Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2011, 4:13 am

I've been following a pattern in my body just lately, in that over the summer, I generally have no energy. It's hot, I feel fatigued. I'm not motivated to exercise because I have no energy.

During winter, I feel much more alive. Much more able to exercise and overall, just "do stuff" etc.

Anyone else feel this too? How do you combat it? I feel so lazy over summer.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 6:19 am

Yea, I've been wondering if something's wrong with me cause I have no energy or if the virus I had over Christmas has caused it, but it's probably the heat. I'm combatting it right now with two fans pointed straight at me. I'm gonna buy some darker sunglasses that wrap around to cut the glare n see if that helps.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 Jan 2011, 6:25 am

Heat kills my energy, and I do my best to sleep all day. Winter's so much easier to cope with.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 1:11 pm

Yes, I feel a lot less energetic over the summer than during the winter. The heat and the sunshine wear me out and cause me to feel sleepy and out of energy a lot.

I lived in a warmer climate for a few years and experienced this to an ever bigger extent than I do in my hometown. Now, whenever I got somewhere warmer than where I live, the same thing repeats itself. I just can't deal with much heat or strong sunlight.

I hate how most people assume that everyone should be energetic and active during the summer and especially on sunny days. I feel so tired and sleepy and even unwell and I like to take a nap during the brightest, hottest time of the day, but people always have to bug me about how I should rather go outside and do something and get some sun, claiming that will do me good. This is a pet peeve of mine. If people like this weather so much, I won't stop them from going out and enjoying it themselves, but I wish they'd leave me alone about it and not assume I should do the same. :?

Then the same people think I'm nuts when I go for long walks when the rain is pouring down or in winter when it's dark and chilly. Again I'm the alien and other people have a perfect excuse to be tired and lazy inside their homes without anyone trying to make them feel guilty about it or pressuring them into not listening to their own body clock.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Jan 2011, 2:49 pm

ponies, omg you love winter! listen summer is a real drag. I'm already dreading it and its like 5 months away :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:30 pm

As I get older I notice this more. I'm glad I got to endure life with no airconditioning and not much heat when I was younger rather than older.

I remember turning the pillow over and over enjoying the slight coolness on the other side of the pillow at night when I was a child. When we got airconditioning in the house and the car it was like a dream come true.

Interesting how our body types can affect this. Some of our ancestors adapted to colder climates for thousands of years, the result being bodies that retain more heat. Some of our ancestors adapted to hot climates for thousands of years, the result being bodies that dissipate more heat. In the modern world we are transplanted all over the place, sometimes in the opposite climate that we are adapted for.

In general the more physically fit we are the better we adapt to environmental conditions. If we stay indoors most of the time we do not get acclimatized to the weather the way that we would if we were out in it more.

But on the other hand, heat and cold are stressful to our physiology, so it's hard to put ourselves under stress when we have the choice to stay inside and avoid it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

thats one scary looking avatar. my goodness :pig:

thats exactley how i feel summer is thinking about me. :!: