Page 3 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:13 pm

My cats tell me I'm quite funny, but they may be biased.

TrzkT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

I always try at work. I have a great sense of humor (I think)
but I never know if people will scratch their heads or bust up laughing.

Recently, I was at work(retail)... I was stocking near two of my coworkers, and I was listening to a couple of my bosses on the main walkie channel, discussing what to do with a pallet of CLIF bars.

I proclaimed loudly: 'A PALLET OF CLIF BARS? YOU COULD CLIMB LIKE TWELVE MOUNTAINS'!

my coworkers looked at me, and didn't get it.
so I said 'I fail at humor today'
and then they started laughing.

I like to proclaim the obvious, and put things in alternate context.
I often find humor in really mundane scenarios.

Phillip_J_Fry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

We need to form an Aspie Joke Forum, because, I thought it was funny!

You know that version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played on ukelele? You know it, whether or not you realize it. It has been used a billion times on network TV dramas, when something sad or wistful is happening, like a major character dies, or leaves the show.

I was working in an office with a guy who constantly listens to cheesy music on Pandora, and this song came on, and I said "Oh, s**t! Someone on "ER" is dying!" Everyone looked at me like I was nuts, but I don't even care. Sometimes the best jokes are the ones the stupids don't get.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

It's weird, I can make other people laugh easily (not sure how) but it takes a certain something to get me laughing. It seems to be random as well, I'm not entirely certain what makes me laugh yet, although I noticed that I started laughing a lot more when I stopped taking my pill (for concentration etc. Vyvanse)

White-Rose-Tree
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

Phonic wrote:
I'm noticing a common pattern in autistic humor: dry, sarcastic, dark, witty.

And absurd?

My grandmother once described my sense of humour as "ghoulish." Possibly I was telling her how hilarious Shakespeare's "Richard III" was at the time, I've noticed other people think this is odd. I also like Monty Python and Terry Pratchett (Pratchett is my favourite living author) and I find a lot of situations and conversations amusing. However, a lot of my friends don't "get" it, or else they get something else out of a joke than I do. I miss most of the humour in popular shows like Friends - I don't get it and think it's silly. And people often tell jokes, and I only realize it when I notice I'm the only one not laughing!

White_Wolf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

A lot of people say that I am a funny guy and that I have an excellent timing in jokes. To me it's quite natural. I hear what people say, analyse it and then I'm quick to point out if something in there sentence could be understood in another way or if something sounded funny. Otherwise I palce it in an absurd context. I'm also often quite sarcastic about myself. I found out early on that if you can make people laugh, you don't have to pick up their signals and facial expressions (which I think is hard). So I have always used humor to make up for my difficulties with reading others. But this has a flip-side: I have a hard time knowing when to stop, since I can't read their irritation unless it's quite explicit.

On another level, if I say something that was meant seriously and people laugh I get very insecure and don't know how to handle it. Often I then try to explain what I meant and make a fool out of myself. So jokes on me I'm rather bad at. I tend to take it personal.

White-Rose-Tree

29 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

Hark! A Vagrant

For those among you who are history nerds, you should take a look at this webcomic - Kate Beaton has done many clever (or at least absurd) history/literary jokes. The link is to one of my favourites (I laugh out loud THINKING about this one).

DAGGER CAKE! :lol:

soulreapersenna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2011, 9:23 am

I have a sense of humor that doesn't make sense to anyone, even NT's.

Example: I love eating BBQ cat...AND $#!%! !! lmfao

Most NT's would be looking at me like as if telling me "What the f**k?"

But in the end most of their responses are "XD LMFAO WTF?"

Speedlion
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

I am funnier on the internet then in RL, cause I can express myself better when writing than talking...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

I have a sense of humour. Other people make me laugh when they're having a laugh, and I can come out with funny things too to make them laugh. A few weeks ago a new woman started where I vollunteer, and I made her laugh so much that she wanted my mobile number and wanted to be friends with me because I ''lighten up her day''. She is a really nice person. It seems that really nice people like my sense of humour, and nasty types of people don't see a sense of humour in me at all (probably because they don't have much of a sense of humour).

I may be aloof at times, but I do know how to laugh when I want, and I do know how to make others laugh (in a nice way). That might be to my advantage to how I make friends.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

I have a sense of humour but I have a serious side of me too. I dont understand some jokes that people tell me but I am well known for playing jokes on people. I have quick come backs and I can be cheeky which gets me into trouble at times.

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2011, 11:22 pm

Just LOVE Monty Python, Fawlty towers ect... But to pick up day to day humour, i have to be "tuned in". Often think ironic situations can make my day worth!
An example: At job, my coworkers, the adolescents were working with, and i, were asked to have a social activity, in seeing a football match. It were a match related to WM. As is, we gathered in the living room, and after a couple of minutes of being witness to the masshysteria, supposed to be a part of such events, i simply were asked if i didn't have other things to doo? - As i were laughing my b... off! - And the question of leaving, simply made it uncontrollably... :lol:
But also selfirony can make a hopeless situation comic. As if standing on a ladder, loosing everything, for who knows witch time... :D

But after all, i'we just learned that most NT's don't get my humour. And the ones that knows me, has learned to understand my way of thinking, and thereby my humour! Leading to many good hours, with very sore abdominal muscles!! !

AQ=44, EQ=7, SQ=64, Aspie-quiz AS=162/200 NT=37/200

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

QueenoftheOwls wrote:
Does anybody out there have a Sense of Humor? I've often read that Aspies have no sense of humor.

Not finding NT jokes funny =/= having no sense of humor

to his Interest."

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2011, 11:57 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
QueenoftheOwls wrote:
Does anybody out there have a Sense of Humor? I've often read that Aspies have no sense of humor.

Not finding NT jokes funny =/= having no sense of humor

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AQ=44, EQ=7, SQ=64, Aspie-quiz AS=162/200 NT=37/200

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 6:29 am

MooCow wrote:
My cats tell me I'm quite funny, but they may be biased.

Cats usually don't find me funny. I try to joke around with my friend's cats, and they usually look at each other and shake their heads. I know this chihuahua that laughs at everything I say, but he's young and has a juvenile sense of humor.

I'm demented.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 6:49 am

I have a very active sense of humor, it's just that the things I find funny are nowhere near what NT's do. For example, I spent several minutes laughing at a promotional sign for a professional chef's class on healthy eating. The guy had to weigh 300 lbs and I couldn't get over how funny it was that this fat bastard was trying to teach people about eating healthy. Another example is I sometimes think about a talking(and somewhat self aware) cow driving with a farmer and asking him "why do you keep calling me 'Steak?'" Makes me laugh every time.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44