Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2011, 8:32 pm

Chronos wrote:
CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.

Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.

More effort needed. You need to actually research stuff before you talk about it. If you do this one more time we will have to assume that you are just baiting us, and we will attempt to have your contribution stricken from the stuck record you keep going round and round on.

When I say 'we', I think I mean me, or 'us'. But then I'm too drugged up and schizophrenic to know the difference.

lol

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 9:24 pm

Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.

Typing a long run-on sentence instead of using punctuation is annoying and is considered incorrect for a reason and that is because it's stupid and it's really annoying to read and it's obnoxious and fj;kldsagfdsaf;kla

But anyway... someone consulting a doctor to be medicated for anxiety is very likely to be put on something that destroys the libido, causes drastic weight gain, and increases the risk of diabetes. The drug war is all about money. The government doesn't give two f***s about what will or won't kill you.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 10:15 pm

Xeno wrote:
Dillonski wrote:
Cannabis is an illegal drug and is illegal for a reason and that is because it is harmful to the body and if you have any children the use of illegal drugs is even worse because you are setting the worst example to children having a illegal drugs around if you need stress relief then you should turn to your local doctor not your local drug dealer.

Typing a long run-on sentence instead of using punctuation is annoying and is considered incorrect for a reason and that is because it's stupid and it's really annoying to read and it's obnoxious and fj;kldsagfdsaf;kla

But anyway... someone consulting a doctor to be medicated for anxiety is very likely to be put on something that destroys the libido, causes drastic weight gain, and increases the risk of diabetes. The drug war is all about money. The government doesn't give two f**** about what will or won't kill you.

yeah its a shame, in my eyes there is no objective difference between medicating one way or the other.
everything is toxic at the wrong amounts and i dare you to look up mortality rates of some prescription drugs and compare them, i dont know but i bet it would be interesting.
im gonna get back to you on that.

it is true that it can worsen some psychological phenomena, but that is all so subjective that no universal rule can be determined at this point in time.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

CannabisForAutism
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2011, 3:43 am

Cannabis is less toxic than potato.

A sensible definition of 'Non toxic' means you can eat a sustaining dose of it without getting sick (Note, not 'high'. That's psychoactivity not toxicity).

Sugar (sucrose) will prove to be deadly if you can eat 3kg quickly. It is not possible to consume this amount of the cannabis plant or it's active ingredients without first falling asleep and forgetting where the plant is.

Prescription drugs kill around a 100,000 people each year.

Compare this with Cannabis at 0 deaths per year.

Alcohol - 2.5 million deaths
Tobacco - 5.5 million deaths

Strawberries contain more natural Polonium than Tobacco! A smoker only gets 17% of his lifetime Polonium 210 intake from smoke, the rest is from food ;)

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

Drinking too much water too fast will kill you... no one is recommending that you stop drinking water.

The federal government had invested deeply in spreading fear and misinformation about marijuana. If they want you to pay attention to something, they shove it in your face. If they want you to ignore it, they make it go away. Area 51 exists but, officially, it still does not.

I wish someone had the stats on marijuana convictions... how many people are in prison for possessing personal quantities alone. Many of the for profit prisons in Texas would be out of business if not for the war on drugs, marijuana in particular.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:10 pm

Chronos wrote:
CannabisForAutism wrote:

No refs. to back up his claims.

Personal experience and the responses of the individuals here.
In other words, you can't back up what you say and what you've said consists of nothing but baseless assumptions and personal attacks. I'll address some of the points you've brought up:

Quote:
That's what most people who smoke pot seem to like to think. In fact that's what most people who do any drug seem to like to think, as the most of them impair one's ability to properly judge one's self, but pot users are the least willing to apologize for the effects of their actions or even acknowledge the effects of their actions on others.
Do you have any evidence that marijuana impairs one's ability to properly judge one's self? Or are you just saying the same old mindless "That's what it makes you think DERP DERP HUR DERP"? Weed makes your imagination more vivid and makes your train of thought more disorganized, but there's no evidence that weed distorts one's sense of self unless you get high to the point of paranoia. What weed can do is amplify existing moods except for anger but it only brings out what already exists.

Quote:
They also fool you into thinking you are still in control, there is nothing wrong with the way you are acting, and convince you that it's other people who are over-reacting.
Do you have proof of this or are you just assuming this just because it's an intoxicant? What exactly is it about weed that makes you think you're still in control and that it's others and not you? Alcohol is known to give you liquid courage, and there's proof of this such as alcohol making the amygdala less active.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 12:32 pm

AceOfSpades: I would disagree on the disorganised thought, in fact I can think more focused when I smoke, less distraction.

