Morning, Day or Night? Which do you prefer the most?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which do you most prefer?
Dawn (Sun rise) 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Day (Sun up) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Evening (Sun set) 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Night time 61%  61%  [ 28 ]
No preference 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 10:31 pm

This seemed poll-worthy so I decided to make one with this post. I was really curious what time of the day you prefer the most and why.

I like waking up early in the morning and experiencing the sun rise. It really makes a difference in my energy for the day. But my favorite time is when it's night. I love being outside in the nighttime when it's so dark out. I'll drive or sit outside forever at night. Everything is just so much more still and quiet. It's relaxing and tranquil. I can think and it just makes me feel alive.

I have to wonder if my preference for cloudy/overcast days is related to my preference for nighttime.

How do the times of the day affect you?

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm

I hate mornings, love evenings, love the night. I enjoy sunny weather, partially because I'm sensitive to the cold and barely sensitive to heat. Snowstorms are fun to watch but I won't miss them when I move to Los Angeles from Pittsburgh.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 10:41 pm

I like night-time because everyone in my family is usually asleep and I can be uninterrupted and free! I also like the quiet (the stillness) of night. :)

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm

That too.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

Even as a child, I would stay up through the wee hours of the night reading because it is so much quieter and more peaceful, dark and cool and quiet, so I am not so overwhelmed by sensory input and distractions. Dawns are awesome, Sunsets are awesome, even middles of the day can be awesome, but the wee hours of the morning (after midnight) are my favorite time of day because of the peace and quiet.

Unfortunately when I have to interact with the rest of the world to pay bills or shop, then I have to go out in the bright lights and noise of the daytime public. I used to prefer shopping middle of the night at 24 hour stores, again because of the relative peace and quiet compared to daytime hours. But my car has been broken more than three years now. The past three years I either had to buy all my groceries at a local convenience market (half the food for twice the price, and junk food at that), ride my bicycle with the guitar (weather permitting) and only carry what I can strap to the rear rack, or (ugh) take the bus with a small hand cart to carry the groceries home from the store. I have a helper now from the brokerage who gives me regular rides to the grocery store, but still only during regular people hours.

It's easier for me to think, watch movies, read, play guitar, or play online games in the middle of the night than at any other time of day.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

My favorite time of day is not exactly when the sun rises, but right before the sun appears on the horizon when it starts to go from dark to light.

I especially like it because I can go outside and it's quiet and there's no one there. In the colder months it's cold and it smells good, and in the summer it's warm and the temperature is more moderate.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

Nightime, I feel less anxious during nightime :)

rabchild
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm

Evening/night. and 100% with you on REALLY overcast days. I'm usually kind of queasy in the mornings
and afternoons I find myself REALLY wanting to crawl away into my cave for a while. Some of my fav times
have been alone in the living room with just my fiber optic lamp and a window open so I get the night bug
sounds.

OH ! And late late with wind and or storms if the environment is right. I used to sneak off and wander
out into the desert near my house or bike around the neighborhood for hours at night.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:33 pm

I always feel like crap when I wake up in the morning. It's always bright and nasty and I just want to go back to bed.

I really hate the later part of the morning too. Like around 10 AM. I don't know why, I just don't like it.

In the afternoon things start to get better. I guess it's because I realize that I'm getting closer to the better half of my day.

The evening is when I am most awake. I generally am full of energy during the last few hours before sunset, and I have a few more hours to enjoy.

Nighttime is by far the best. There's just nothing quite like it. Like right now, everyone is asleep, its 30 minutes past midnight, I'm sitting here at my computer listening to my music and typing this without being disturbed. It's not bright, loud, or anything, it's really peaceful. And to think some people are scared of the dark. It's the only time of day I can think clearly and truly not give a crap about anything. I love it. I really wish I didn't have to sleep at all, it's such a waste of a whole lot of good hours.

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2011, 11:34 pm

Rabchild: I did that at college once at 4 AM!! I walked into town and danced along the empty sidewalks. When a street sweeper passed through I moonwalked across the street, when a truck passed by I froze in place like a mime, facing towards the driver's window so I could see his puzzled reaction! Aahhaha. Then I went to the 24 hr. diner and the guy who waited on me was a former heroin addict/gang member. Very cool.

SammichEater: I agree, I'd rather not sleep, but I LOVE sleep. I often end up staying awake all night and then sleeping all day.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:44 pm

wefunction wrote:
This seemed poll-worthy so I decided to make one with this post. I was really curious what time of the day you prefer the most and why.

I like waking up early in the morning and experiencing the sun rise. It really makes a difference in my energy for the day. But my favorite time is when it's night. I love being outside in the nighttime when it's so dark out. I'll drive or sit outside forever at night. Everything is just so much more still and quiet. It's relaxing and tranquil. I can think and it just makes me feel alive. I have to wonder if my preference for cloudy/overcast days is related to my preference for nighttime.How do the times of the day affect you?

Hmmm.....Interesting

Night is right for me.

One thing with myself is that I'm a slow starter in anything I do, and once I do get rolling the inertia is hard to stop. I am at 'peak alert' at bedtime.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 1:24 am

I prefer nighttime... the sun and I don't get along, so I don't go outside during the day if I can avoid.

daedal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2011, 1:34 am

I adore waking up to sunlight, and I can work for however long I want to in the morning without stopping i.e. my concentration skills are more in the zone then :) At night things start to lag a little and I feel v. tired around 9 or so. I absolutely hate sleeping in, I want to be up and about.
But, when I'm on holiday and dinner starts around 9 o'clock and even the little kids go to bed at like 10...it's pretty infectious. I like that then.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 7:15 am

I like the day time. I like being out and about when the sun is out and seeing all the different types of people in my area.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 7:20 am

I prefer the night, it's cold, quiet and still and I can pretend I'm the only person in the world.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 7:25 am

matt wrote:
My favorite time of day is not exactly when the sun rises, but right before the sun appears on the horizon when it starts to go from dark to light.

I especially like it because I can go outside and it's quiet and there's no one there. In the colder months it's cold and it smells good, and in the summer it's warm and the temperature is more moderate.

I love this time. The air feels clear. there is nothing that can cloud the moment. :D

So I'm never in a rush