Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Did your performance on this working memory test quickly improve?
I credit the improvement (greater than 20%) to a sensory adaptation beyond visualization. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
I credit the improvement to motivation from seeing my low score; this increased my focus. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I credit the improvement to adaptation and an increase in focus. 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
I don't know why I improved so much. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I did great the first time I tried the test (80% and above). 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
I scored below 40% and could not improve the score more than 20%. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:06 pm

I tried this short term working memory test and found that I scored one of the lowest percentage scores on the results page. Please try the test. You can keep taking the test and and see how you progress within about 10 minutes.

Note: You do not have to register to participate. Just start the test and and when the "results available now option" becomes available click on it. You can then continue as an anonymous participant and see your results. Continue your attempts at the test (about 30 seconds each try) and see how you progress within about 10 minutes.

http://cognitivefun.net/test/4

When I first started the test I found my mind wandering and it was extremely difficult to keep track of the pictures.

When I saw how low my results were, I felt motivated to do better.

I quickly adapted and found an additional way to improve my performance beyond the visualization process. When the adaptation started working, I noticed myself going into laser focus mode. My score quickly (within 10 minutes from the first attempt) went to one of the highest scores.

I wonder how many of you were able to quickly improve your performance.
If so, did you find an adaptation beyond the visualization process, to improve your score; did you find that you went into laser focus mode. I'm pretty sure most of you have experienced laser focus, but if you are not sure what it is, my description of it is when you become extremely interested and motivated to do something and you go into a kind of trance or flow where nothing else exists, but what you are focusing on accomplishing.

The adaptation in school that I used, was constantly taking notes. I rarely referred back to them, but it helped me to maintain my focus and retain the information.

Last edited by aghogday on 09 Dec 2010, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:13 pm

80% on first try. Just kept telling myself "If the next one is [fill in blank] then click" filling in the blank with whatever the previous shape was. Change the blank each time the image changes.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:28 pm

I did not improve - 66% in the first try, 53% in the second

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:34 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
80% on first try. Just kept telling myself "If the next one is [fill in blank] then click" filling in the blank with whatever the previous shape was. Change the blank each time the image changes.

I was also what I did; however, when I recognized a repeated figure and clicked, I forgeted the sequence (the, if two figure, one after another, were repeated, I missed the 2nd).

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:40 pm

TPE2 wrote:
I did not improve - 66% in the first try, 53% in the second

I scored in the 30's the first couple of times. I started to say the names of the pictures out loud, and moved into the 80's after 2 or 3 more tries.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:56 pm

I scored over 80%, but it's pictures and I'm a visual thinker. I wonder how I'd score if it were words, numbers, or sounds. I know I can't remember people's names 2 minutes after they tell me. :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 6:57 pm

I gave it a quick whizz

80.00%
871.73 ms average time

Might try again in the morning when I'm a bit fresher.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 7:41 pm

Wow I'm the only one who started really low and couldn't improve my score much? I started at 25%. My best score was 33.33%. And I didn't steadily go upward, I went both up and down. That thing was really frustrating (well, intellectually frustrating, emotionally I didn't really get worked up about it). It wasn't that my mind wandered, I just couldn't hold the pictures in my head and simultaneously look at other pictures very well.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 8:06 pm

I went for it the way I usually do things; intuitively. When I started trying to think about doing it, that's where I dropped the 20%.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 8:10 pm

I watched the example and was confused, tried it and was even more confused, and then clicked to get my results and couldn't even figure out what my score was, so I'll just assume I failed.

markko
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2010, 8:20 pm

I got 80% the first time and 85% the second time. I'm a visual and hands-on learner. I can't learn crap by strictly reading.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 9:24 pm

it took me three goes to actually understand what i was doing, despite the demonstration. it went 35%, 30%, 60%. not exactly ten minutes but i knew i'd cracked it after the third go. Funnily enough it was the 30% score that made me really want to concentrate hard and get things right

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

I got 60%, it was kind of hard for me.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 10:30 pm

I got 86.67% - I'm tired, so I didn't keep trying after that...

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 12:52 am

Where does it tell you your score?

NOT A DOCTOR

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 1:40 am

After you click continue anonymously your score is the first won on the list of others who have taking the test. Most of them do it anonymously instead of registering a name.