Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zport
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

What is your oppinion on the theory of neurodiversity?

For me it just rings wrong, It would be the same to say heartdiversity or braindiversity.

For me the label Aspergers is a collection of symptoms which shows that our bodys is not working properly as it is meant to work.

For me its unthinkable that having theese traits is something normal as we have humans with black, white, yellow and red skin.

I feel the advocates for neurodiversity just hide their head in the sand and dont want to see the truth.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

it depends how you look at aspergers. if you got it by brain damage then you might not like it. if you inherited it you might be okay with it. both Einstein and bill gates had the inherited type of aspergers, where would society be without them.

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

aspie48 wrote:
it depends how you look at aspergers. if you got it by brain damage then you might not like it. if you inherited it you might be okay with it. both Einstein and bill gates had the inherited type of aspergers, where would society be without them.

This post is fractally wrong. Every little bit of it is just as wrong as the whole.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 4:18 pm

ZeroGravitas wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

This post is fractally wrong. Every little bit of it is just as wrong as the whole.

Fractally? I like fractals :P

CranialRectosis
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2011, 4:39 pm

Wait a sec here. Without Einstein we wouldn't have the BOMB.

Without Gates we wouldn't have Microsoft.

Are we sure these are beneficial?

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Apr 2011, 6:26 pm

Anyone who cannot spell "opinion" should be cured of their intellectual disability, obviously.

It is possible to have a combination of AS traits that makes you better off than an NT. For example, you might find someone who cannot make friends gets much better academic qualifications than an NT with the same IQ, and is therefore able to make a contribution to their academic field, whereas the NT of equal intelligence can only get a BA because he doesn't have the curiosity and hyperfocus required to get a phD.

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm

I there was a planet autistics could live on on their own, it wouldn't be a disability.

We are just extreme versions of normal people. Each of us has some things we do really abnormally bad in, and some things we do really abnormally well in.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:30 pm

Spelling flaming seems below the belt to me.

But the OP seems to also have only a superficial understanding of some ideas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:17 am

CranialRectosis wrote:
Wait a sec here. Without Einstein we wouldn't have the BOMB. Without Gates we wouldn't have Microsoft. Are we sure these are beneficial?

one has to take the good along with the bad. and how does one know that somebody else would not have come along soon enough, and done similar things?