AutHaven, Because We Have a Dream Too

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 12:21 pm

When; February 22, 23, and 24 [that is Saturday, Sunday and Monday, overnight, Tuesday morning]

Where: We will be renting out Mountain air Ranch Lodge [possibly there may be a few nudists around] which is 25 miles west of Denver [husband will pick up from bus station and airport]

How Much: $100 a person.This includes lodging [shared rooms] meals, workshops, handouts and a trip to Denver Aquarium.[plus all you can eat from my ice cream shop]

How So Inexpensive: We have found a few donors [looking for more] We are all going to be cooking, cleaning, bringing in firewood, etc.] Also, so that you know that this is not a scam,pay when you arrive, but please only agree to come if you actually will. There are only 12 to 18 slots available, TOTAL, and we need to pay whether someone makes it or not.

Other Amenities: Use of clubhouse during specified hours[huge television, sound system, pinball machine, pool table, ping-pong] sauna, hot-tub [only place clothing is not allowed] beautiful trails and fascinating wildlife in the mountains of Colorado.

What Structured Activities: Quite a few, some already planned, some not. Ian Ford will be speaking about his book "A Field Guide to Earthlings," and signing books. Xenia Grant, one of the 3 founders of ANI, will be speaking about sexual abuse of autistics. I will be sharing my plan to initiate an intentional community within an already existing one in Thornton Colorado.
There will be discussions on self-employment, civil rights, etc. YOU can plan a discussion or workshop. We invite everyone to bring and share special interests, be part of the entertainment, etc.

Autistic Space: Will be respected as much as possible. We will have interaction and special interest badges. At least one "Chill Room." and ear plugs if you forgot your own. Stimming is allowed and encouraged. Unfortunately, our cooking area is next to the bedrooms, therefore, unless we have more than 14 participants, there will be coffee and cooking smells throughout the lodge. If we have more than 14 participants I can rent out a cabin that can be established as cooking smell free. We also ask that no heavy fragrances are worn.
We have not established any organizational status, so basically, we will be a group of friends sharing expenses

Why: We hope to bring autistics together in a place where they can make connections, if desired. We hope to inspire others to duplicate small, mini-retreats at a low price throughout the country and world. We hope to take a break from NT stress. We hope to promote our civil rights and discuss how to reach for autism acceptance, not just awareness among NT's[ first shot at that will be Sunday night when we invite retreat donors to dinner] Oh yeah, and fun. We want to have fun.