Personnaly, I believe that trying to convince some people that cannabis does have beneficial effects is a little like convince a priest that god doesn't exist. They based their "factual evidence" on pure faith and does certainly not come from a reflexion process with facts!

If a friend of mine dies because he choked himself with a piece of chicken, should we make chicken illegal? This is how absurd some arguments sounds to me, unrelated cause and action leads to misinformation and stop human evolution...

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:05 pm

Ming the Merciless (Luke Flanagan) has just been elected to the Dáil representing Roscommon - South Leitrim. The sound of his supporters was fantastic when his count came through last night.

So Ireland now has one open supporter of the legalisation of cannabis for personal use in its parliament.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 58124.html

(Personal disclaimer: I do not believe that cannabis has any role whatsoever in the treatment of people with autism, but good luck to Luke Flanagan).

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:21 pm

JSMC wrote:
AceOfSpades: I would disagree on the disorganised thought, in fact I can think more focused when I smoke, less distraction.

Personnaly, I believe that trying to convince some people that cannabis does have beneficial effects is a little like convince a priest that god doesn't exist. They based their "factual evidence" on pure faith and does certainly not come from a reflexion process with facts!

If a friend of mine dies because he choked himself with a piece of chicken, should we make chicken illegal? This is how absurd some arguments sounds to me, unrelated cause and action leads to misinformation and stop human evolution...
Yeah weed also helps me tune things out, but generally my train of thought is very random. Even while I'm focusing, I find that I come up with random things pertaining to what I'm focusing on. It's funny how some people on the boards brag so much about how unique and logical they are compared to NTs, yet have proven themselves to be just as fallible to logical fallacies when it comes to topics like these.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 5:32 pm

AceofSpade. Ok, I understand what you mean. I do also have a chaotic thinking (going from global to details to subject change), but I'm used to change one thought to another and doesn't really bothers me, in facts it helps me finding solutions and my creativity. It's just that I feel more focus on my own thinking process than what's happening outside. I get less distracted by surrounding noise and other stimulis so I'm less prone to do many things at the same time.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

Dillonski wrote:

Alcohol was illegal at one point, but no one complains about it today. Tobacco is worse than weed, don't know a way you can absorb that and not get carcinogens.

The reason it is illegal is hardly credible.

Looking at this:

I'd say there is a big issue with alcoholic drinks and tobacco being legal.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

google

granny storm crows list or this https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php? ... ntry351490

420 pages of LINKS re cannabis and health

index here

Introduction..........................................................................................................................1
ACEA- see ARACHIDONYL-2'-CHLOROETHYLAMIDE
ADD/ ADHD.......................................................................................................................2
ADDICTION RISK- PHYSICAL.......................................................................................3
AIDS – see HIV
2-AG - see 2-ARACHIDONOYLGLYCEROL
AGING/ USE BY SENIORS ..............................................................................................6
AJULEMIC ACID...............................................................................................................6
ALCOHOLISM...................................................................................................................7
ALLERGIES AND CANNABIS.........................................................................................9
ALS / AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS..........................................................11
ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE................................................................................................12
AM- 251.............................................................................................................................16
AM-404..............................................................................................................................19
AM-630..............................................................................................................................19
AM-1241............................................................................................................................20
AM-1346............................................................................................................................21
AM- 4054...........................................................................................................................22
AM- 4113...........................................................................................................................22
AMOTIVATIONAL SYNDROME..................................................................................22
ANANDAMIDE................................................................................................................23
ANECDOTAL / PERSONAL STORIES..........................................................................34
ANOREXIA NERVOSA- also see APPETITE STIMULANT........................................35
ANTI-BACTERIAL PROPERTIES.................................................................................35
ANTI-FUNGAL PROPERTIES........................................................................................37
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES.......................................................................37
ANTI- OXIDANT PROPERTIES.....................................................................................41
ANXIOLYTIC EFFECTS.................................................................................................42
APPETITE STIMULANT.................................................................................................45
ARACHIDONYL-2'-CHLOROETHYLAMIDE / ACEA................................................49
2-ARACHIDONOYLGLYCEROL / 2-AG......................................................................49
ARTHRITIS.......................................................................................................................54
ASTHMA...........................................................................................................................57
ATHEROSCLEROSIS......................................................................................................58
AUTISM............................................................................................................................60

