise it seems like a waste.

Edit: I forgot about the Nutty Professor guy, now thats some jolly farting action scenes.

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2006, 2:30 pm

hi, yes i'm good with my voice, can dance rather originally and see myself as a bit of a chameleon peter sellers style...bring it on!!

[email protected]

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 3:35 pm

I'd be interested. Would I get paid?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 3:37 pm

I have a skill of making weird faces and odd noises.

klassobanieras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2006, 4:07 pm

Does 31 years experience of doing an NT impersonation count?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 4:14 pm

I do Austin Powers, very well, Baby. :P

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 4:15 pm

Little me Little Me

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Jun 2006, 4:27 pm

This question was asked because of a new WrongPlanet initative called Casting@WrongPlanet to increase the supply of autistic actors in hollywood (which is currently very low). The casting people are able to get virtually anyone they want with the exception of people with Asperger's since the syndrome is so new.

I know some hollywood people (who have close ties to the very casting directors who are specifically looking for actors with asperger's syndrome and autism) and I'm collecting headshots and optionally resumes so when when they ask for actors with autism or asperger's syndrome I can give these casting agents your info so they can call you in for an audition.

If you've ever wanted to be an actor and thought "oh those people are just lucky and I have more of a chance of being abducted by aliens" you might want to rethink your previous assumptions because you now have a way to get your foot in the door. Once your foot is in the door, you have just as much an opportunity to make it big as anyone else does.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN ACTOR TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY!

Please send your headshot, contact info, and optionally your resume, via email to:

[email protected]

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 4:37 pm

For myself, I do not think I would be interested as it would require travel, I have no idea what I am doing, I'd get lost. Also there is the cost of travel, lodging and whatever else.

Failing an audition would be like criticism, I'd not except it to well.

I think it would be better if there were movies with just A.S people in them, for instance trying to take over the world, then working with all the commotions of Hollywood.

Also I'd suspect that sets would have loud noises, temperamental persons and the lack of enthusiasms to change a script with my ideas.

Primarily my only goal to do such a thing is not the fame, but the ladies. Hooyaaa

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Jun 2006, 5:05 pm

sc wrote:
For myself, I do not think I would be interested as it would require travel, I have no idea what I am doing, I'd get lost. Also there is the cost of travel, lodging and whatever else.

They pay for that and they give u a per diem stipend.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm

What do you think Alex, should I try? I'd need to bring someone with me, sort of like a guide. Once I know a place then everything is fine.

However I do not invest any thought into this coming true, seems like a sweepstakes on a cereal box.

I’m sure that Hollywood appreciates a good fart now and then, some of the best scenes have been where movie theaters burst into laughter just becuase of a fart. Perhaps they might need a strategic farting analysis, to attempt to measure the laughter qualities in result for a scene.

With the proper facial expressions, the most embarrassing place to pass wind and some other factors they can be extraordinarily entertaining.

Not that I am trying to go on and on about farting and it's not that I am obssessed with it.

Just come on, if this is true, then I would just want to go to see if it was. I have no inclination that my behaviors would be appreciated.

I might do well in a revenge of the nerds movie! Yeeee

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 6:01 pm

Hmmm I'm one of them if the chance were to come along I wouldn't spit in its face. I don't think I can act though, I'd love to do some modelling one day though, but its getting the confidence injection to do it (and the time of work to audition).

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2006, 6:47 pm

Hmm. I'll consider it...thanks Alex, this is an interesting idea.