Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

hi there,

as far as i understand it now, we all have some sort of sensory and emotional issues. Furthermore, most of us have also motor skills deficits. When i was born, the doctors told my parents after some months about it, and i got some special training and it got better.

I was pretty good in sports, but sometimes i still wonder if i got some deficits there, e.g. i am bad in dancing, and though i can swim, i can't crawl, too much things to coordinate.

My question here is the following: as far as i understood it now (thanks to e.g. intensive world syndrome theory etc.) autism is heavily related to hypersensitivity. However, i wonder, why do we also have these motor deficits? What does this have to do with sensitivity??

thanks
anton

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

If the wiring of the brain is different for social skills, it is not surprising other traits are different as well.

My theory is I have a limited amount of control on everything. Because of that it is difficult/impossible to both listen, talk and pick up social cues. It is difficult to behave in a group. But it is also difficult to do much coordination or precise things (which also requires coordination).