100 Ways to Annoy Somebody With Asperger's Syndrome

Page 45 of 45 [ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 4:19 pm

Joehotto101 wrote:
Tell them to deal with real world problems, such as a broken down car, like a man instead of a baby/coward.

How about telling her to "man up" when she's an AsperGirl? I freakin' hate being told to man up.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm

Tell them what they are thinking; tell them what they are feeling; tell them why they did something; and tell them what they are going to do about it - all without giving them any opportunity to tell you what is really going on in their heads.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 4:37 pm

explain something slowly that they have every reason to already understand.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

Start an explanation of something they don't understand at either a level so basic as to be insulting, or so advanced that they're lost from the get-go.

I know the definitions of "hot" and "cold." -_-

I don't know much about alternating current and direct current. Having a degree in thermal dynamics doesn't make you superior to me any more than having a degree in human anatomy makes me superior to you. It just means each of us knows a lot about a different thing.

I try not to condescend when I talk about afferant nerves and anti-cholinergics and the sinuses that are in other parts of your body besides your skull. But I always get the impression that someone thinks I'm dumb if I ask questions about physics, chemistry and engineering (which make less sense to me than anatomy and physiology for some reason).

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support

Last edited by LyraLuthTinu on 12 Dec 2015, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 5:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tell them what they are thinking; tell them what they are feeling; tell them why they did something; and tell them what they are going to do about it - all without giving them any opportunity to tell you what is really going on in their heads.

Yes.

Every time someone gets mad at me I go through this if I dare to try to stand up for myself. :(

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 7:41 pm

Kepp pronouncing it "eXpresso" and/or "triOlogy" (surprisingly common in germany)

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2015, 11:07 pm

Fnord wrote:

Yeah that kinda goes with this which happened to me:
Mention about how you have a friend in a similar situation and then tell them they can't possibly feel that way because your friend ended up not really feeling that way. The most annoying part is when you act like you're willing to listen beforehand and to make it even more stupid is if they disagree with you about their OWN feelings you then tell them you're going to ignore them because they aren't listening to you.
NT's are so hypocritical a lot of times aren't they?

-Scream/yell while the musician is singing/talking. (I know you're supposed to do that at a concert but I don't know why people can't wait a few minutes until the song is finished)
Ask how are you and when they don't answer ask again. I had a doctor and then some cashier at Walmart do that to me once.
-Tell them they are normal in an effort to make them feel better even though they already told you they don't like that word. Aren't there other phrases you can use like "there's nothing wrong with you" or "you are special but not in a bad way"? I don't know I might be the only one who is bothered by the word normal. As much as part of me wishes for normalcy it is also overrated to be normal.
-When they tell you about how they hate talking on the phone and don't do well with it, say about how they have done just fine talking to you
-Tell them to just lie/fake it when they say they have trouble being likable to employers. This one bugs me to no end. How many times do I have to tell the NT's I am a bad liar and cannot help but be authentic?