Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Why is it that i can never talk to someone about what they love or ask what they love i have to talk about avreything that im intorested in and love talking about like the paronormle and the world around us other then that i cant go into another subjected without getting exstremly bord.
I cant even follow it along ill listen to them yeah but ill begin to just zone out into my thinking.
I keep telling myself learn what they like and dont be rude but for some strange reason whatever i do i cant its not my stuff...Its like im in my own world. I relised something when i was younger about 12 years old i fond this anime called naruto witch i copieyd stuff i like in it i made my own games and pretended naruto was real i even ran around telling people he was when i new he wasnt and i copied the believe it saying he said now i didnt relise i was doing this till lader on.
How avreything stoped was just when i turnd 15 i had someone over for a week and i forgot about the show then i didnt get back into for a very long time (but i do now and im not like that anymore) But i am like it when it comes to only talking about what i love! Is this what people call being in your own world when you have autism? is this my own world that doctors say were in?
if so how is it my own world? why am i doing this inside?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 May 2011, 2:48 pm

I don't know if it means being in your own world, but I suspect it contributes to that perception. I think, when I had a much harder time looking outside my own interests, that it did with me.

I am not sure precisely how to get away from this - I still get bored listening to other people's interests, although I tolerate it a lot better than when I was 17, and can hold out and even talk about them (if I know anything) to some extent. I only really started to see this as a real problem when I was in my 20s (I am 41), after I actually had explicit feedback from people in various ways (some friendly, some not so friendly), at which point I've been trying to ease up both on monologuing my own interests and losing interest in other people's.

And yet, I still do both, even if not as intensely as I did then. I wish I had advice, but mostly I can relate to what you're saying. Trying to get out of that is frustrating.