BACK PAIN......................................................................................................................61
BETA-CARYOPHYLENE/ (E)-BCP...............................................................................61
BIPOLAR DISORDER.....................................................................................................61
BLADDER OVERACTIVITY..........................................................................................62
BLEPHAROSPASM.........................................................................................................63
BLOOD..............................................................................................................................63
BLOOD PRESSURE.........................................................................................................64
BONES- see OSTEOPOROSIS
BOWEL DISORDERS......................................................................................................66
BRAIN CELLS- see NEURONS
BRAIN- PHYSICAL EFFECTS.......................................................................................72
BRAIN TRAUMA.............................................................................................................73
BREASTFEEDING/ INFANT APPETITE.......................................................................74

CANCER- BONE..............................................................................................................75
CANCER- BREAST..........................................................................................................76
CANCER- CERVICAL.....................................................................................................78
CANCER- CHEMOTHERAPY- see CHEMOTHERAPY
CANCER- CHOLANGIOCARCINOMA.........................................................................79
CANCER- COLORECTAL...............................................................................................79
CANCER- GASTRIC........................................................................................................81
CANCER- GLIOMA.........................................................................................................81
CANCER- HEAD AND NECK........................................................................................85
CANCER- KAPOSI'S SARCOMA...................................................................................85
CANCER- LEUKEMIA....................................................................................................86
CANCER- LUNG..............................................................................................................87
CANCER- LYMPHOMA..................................................................................................90
CANCER- MELANOMA.................................................................................................91
CANCER -NEUROBLASTOMA.....................................................................................91
CANCER- ORAL..............................................................................................................92
CANCER- OVARIAN.......................................................................................................92
CANCER- PANCREATIC................................................................................................93
CANCER- PITUITARY ADENOMA..............................................................................93
CANCER- PROSTATE.....................................................................................................93
CANCER - RHABDOMYOSARCOMA..........................................................................95
CANCER- RISK CANNABIS VS TOBACCO................................................................95
CANCER- SKIN................................................................................................................96
CANCER- TESTICULAR.................................................................................................96
CANCER - THYMOMA...................................................................................................97
CANCER- THYROID.......................................................................................................97
CANCER- VARIOUS/ UNNAMED.................................................................................97
CANNABICHROMENE.................................................................................................104
CANNABIDIOL/ CBD...................................................................................................105
CANNABIGEROL / CBG...............................................................................................117
CANNABINOID RECEPTORS......................................................................................118
CANNABINOID RECEPTORS- CB1............................................................................123
CANNABINOID RECEPTORS- CB2............................................................................132
CANNABINOID RECEPTORS- GPR55.......................................................................139
CANNABINOID RECEPTORS- GPR119.....................................................................140
CANNADOR...................................................................................................................140
CANNASOL....................................................................................................................141
CARDIOVASCULAR- see HEART DISEASE
CESAMET- see NABILONE
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION........................................................................................141
CHEMOTHERAPY.........................................................................................................146
CHILDREN/ YOUNG ADULTS....................................................................................150
COGNATIVE EFFECTS- see IQ
COPD/ LUNG FUNCTION............................................................................................155
COUGH...........................................................................................................................156
CP- 47497........................................................................................................................157
CP- 55940........................................................................................................................157
CROHN'S - see BOWEL DISORDERS
CRUETZFELDT-JACOB DISEASE- see MAD COW DISEASE
CT-3.................................................................................................................................159
CYSTIC FIBROSIS.........................................................................................................159
CYSTITIS........................................................................................................................160

DENTISTRY - see TEETH
DEPRESSION.................................................................................................................160
DERMATITIS.................................................................................................................163
DEXANABINOL - see HU-211
DIABETES......................................................................................................................165
DRIVING AND CANNABIS..........................................................................................167
DRONABINOL...............................................................................................................169
DRUG INTERACTIONS- see INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DRUGS
DRUG TESTING.............................................................................................................172
DRUG TESTING- BLOOD............................................................................................174
DRUG TESTING- HAIR................................................................................................175
DRUG TESTING-OTHER..............................................................................................176
DRUG TESTING -ORAL...............................................................................................176
DRUG TESTING- URINE..............................................................................................177
DYSTONIA.....................................................................................................................180

ECZEMA.........................................................................................................................182
EDEMA...........................................................................................................................182
EHLERS-DANLOS SYNDROME.................................................................................182
ELMIRIC ACIDS............................................................................................................183
ENCEPHALITUS............................................................................................................183
ENCEPHALOMYELITIS...............................................................................................183
ENDOCANNABINOIDS................................................................................................184
ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM.................................................................................190
ENDOMETRIOSIS.........................................................................................................199
EPILEPSY.......................................................................................................................199

