Why do girls with autism love the Powerpuff Girls?

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 5:18 pm

adoylelb90815 wrote:
I was in high school at least when Powerpuff Girls came out, so I wasn't into cartoons much at that age.

My obsession for cartoons never abated. But, I do prefer the classics from the beginning of animation up until about the 60's when they stopped making shorts for movies.

Newer stuff has to appeal to something different. So, from the 60'd onward it's punctuated by certain cartoons and animation.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

is there that much of a connection?

i REALLY liked it when i was 2 and even until i was about 5 or 6, maybe longer, but i remember being more obsessed with Tarzan, stacking objects and my snail toy at the same time than i was the power puff girls.

i find theres a big connection with autism and Sonic, My Little Pony and even Five Nights at Freddys.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

curiouscat1993
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Nov 2015, 3:38 pm

Anyone autistic or not can love that show, I was mostly obsessed with Pokemon though

The Powerpuff Girls

12 Feb 2017, 3:32 am

I am so much like Bubbles, I think.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 5:14 am

My NT cousin loved the Power Puff Girls when she was aged between 6 and 9.

I have read in many places that it is normal for small kids to be crazy over a particular cartoon.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 5:16 am

The Powerpuff Girls wrote:
I am so much like Bubbles, I think.

I am just curious why?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 5:19 am

.. I have little media-related interest or obsession. :|

I could be a fan of a genre, but not a fan of anything specific with a name or title.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2017, 8:30 am

I didn't really notice a trend of autistic girls in particular liking the Powerpuff Girls. I think it's a thing quite a few girls in general liked.
I used to love it when I was little, because I liked the cute designs of the triplets, were but I also loved how, despite the main protagonists being girls, the show wasn't 'girly' or patronising unlike some other shows with female protagonists. It had its fair share of action and clever comedy. I used to have the dolls as well. (*^^*)
Even now I think the original series (not the 2016 reboot - pure sacrilege) is one of the better shows of Cartoon Network. I like how it parodies common superhero tropes, and doesn't aim at one audience in particular - it offers something for both kids and adults to enjoy.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 8:35 am

I liked it well enough, and though I've never been the manliest, I'm still not a girl...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 8:50 am

Its a stupid meaningless question because the OP cites no data that supports her contention that the show was more popular among autistic girls than it was among non autistic girls.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:57 am

Never liked Power-puff Girls.

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2017, 9:43 pm

well since many of us men and woman, still like cartoons even after adults, is not hard to imagine why they like it.

Special Interest: memes

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:54 pm

A few years ago (and even now) I was into Avatar and RWBY. I've never been into the Powerpuff Girls, but I'm a guy. Even with girls that I suspect are autistic, I don't know any who like the Powerpuff Girls. I think the 2016 reboot gives it a bad name.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 10:17 am

I was way too old for the Powerpuff Girls and probably wouldn't have been interested in them in the least anyway. My favorite children's cartoon was "Sagwa, The Chinese Siamese Cat," because the feline character was an intelligent character who loved to write-and I am plain in love with cats, particularly Siamese.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

I thought the Powerpuffs (the 1990's cartoon, not the detestable new one), was the most awesome thing to come along in a very long time. I used to watch it on Teletoon here in Canada. Three little girls who could beat up Superman, what's not to love? And it was possibly the most humorous and clever cartoon I saw in that decade.

I've created my own versions of The Powerpuff Girls and the Rowdyruff Boys on the Sims 4, designed dresses like they wear in Animal Crossing NL, and made my own dolls of them. I'm trying to avoid the merchandise of the new cartoon.

I was in my 20's when it came out, but I didn't care. Too old for cartoons? NEVER. Besides, the show was clearly made for adults to enjoy as well.

The Powerpuff Girls

14 Feb 2017, 6:47 pm

I'm not interested in the new one, maybe because I'm used to the old one, the voices, etc.
I might watch it sometime in the future.