Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

A lot of people might think it's strange that even though I have "dark" interests I don't like a lot of common "dark humor" (for example, I don't think there was anything funny at all about the South Park episode that was completely based on a kid dying of cancer. I just find that sort of humor depressing and basically lazy), yet I love the type of "dark humor" that is so over the top it's ridiculously impossible (like Evil Dead and Troma movies). Otherwise I mostly like humor that is very random and creatively absurd, like Monty Python, The State, The Young Ones, and such.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 9:20 pm

My sense of humour is very strange...I like smart, edgy satire (think The Simpsons) but I really like stuff that is a little bizarre. Shows like The Colbert Report have a little bit of this...they take an idea, take it way too seriously and blow it out of proportion. As an example, last night, Stephen Colbert remarked about candy bar companies saying that when air was added into chocolate, it made it more filling. So Colbert shows off his own bar, which only contains air, and "devours" it in front of the audience.

What do I really like? Youtube Poop. It often satirizes common internet memes AND it makes things look bizarre at the same time (i.e. morphing a character's head).

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

gen-ph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

I have very morbid, dark humor as well as a dry streak that drives certain very optimistic people in my family up the wall in anger.

Certain NTs find me absolutely hilarious.

AQ// 41 out of 50
Aspie Quiz// AS: 168/200 NT: 46/200

Ammy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2011, 12:18 am

I don't really know... I'm not formally diagnosed but I think I do have aspergers. I find myself laughing and snickering at things NTs don't find funny at all, yet cannot understand the humor behind books like the Discworld series, Good Omens, and The Hitchhikers Guide. They just... confuse me. I don't understand the humor behind them. I have to read a passage several times over and over to understand it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:29 am

I don't know how to describe mine.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 6:19 am

I have a sardonic and mordant wit. that mixed with a good portion of schadenfreude.

ruveyn

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 6:23 am

I'm noticing a common pattern in autistic humor: dry, sarcastic, dark, witty.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 8:31 am

I find it ironic that a thread about aspie humor has so little humor in it.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2011, 8:54 am

I have a gigantic sense of humor and love to laugh. However, when it comes to displays of humor from other people, I'm extremely picky. Trying to fool around with me will just get you a blankly annoyed expression, especially if I'm trying to do something else.

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

Always had a sense of humor, was a class clown in high school and a big fan of stand up comedy, and even plan on performing stand up soon. I can name all the great comedians:Lenny Bruce,Jerry Lewis,George Carlin,Richard Pryor,Bill Crosby,Eddie Murphy,Chris Rock,Rodney Dangerfield,Mickey Rooney,Bill Hicks,David Cross, Louis CK,Christopher Titus, Bill Murray, Jim Belushi, I could go on and on. I tend toward a hyperbole based humor,logical fallacies and word play, although if I don't moderate myself I can be very weird. The type of humor I prefer can often go over most peoples heads, and the stuff that most people think is funny I tend to ignore.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

22 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
I'm never funny.

:lol:

Your sarcasm is TOO funny.

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
I find it ironic that a thread about aspie humor has so little humor in it.

Blizzard beard!

LadyGray
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

I find my perversions of video game based memes funny, and I'm amused by sarcasm and some dark humour. Oh, and I like old cartoons like Loony Tunes.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 1:56 pm

People tell me that I have a really good sense of humour. My peers don't like it very much because it's a bit mature for them but adults like it.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

Catamount wrote:
My sense of humor is non-traditional. I have NO ability to tell a joke or funny real-life story. But when I'm in my comfort zone (say, around my family), I can be extremely funny. I have a tendency to break into characters without warning (think Dana Carvey in Master of Disguise) and have a liquid, stream of consciousness type of sense of humor. This doesn't come out at all at work or in public, where my humor ranges from very dry to sarcastic.
Ooh - hello, exactly-me! 8)

keira
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:34 pm

My sense of humor is mostly sarcastic and dark but others seem to like it. I love to laugh and I tend to find humor in everything. I can notice the irony of even the worst situations and laugh at it (privately mostly). It makes this life more bearable - the ability to laugh at it. There was this book I read very long time ago. It was Steppenwolf by H. Hesse and there was this character Mozart who tried to teach the main character that it's important to seize the dark humor of this life or something like that. That somehow got to me and I tried to change my attitude and find humor in ridiculous twists of life.
It was a good book. I should reread it.