FAMILIAL MEDITERRANEAN FEVER.....................................................................202
FERTILITY.....................................................................................................................202
FEVER/ TEMPERATURE CONTROL..........................................................................204
FIBROMYALGIA...........................................................................................................205
FLU / INFLUENZA........................................................................................................207

GATEWAY THEORY....................................................................................................207
GENDER-BASED DIFFERENCES...............................................................................209
GERD/GASTRO-ESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE................................................210
GLAUCOMA..................................................................................................................212
GRAVE'S DISEASE.......................................................................................................214
GYNOCOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS...........................................................................214

HAIR................................................................................................................................214
HEADACHE- see MIGRAINE
HEARING also see TINNITUS.......................................................................................215
HEART DISEASE/ CARDIOVASCULAR....................................................................215
HEPATITIS.....................................................................................................................222
HERPES VIRUS..............................................................................................................223
HEXAHYDROCANNABINOLS....................................................................................224
HICCUPS.........................................................................................................................224
HISTORICAL STUDIES -PRE 1937..............................................................................225
HISTORY- ANCIENT USE............................................................................................227
HISTORY-1937 TO PRESENT......................................................................................229
HIV / AIDS......................................................................................................................231
HORMONES...................................................................................................................234
HPV/ HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS...........................................................................236
HU-210............................................................................................................................237
HU-211............................................................................................................................239
HU-308............................................................................................................................240
HU-320............................................................................................................................241
HU-331............................................................................................................................241
HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE...........................................................................................241
HYSTERECTOMY.........................................................................................................242

IBS- see CROHN'S
IDIOPATHIC INTRACRANIAL HYPERTENSION....................................................243
IMMUNE SYSTEM........................................................................................................243
INCONTINENCE - see BLADDER OVERACTIVITY
INDICATIONS AND CLINICAL USES........................................................................244
INFLUENZA-see FLU
INJURIES - see WOUNDS/ INJURIES
INSECTICIDAL PROPERTIES.....................................................................................246
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DRUGS....................................................................246
31 - IP 751 see AJULEMIC ACID
IQ/ MEMORY/ COGNATIVE EFFECTS......................................................................252

JWH-015.........................................................................................................................255
JWH-018..........................................................................................................................256
JWH-073..........................................................................................................................257
JWH-133..........................................................................................................................257

KIDNEYS........................................................................................................................259

LEISHMANIASIS...........................................................................................................259
LIVER - NON HEPATITIS.............................................................................................260
LONG TERM USE EFFECTS........................................................................................262
LUNG FUNCTION.........................................................................................................263
LUPUS.............................................................................................................................264

MAD COW/ CRUETZFELDT-JACOB DISEASE........................................................265
MARINOL.......................................................................................................................265
MEIGE'S SYNDROME..................................................................................................266
MEMORY- see IQ
MENIERE'S SYNDROME.............................................................................................267
MENINGITIS..................................................................................................................267
MENOPAUSE.................................................................................................................267
MENTAL DISORDERS- see SCHIZOPHRENIA
METHODS OF USE- CAPSULES.................................................................................268
METHODS OF USE- EDIBLES.....................................................................................268
METHODS OF USE- EDIBLES - BEVERAGES..........................................................269
METHODS OF USE- EDIBLES - FOODS.................................................................270
METHODS OF USE- INJECTION.................................................................................270
METHODS OF USE - NASAL SPRAYS.......................................................................271
METHODS OF USE- SMOKING..................................................................................271
METHODS OF USE-SUPPOSITORIES........................................................................274
METHODS OF USE- TINCTURES...............................................................................274
METHODS OF USE-TOPICAL OINTMENTS.............................................................275
METHODS OF USE-TRANSDERMAL PATCH..........................................................275'
METHODS OF USE- VAPORIZERS............................................................................276
METHODS OF USE- VARIOUS.................................................................................278
MIGRAINE/ HEADACHE.............................................................................................278
ISCELANEOUS STUFF..............................................................................................280
MORNING SICKNESS..................................................................................................281
MORTALITY RATES....................................................................................................281
MOTION SICKNESS.....................................................................................................283.
MRSA/ METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHLOCOCCUS AUREUS.......................283
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS/ MS........................................................................................284
MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY/ MD..................................................................................294
MUSCLE RELAXANT...................................................................................................294
MUTISM.........................................................................................................................294

NABILONE.....................................................................................................................294
NAUSEA.........................................................................................................................298
NEURONS/ BRAIN CELLS...........................................................................................303
NEUROPATHIC PAIN...................................................................................................305
NEUROPROTECTANT..................................................................................................310
NIEMANN-PICK DISEASE...........................................................................................313
NUTRITION -GENERAL...............................................................................................313
NUTRITION - HEMP SEED..........................................................................................314
NUTRITION - HEMP SEED OIL...................................................................................316

