Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2004, 8:26 pm

Cindy wrote:
Now this is very interesting. It does sound like me! My husband freaks out whenever there is nasty weather, possible tornado warnings, etc., calls me on the phone - "get the kids in the basement!" - all that crap. ??? I could never understand him. Of course, I never rushed the kids into the basement. :lol: I prefer to look out the window and watch the storms!

Likewise, he'd never give a passing thought to the dangers of nefarious political maneuverings or the insidious influence of warped religious ideas, either.... :wink:

Sounds like me too...

I always go into our garage at night when a storm is coming to watch it... regardless of how bad it is.

Twice it has resulted in me have close encounters with lightning, one of which I was able to capture on video.

However, as a young kid I would cower under the covers, covering my ears, and burying my face in the pillow during night time storms since the thunder and lightning was too much to handle.

Then one early morning during a particularly bad storm that hit in april 1989, I suddenly found myself not afraid of them anymore. I found myself laughing out at the storm, daring it to do its worst while the wind howled outside and the thunder and lightning crashed outside all around me.