Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 3:43 pm

Mom just got mad at me since she saw the thermostat was 78 I said ya (as if I turned it up which I never touch it) then she said I could pay the electric bill!! ! I should have turned it down to 76!,and so on. I feel awful!! !! NT'S expect you to know these things magically! I'm supposed to think Oh we don't want a high electric bill, I'll turn down the heat. :-( I did feel the hot vent but the thought never once crossed my mind to turn it down. I sometimes hate how NT's think!! !! :-(

Last edited by zeldapsychology on 11 Feb 2011, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 4:00 pm

I did something similar just this morning. It is not so much the way they think - a lot of experience shows thay can be just as oblivious in turn. It is the attitude when that happens. My wife knows me. she knows she does similar things, though she isz more tuned in to trhis kind than I am. So she rolls the eyes, laughs.

Your postings repeatedly suggest your family does not have a lot of patience or tolerance- there are people who get on my nerves bewfore thyey do anything, people on whose nerves I get the same way.

There is not much you can do to change that besides working to avoid snapping yourself. Hang on - time will pass, doors will open.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 6:18 pm

You Floridians are amazing. I used to live there and hated it. I keep my thermostat at a toasty 62 :)

Last edited by MidlifeAspie on 12 Feb 2011, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:24 am

mine never changes from 70, and in the summer i have the AC at 68, i dislike Florida.

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:46 am

I accidentally killed my kitten because I can't put two and two together...

If there is something leaning on one side of the garage and your kitty is eating on the other side, don't raise the garage door, so two heavy dry wall peices will fall on her head.

R.I.P. Her Majesty, I'm so sorry.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 2:37 am

I don't change the thermostat unless the temperature is bothering me. If I see that it's set at a temperature that's oddly high, I will assume it's that way on purpose and I won't change it unless the house is too warm. I've been told I have a problem taking initiative, and I suppose this is an example of that.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 2:49 am

Your mother would have done that to you NT or not. It has nothing to do with NT thinking, it's called griping and blaming others when it isn't warranted.

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 3:04 am

Cicely wrote:
I don't change the thermostat unless the temperature is bothering me. If I see that it's set at a temperature that's oddly high, I will assume it's that way on purpose and I won't change it unless the house is too warm. I've been told I have a problem taking initiative, and I suppose this is an example of that.

I love taking initiative. I can take initiative when nobody else can. except people often don't want me to take initiative unless it is directly helping them. My sister leaves her icecream bowl on the floor and the cat is licking it. I tell her to move it and she says she will later, this is when the cat is currently licking it and she is sitting on the couch right next to the bowl. Or I will ask her why she hasn't emptied the dishwasher when my mother says it is her job, and it has been clean for 2 days and she still hasn't emptied it. Even though dirty dishes are piling up and driving me crazy.

To the OP. You should turn the furnace off and buy your mother a blanket. (kind of a joke. you save money and can still be warm, though this is not what she has in mind.)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 3:12 am

buryuntime wrote:
Your mother would have done that to you NT or not. It has nothing to do with NT thinking, it's called griping and blaming others when it isn't warranted.

This.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

Its florida woman! Why in the world do you have the HEAT up?

Enjoy the cool, cold days.. in a few weeks you'll be sweating from places you don't want to remember you had :D :D

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

Dantac wrote:
Its florida woman! Why in the world do you have the HEAT up?

Enjoy the cool, cold days.. in a few weeks you'll be sweating from places you don't want to remember you had :D :D

Whats this?? A third arm!?!?