OBESITY.........................................................................................................................317
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER.....................................................................321
ORGAN TRANSPLANTS..............................................................................................321
OSTEOPOROSIS/ BONES.............................................................................................322
OVERDOSES..................................................................................................................324
OVERVIEWS..................................................................................................................325

PAIN................................................................................................................................325
PANCREATITIS.............................................................................................................332
PARKINSON'S DISEASE..............................................................................................333
PATENTS RELATED TO CANNABIS.........................................................................335
PHYTOCANNABINOIDS / PLANT EXTRACTS........................................................337
POST-OPERATIVE PAIN..............................................................................................341
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER/ PTSD.......................................................342
PREGNANCY/ PRENATAL EXPOSURE....................................................................344
PRIONS...........................................................................................................................348
PROXIMAL MYOTONIC MYOPATHY / PROMM....................................................349
PRURITIS (chronic itch).................................................................................................349
PSORIASIS.....................................................................................................................350

QUITTING OTHER DRUGS..........................................................................................350

RADIATION-INDUCED NAUSEA..............................................................................353
RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME......................................................................................353
RIMONABANT..............................................................................................................353
R(+)-METHANANANDAMIDE....................................................................................355
RWJ- 400065...................................................................................................................356

SAFETYAS A MEDICINE.............................................................................................357
SAFETY-ADULTERANTS/ CONTAMINANTS..........................................................359
SATIVEX........................................................................................................................360
SCHIZOPHRENIA/ MENTAL DISORDERS................................................................362
SCLERODERMA............................................................................................................366
SEPTIC SHOCK..............................................................................................................366
SICKLE CELL DISEASE...............................................................................................367
SINUSITIS.......................................................................................................................368
SLEEP MODULATION..................................................................................................368
SMOKED CANNABIS AS A MEDICATION...............................................................369
SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT/ BEHAVIOR.........................................................................373
SPASTICITY...................................................................................................................374
SPINAL CORD INJURY................................................................................................377
STROKE..........................................................................................................................379

TAXONOMY/ GENETICS OF CANNABIS.................................................................381
TEA AS MEDICINE.......................................................................................................383
TEETH /DENTISTRY.....................................................................................................384
THC/ TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL......................................................................... 385
THC ACID/ THCA..........................................................................................................400
TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL-HEMISUCCINATE / THC-HS................................401
TETRAHYDROCANNABOVARIN/ THCV.................................................................402
TINNITUS- also see HEARING.....................................................................................402
TOBACCO VS CANNABIS...........................................................................................402
TOLERANCE..................................................................................................................405
TOURETTE'S SYNDROME..........................................................................................406
TUBERCULOSIS............................................................................................................407

ULCERATIVE COLITIS- see CROHN'S
URB - 597........................................................................................................................407
URB - 754........................................................................................................................409
URB - 973........................................................................................................................409

VAPORIZERS- see METHODS OF USE- VAPORIZERS
VETERINARY USE/ ANIMALS...................................................................................409
VISION............................................................................................................................410

WILSON'S DISEASE.....................................................................................................412
WIN 55,212-2..................................................................................................................412
WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME......................................................................................420
WOUNDS/ INJURIES.....................................................................................................421

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:51 pm

In NZ I attend a club called The Daktory.

'Dak' is NZ slang for cannabis.

Being autistic and being around other stoners is quite good. What stoners expect of you as a person, is different than than what is expected of you by a non cannabis user.

I like stoners, and I like the fact that I can be socially poor, and it doesnt really matter to them.

The only girls I really meet are stoner girls, non stoner girls dont want to know me!!

Cannabis is bigger than just medication or pleasure, it is a freedom song in a world that says no to autistic people, in the same way it says no to useful plants.

If you say no to useful plants and quote authority, legality and state, you may as well say no to neurodiverse people. Cannabis makes you neurodiverse.....

Has anyone seen the movie 'The Big Lebowski'?

Last edited by Surfman on 28 Feb 2011, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:54 pm

Quote:
420 pages of LINKS re cannabis and health

:D

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 11:34 pm

Good sativa is what makes me want to get up and do stuff. Otherwise, I'd be sitting around staring into space. I like being alone. Pot enhances the experience and creative thought.
Downsides: Coughing, if smoked, and can't recall dreams.

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

Dillonski wrote:

...so that your doctor can then prescribe you benzos which are more addictive, more debilitating and more dangerous than pot?