Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2010, 3:31 pm

How's your Christmas been? Mine's been boring but easy so I've not had to test any social skills. There's been no incredible noises to deal with except my brother who's always noisy. Got everything I asked for and had good food but mostly down key really.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 3:47 pm

My youngest is upset. His special interest usually include Legos, and video games...especially video games about Lego's. You should have heard his whining up and down today. He sees no value in a Christmas card saying Merry Christmas, and twenty dollars. This year I thought I'd give him the freedom to buy what he likes....Lego's. But he doesn't seem to click that he can buy with that twenty dollars...Legos. My mom got him a Lego game, which he seems more interested in then the twenty dollars.

My middle brother is dawdling somewhere. And he is begging to hang outside in the cold.

I'm a bit here and there, kind of tired.

And all its just a normal day though.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2010, 4:27 pm

I used to be lego mad when I was a kid as well. I like the old style lego though not the new kind with custom parts. I don' t know what the difference is but have always understood the purpose of money and value. Perhaps it's an ADHD element to his condition which is making the wait between having money and waiting to receive something difficult?

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

Adamantus wrote:
I used to be lego mad when I was a kid as well. I like the old style lego though not the new kind with custom parts. I don' t know what the difference is but have always understood the purpose of money and value. Perhaps it's an ADHD element to his condition which is making the wait between having money and waiting to receive something difficult?

Most likely. He's um...fourteen.

But the best way I can explain it is he's a very quiet Rain Man.

Because he doesn't have an Asperger's to his autism. Well he might. But he's very high functioning.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:11 pm

Quote:
How's your Christmas been?

Just like any other day except the food is better and alot of my relatives are around. Most of my relatives around here are pretty nice, so I have no problem with that.

Beyond that....the day is utterly meaningless to me in terms of any qualities it's supposed to have over all other days.

*shrugs*

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:34 pm

I've had as good of a Christmas as I can have, in 2010 as a Kinks Fan. It's the 6th Month Anniversary of a misfortune that put me on a level playing field with the Beatles Fans in my life. RIP, Pete.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:35 pm

I didn't cry today! I was afraid that I would cry. :)

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Kind of with you on the significance of the day in terms of the devine purpose of the universe. I think NTs would think it was a bit miserable but I always wonder if you could somehow boycott the religious aspect completely and just do it 10 days earlier. That way you could express that you do christmas in a non-religious way. Then you could start to phase out some of the practices until it's just a decent dinner.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:49 pm

Keep the tree. Donate instead of exchanging gifts. Have a choice between Christmas music and rock n roll. Put a cross where everyone can see it. Keep snowman ornaments out all winter. Those would be my adjustments. My niece should get all the presents and the rest of the money should be donated to the food bank. Let's not forget about what Christmas is really about.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 6:07 pm

Sincere Christians didn't need the holiday to be gracious, voluntarily, and without overwhelming me.

floating
Raven
Raven

25 Dec 2010, 6:08 pm

Well my christmas was quite good really. I felt like I've finally worked out how to deal with christmas - what's expected of me, how to buy the right presents etc. It was interesting to observe my dad though and to see all his autistic/aspergers qualities or social awkwardness. I felt sorry for him because everyone sort of pays him out and I was just thinking how similar we are - only I tend to keep quiet to avoid saying the wrong thing whereas he just embarasses himself. He's hopeless at picking presents and just gets it all wrong and I'm surprised that I've worked out how to get around this problem and he hasn't yet - like i know that the thing to do is to ask people what they want or get them a voucher or like get something that doesn't include sizes etc. Everyone was paying him out saying how he'll either get something really overly generous or something really useless or nothing at all and I was just thinking how I can understand where that behaviour comes from because its sort of a matter of how together you are at the time or just misjudgement etc.

Anyway, it's kind of made me realise how good it is that I'm aware of my tendencies so that I can learn to fit in, be 'nice' and not offend people as much as possible.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 7:36 pm

Great so far! :D

Merry Christmas!

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic