Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wornways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2011, 12:05 pm

I'm interested in what people here have to say about subject of chronic grogginess and/or brain fuzz. Do you experience it often? If so, I'd like to hear about your experience with this phenomenon and how do you deal with it (without the use of psychotropics). What kind of successes have you had in addressing this problem?

Last edited by wornways on 14 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 12:25 pm

wornways wrote:
I'm interested in what people here have to say about subject of chronic grogginess and/or brain fuzz. Do you experience it often? If so, I'd like to hear about your experience with this phenomenon and how do you deal with it (without the use of psychotropics). What kind of success have you had in addressing this problem?

---

You might try to find a copy of the Nerves In Collision book by Walter C. Alvarez, M.D. (about the many subtle epilepsies) as well as a copy of the How To (understand) Hyperactivity book (1981) about ADHD Inattentive, paying attention, alertness, sustained attention, memory, and modern nutrition by C. Thomas Wild. Both books can provide insights here and there into the general concepts of chronic grogginess and brain fuzz (no cures). Also, you might take a look at the general areas of subtle brain injuries and sports concussions.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 12:36 pm

wornways wrote:
I'm interested in what people here have to say about subject of chronic grogginess and/or brain fuzz. Do you experience it often? If so, I'd like to hear about your experience with this phenomenon and how do you deal with it (without the use of psychotropics). What kind of successes have you had in addressing this problem?

Could be a low grade infection. It could be a problem with metabolism. It could be not getting enough sleep. Have a thorough physical examination.

ruveyn

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 1:35 pm

Brain fuzz is a direct consequence of contemplating your navel without first removing the lint.

Bettyboo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2011, 1:46 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Brain fuzz is a direct consequence of contemplating your navel without first removing the lint.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 2:10 pm

wornways wrote:

There could be several causes.

Anything from a low thyroid, candida, alluminum poisoning, too acidic a diet, vitamin / mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease etc. Any of these and lots more can all be linked to fatigue. Use this as a guide to possabilities but do not buy into any of them without proper research because several illnesses can be very similar.
http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

It can be very serious, or not. If it is happening a lot though I would get it checked out.

wornways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

This is a life-long condition, by the way. At least as far back as 5 years old. I have never been free from it, and even when I'm most aware and alert I can still feel this... sensation ...tugging at the back of my head. "Sensation" is the best way I can describe it. It's a downward pulling sensation that feels at once like a weight, a tad bit cold, a bit like a pressure, and a bit like static electricity within the brain and around the back of the skull. At its worse, it just about literally seizes all higher level thought processing--anything that requires concentration--and inspires some faint twitches in my neck. At its best, it's just this sort of tug I already mentioned. It has always been there. Anywhere in between, it can sort of subdue me into a state that feels a lot like being tired, but it's mostly a mental tired with yet still physical energy. It can cause me to sleep for very long periods because it just requires too much energy to fight through the "brain fuzz" to wake up. But it can also prevent me from sleeping in that it can trigger twitches in my neck, shoulders, arms, and legs.

I suppose I should also note that when I was 20 I had a chronic problem with my back checked out by someone who finally gave it a diagnosis (a problem since I was 6), which was called "extension dystonia"--the first such diagnosis ever I was told. The erector spinae muscles along my right side only spasm irregularly when relaxed, creating a deep "itching" sensation that exists all the time. Drove me completely insane as a child, to the point that I on one occasion scratched my back until bone was exposed. But as an adult I've learned to constantly keep the muscles tensed just enough to prevent spasms most of the time. Now that I think of it, there could be a relationship between this and the brain fuzz.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 2:42 pm

wornways wrote:
This is a life-long condition, by the way. At least as far back as 5 years old. I have never been free from it, and even when I'm most aware and alert I can still feel this... sensation ...tugging at the back of my head. "Sensation" is the best way I can describe it. It's a downward pulling sensation that feels at once like a weight, a tad bit cold, a bit like a pressure, and a bit like static electricity within the brain and around the back of the skull. At its worse, it just about literally seizes all higher level thought processing--anything that requires concentration--and inspires some faint twitches in my neck. At its best, it's just this sort of tug I already mentioned. It has always been there. Anywhere in between, it can sort of subdue me into a state that feels a lot like being tired, but it's mostly a mental tired with yet still physical energy. It can cause me to sleep for very long periods because it just requires too much energy to fight through the "brain fuzz" to wake up. But it can also prevent me from sleeping in that it can trigger spasms.

I suppose I should also note that when I was 20 I had a chronic problem with my back checked out by someone who finally gave it a diagnosis (a problem since I was 6), which was called "extension dystonia"--the first such diagnosis ever I was told. The erector spinae muscles along my right side only spasm irregularly when relaxed, creating a deep "itching" sensation that exists all the time. Drove me completely insane as a child, to the point that I on one occasion scratched my back until bone was exposed. But as an adult I've learned to constantly keep the muscles tensed just enough to prevent spasms most of the time. Now that I think of it, there could be a relationship between this and the brain fuzz.

---

Additional words: 12 pairs - cranial nerves, whiplash, spasm(s), other.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

wornways wrote:
This is a life-long condition, by the way. At least as far back as 5 years old. I have never been free from it, and even when I'm most aware and alert I can still feel this... sensation ...tugging at the back of my head. "Sensation" is the best way I can describe it. It's a downward pulling sensation that feels at once like a weight, a tad bit cold, a bit like a pressure, and a bit like static electricity within the brain and around the back of the skull. At its worse, it just about literally seizes all higher level thought processing--anything that requires concentration--and inspires some faint twitches in my neck. At its best, it's just this sort of tug I already mentioned. It has always been there. Anywhere in between, it can sort of subdue me into a state that feels a lot like being tired, but it's mostly a mental tired with yet still physical energy. It can cause me to sleep for very long periods because it just requires too much energy to fight through the "brain fuzz" to wake up. But it can also prevent me from sleeping in that it can trigger twitches in my neck, shoulders, arms, and legs.

It is likely you might have any of the following in here:

All can feel very similar however, but an elimination diet and certain detoxes can help to narrow down possibilities.

blank_page
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

I remember when I was 13 coming to the realisation that life felt like I was looking through a cloud, not visually, though I did have my vision checked (nothing wrong), just in some way that I could not put my finger on. Maybe feeling a bit detached from my body/the world. I got a brain scan a few years later, also nothing wrong. I figure that it is something that I just have to learn to live with.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

Happens to me very often. Mainly because my mind is always going in a million directions at once, so I can't focus on what's important at the moment, and it becomes exhausting both mentally and physically. Honestly, I'm not sure how I deal with it. :/

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 6:36 pm

I'm not what you mean, but I get this thing where I am thinking about something 24/7 and can't turn my brain off.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

wornways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2011, 7:04 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:

All can feel very similar however, but an elimination diet and certain detoxes can help to narrow down possibilities.

This is a great link. Thank you.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

wornways wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:

This is a great link. Thank you.

No problem mate. If you want any more information about any specific thing feel free to ask.

wornways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 5:10 am

I'm going to try something weird. I'm going to making an asparagus/cilantro concoction in my blender that I'll drink twice a day. I'll do this for a month or so and see if anything changes.