Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 3:55 pm

Can anyone relate strongly to the one word - alertness?

Alertness (alert) is often associated with the idea of waking up from a night's sleep for a new day and being alert enough to pay attention at work or at school.

Anyone tend to feel that they are often slightly unalert vs fully alert - even after a good night's sleep?

Experiences?

Words: Awake, asleep, wake - sleep cycles, etc.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 3:58 pm

Huh?

What?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 4:10 pm

When I am not stimulated enough my mind goes in Stand-by mode, getting less alert.
I am more alert when stuff happens that is challenging or interesting for me.

ADHDorASDorBoth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2011, 4:20 pm

Dare I say, wuh???????? wha??

Wallardes, it is interesting what you write.......

Amongst other things, i call myself a speed-step processor.......although I suppose its now coolnquiet or some other sciencybabble term.

Also, could say that I could just hang in a wardrobe and wait for my limited friends' supply to fish me out when they are feeling guilty or remember me........

amusedviews
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2011, 4:34 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
When I am not stimulated enough my mind goes in Stand-by mode, getting less alert.
I am more alert when stuff happens that is challenging or interesting for me.

Me too. I actually start to fall asleep if I don't find what we are talking about interesting.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 4:35 pm

ADHDorASDorBoth wrote:
Dare I say, wuh???????? wha??

Wallardes, it is interesting what you write.......

Amongst other things, i call myself a speed-step processor.......although I suppose its now coolnquiet or some other sciencybabble term.

Also, could say that I could just hang in a wardrobe and wait for my limited friends' supply to fish me out when they are feeling guilty or remember me........

Most of the time I need to run in stand-by mode because when I start talking on full throttle I am going to lose most people in conversation, luckely most auties can follow it :).

Interesting subject make me rattle a monolog in no-time too.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 4:37 pm

When I wake up I'm a lot more alert than most other people I know. As soon as I wake up I'm very alert, even if I'm not well rested after poor or short sleep. My mind becomes alert instantly.

Even when waking up at a hospital after a surgery, I apparently had a lot more alertness than the nurses there had ever seen before from someone waking up from anaesthesia.

I used to have a lot of trouble understanding how other people could have so much difficulty waking up and gaining alertness. Being unalerted, sleepy, grumpy, clouded thoughts and need for coffee or something to wake them up properly... that was a very alien concept to me, and still is to some extent. I've only experienced it a few times in my entire life to feel unalerted in the morning, and never as badly or for as long as a lot of people seem to be every morning.