I was so angry today I forgot I had social anxiety

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:52 pm

Today when I went to go for blood work I ran into the largest mob of people I have ever encountered at that blood diagnosis place. The workers were swamped and taking the easiest diagnosis first to move the people out quicker I kept geting bumped down the list only because I was getting blood work for kidney disease, cholesteral, diabetes, and other sundry exams. I got there and waited 45 minutes before they saw me but durring that 45 minutes I was quite the chatterbox with the other patients waiting to get work done. I think it was a combination of hunger from my fasting and the anger for seeing people getting seen to before me when I got there first and had an apointment. I was making fun of the people who were aggravating the workers there pretty much making the people waiting around me laugh their asses off. I was sort of hoping me being mean to people would get me seen sooner to get me out of there quicker. (It has worked at other places. :P ) It was not until I was getting my blood drawn that I relized I was talking to strangers without the uneasy feeling I normally get. My eye contact sucked though but I still got a lot a laughs. My brother says I get away with a lot of stuff I say because I am so big and weird looking. :P

Has anyone else ever had a sudden burst of socialability? :?

OddballBen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2011, 11:22 pm

I'm almost jealous that you had to get bloodwork, because of that moment of anxiety free socialization.

People have commented that I'm a lot more sociable whenever I eat sugar... go figure.

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:32 pm

Shared frustration is the best icebreaker there is - no need to guess at what everyone else is thinking! :D

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

I have sudden bursts of sociability, and I wish I had them a lot more often. I started having them more when I stopped giving a s**t about fitting in to society. This bothers a lot of people, but they need to get laid.

daedal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2011, 2:33 am

Yes. Not that I wasn't 'weird' in the process, but there are times that I have felt completely at ease in a group. This isn't often though.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 2:42 am

Occasionally when I'm tired or stressed, or after a long period of working hard, my social anxiety decreases. I feel less inhibited and don't worry so much about being "correct" or seeming normal. It never lasts, though.