Which Field of Entertainment do you NOT get?

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which field of entertainment do you NOT get? find boring!
Movies & Televison 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Theater & Opera 11%  11%  [ 14 ]
Music & Concerts 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Video Games 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Magic: The Gathering 10%  10%  [ 13 ]
Sports & pro Wrestling 62%  62%  [ 83 ]
Standup Comedy 8%  8%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 133

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 11:24 am

I don't get sports, pro wrestling, Magic: The Gathering, soap operas & telenovelas, idle gossip, rambling emo free-verse (it is NOT poetry!), and so-called "Reality" shows on TV. None of these are entertaining to me in the least.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 12:11 pm

Everything listed....

agwood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I voted for sport, and it seems I'm in good company. I think I understand why so many ordinary people like sport, but I don't seem have those circuits in my brain.

For me, opera is similar to sport - I can see why people would like it, but a lot of the symbolism of opera is lost on me and I don't speak Italian or German. I like some of the songs and tunes but it seems silly for people to sing a play, in fact it sounds sillier in English than in Italian. I really enjoyed "Juno and Avos"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_and_Avos_%28opera%29
but only for the music and visuals. I've little idea of the plot. I didn't think much to "Tommy." I liked "The Butterfly Ball," again because of the songs and the artwork.

I don't know what "Magic: The Gathering" is, but it somehow doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd go for.

I think with sports it's like a dominance thing (like ''Yeah, I'm the best'').
With team sports, that feeling is kinda amplified (the feeling of being on the same wavelength with others + the feeling of victory -> must be like the most euphoric feeling ever, besides orgasm). Bear in mind though, there has to be a trust/respect amongst your teammates to work together properly.
I guess a basic competency in physical ability is useful also.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

agwood wrote:
I think with sports it's like a dominance thing (like ''Yeah, I'm the best'').
With team sports, that feeling is kinda amplified (the feeling of being on the same wavelength with others + the feeling of victory -> must be like the most euphoric feeling ever, besides orgasm). Bear in mind though, there has to be a trust/respect amongst your teammates to work together properly.
I guess a basic competency in physical ability is useful also.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this video, but it's food for thought:

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 10:49 pm

Three of those options really.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 2:33 am

Playing sports I get, watching I do not get at all, I get absolutely nothing out of it. Everything else I enjoy at least some of them.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 2:35 am

I don't get video games.
On the list, I like sports best, then movies/tv with good-looking males.
I like listening to music, but not into concerts.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 4:21 am

I had a feeling sports would score the highest. I know that there are some people on the Spectrum who are good athletes or are sports aficionados. I recognize that it requires its own magic and intelligence. I respect that. But most of us on the Spectrum including myself are not good in sports and have never found it interesting. Many of us including myself were not just the proverbial last kid picked for the team. We WERE the last kid picked for the team - every time!

- Albert Einstein

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 5:56 am

I comprehend that some people find each of the things on your list entertaining or enjoyable, but for myself I don't really care about most of them very much.

Movies & Television

I put the tv on & it plays in the background, but I'm online reading something more interesting. I rarely ever watch a show or movie these days. I used to watch quite a bit of TV and movies, though.

Theater & Opera

Never really been to a full on big production play so can't really say. Also have never been to an opera. Obviously neither has interested me enough to bother going and checking them out.

Music & Concerts

I enjoy the concerts I go to, but don't go nearly as often as I used to - which was never a lot, anyways. I listen to music pretty much every day, especially while driving or going for a run.

Video Games

I never play video games. I get pretty much zero enjoyment out of them. I used to play a bit as a kid, though.

Magic: The Gathering

Does not appeal to me at all. I comprehend that some people really like it.. but I don't see the appeal, myself.

Sports & pro Wrestling

I get almost zero entertainment out of professional team sports or pro wrestling. I don't watch sports on TV ever. I will go outside and do stuff - run, kite board, ride my mountain bike, go for a hike etc so I totally get a lot out of sports & outdoor activities in real life and would rather spend my time on them than watching tv or something. But pro team sports? Nah, boring. My twin brother has had a pair of seasons tickets to the Vancouver Canucks for the better part of a decade now. He used to invite me to games.. but I always declined and told him to take someone/anyone who wanted to go so as not to waste the ticket since I was completely indifferent about it. He clued in and stopped bothering to invite me years ago.

Standup Comedy

I don't seek it out, but I do enjoy it now and again when I happen to catch something funny on TV or some video clip someone has shared on Facebook or something. Obviously I'm more entertained by certain comedians than others, as I'm sure is the same for everyone. When they're good and I like them I have a good laugh and enjoy it.. when they're lame or boring, yawn, F wasting time watching that.

Nyrianstark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2014, 8:00 am

I find that concerts are exhausting for me to attend even though I want to see the band for me I see reality TV as incredibly boring. Recently I was forced to watch I'm a celebrity in the jungle or some such nonsense.

Never again will I watch that program, absolute waste of time.

go go lets catch the shiny! ^_^

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 10:00 am

^
I like concerts in principle, but whenever I go to one, I get listener fatigue well before the end. It's better when there's a number of acts each performing for a short time. From what I can gather, some stage-managers do a crowd-control thing where they try to take the audience through a peak of excitement during the act. The expression "water off a duck's back" springs to mind.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 10:55 am

I wish there was this option:

The constant use of smartphones. I hate it so much. I hate when people pull out their phone whilst talking or play mini-games alone at others' houses instead of doing things together. I don't understand how people enjoy taking our their phones and checking social media and all that 24/7.

There is always that one person, when I go out (rarely, mind you), that cannot put their phone away no matter what the situation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 10:56 am

I'm not really a fan of stand-up comedy. I find it irritating and insulting.

Pro Wrestling I could so without, too.

I actually like to watch most sports.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 11:36 am

Movies & Televison
I like these.

Theatre & Opera
I see absolutely no point in these whatsoever.

Music & Concerts
In theory these seem like a good idea, but they are way too noisy and crowded.

Video Games
These are completely and utterly useless and boring.

Magic: The Gathering
I have no idea what the hell this is.

Sports & pro Wrestling
I love sports and I like watching skiing, ski jumping, xc biathlon, ice hockey, cycling and both Olympics. I've never had any interest in pro wrestling.

Standup Comedy
I love most stand up comedy, some like frankie Boyle and lee Evans are rubbish.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 11:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not really a fan of stand-up comedy. I find it irritating and insulting.

Pro Wrestling I could so without, too.

I actually like to watch most sports.

Probably because you're a good sport.

Get it?

XD

I get sports, but don't watch them.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 10:30 pm

People say autistics have special interests.

Neurotypicals do too. It's inviting people over just to watch a game of American football and have everyone screaming like idiots.