Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Milady_Firearms
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2006, 3:21 pm

I'm not sure of this is Aspergers or if I'm just need to get a life, but I tend to still like collecting/buying baseball cards and buying Lego kits, as well as other "kidish things".. mainily toys.

Just recently I bought two lego kits. They where creatures from Bionicle that I admit I enjoyed putting together and posing them.

Same with buying baseball cards, or a yo-yo or what not. I like playing with them. I find yo-yoing fun as well as the excitement of opening a new pack of baseball cards. Just recently I had a fascination with obtaining light sabers. I even pranced around my room fending of evil sith.

The thing is I'm 21 and I feel as if I should be over these things.

I have adult interests as well. Such as reading, and other such activities and I try not to let on of my inner child to anyone, or well... except here because I'm posting.

Still the other part of me likes playing "war: with water and nerf guns.

I'm not obessed with these things. Meaning I don't talk about the cool new creature I made out of legos, nor did I "play with them 24/7. I'ts more like a hobby. Still I can't help but feel something like a loser for being so old and still playing with toys.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 3:36 pm

Lots of people would kill to keep in touch with their inner child like that.
I still like playing with legos whenever I can, they're really fun. And I always keep my Play-Doh handy, because I love that too.

PD- it's been nagging at me ever since I wrote "lots of people would kill"... I've got to say it... they wouldn't kill exactly.

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 4:14 pm

I wish I could find something like you have, so that I could play. I miss playing.

The closest I get to playing nowadays is video- and computergames.

11 Sep 2006, 4:20 pm

I still like barbies except i don't play with them. I still buy Happy Meal toys and I liek Legos and Knex except I don't really have any. I have some play doh and I keep it in my PS2 box when I bought it.
I also have stuff animals and the Teletubbies, talking ones. I even have the videos and the PS1 game. I even have a few baby toys lol and children books. I do watch kid shows too. What I mostly do is TV and computer.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 4:27 pm

Oh yeah, kids' books are really great. I love looking at the drawings.

I also like the TV shows Peppa Pig and Blue's Clues, but I think I like them from an older person's perpective (although I'm not old, just a teen), laughing at how the narrator says really obvious stuff. For instance, a scene from Peppa Pig:

"Daddy, could you please take the training wheels off of my bicycle?"
Narrator: "Peppa asks Daddy Pig to take the training wheels off of her bicycle."

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 4:59 pm

I still have nearly all of the books I had when I was little. I read them regularly, and I collect comics. My two all-time favorite novels are aimed at, I guess, around an 8 to 11 year old age group.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 9:09 pm

I think the whole get a life thing, is NTs expecting everyone to get their concept of a life. Those of us who are still in touch with our inner child, have a life that they can't have, and are jelous of. So telling people like us to "get a life" is their way, of trying to pretend that their life is anything that special.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 9:59 pm

I still enjoy kids' cartoons.

And about three weeks ago I bought a Spongebob Squarepants sheet set for my bed from the kids' section. I did this mainly because Walmart didn't have any good "adult" selections (mostly Martha Stewart crap, same ol' same ol'). So I simply swallowed my assumed pride and went and got what I wanted. :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

11 Sep 2006, 10:31 pm

I have Juvinale bed stuff as well. Teletubbies blanket, 101 Dalmatians blanket, Legos blanket(my ex bf gave it to me). I have 101 Dalmatians flat sheet and sheet, Aladden flat sheet and sheet, Care Bears flat sheet and sheet, Strawberry Shortcake flat sheet, Strawberry Shortcake pillowcase, and 102 Dalmatians Pillowcase. I got them all from thrift stores and folkshop where I used to work at. I also have a Rainbow Bright sleeping bag but I use it as blanket. I also have adult bed set too which has flowers on them but i only use them during the winter time because it makes me sweat so I use it in the winter time since it keeps me warm and I don't sweat then.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 11:21 pm

I watch nickelodeon and the disney channel almost everyday.and at 18 I'm an avid reader of the Harry potter series.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 11:29 pm

Toy Routemasters. Man, do I feel old!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 1:00 am

My childish interests.

-Lego

-most playground equipment is still fun

- I'll climb trees if noone is looking

-The "Captain Underpants" books

- Dr Suess books

There are others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 1:21 am

I still read children's and teens' books; I had an Animorphs obsession until the age of 19.

By the time you get to the adult section, there's nothing but murder, romance, and Westerns... most adult books have lost the variety of juvenile books and fallen into cliched genres; and to find an adult book as original as the average book in the J-Fiction section is a hard search.

Nowadays, I depend mostly on recommendations and favorite authors when I read adult books; with books written for children, you can still search the shelf for something that looks interesting--adult books, and you're lucky if you find a book without a cookie-cutter plot one out of fifty times.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 1:35 am

I still love cartoons, although now I watch them either on the Cartoon Network or Google Video.

I guess my hobby of medieval re-enactment in the SCA is being in touch with my inner child, as I wear armor and get to dress up in nice costumes.

Swings are still fun, if nobody is looking, I'll get on one.

Harry Potter books

Chronicles of Narnia series-I read them as a child and will occasionally reread them because they're great fantasy.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 2:55 am

You hit on one of my "pet" interests...I am 42...have hundreds of stuffed animals decorating my house,I collect furbbies($2)at garage sales...I have about 60 now(many my boyfriend brings home for me from thrift store.I really like the dark and scarey action figures...large monsters and skelaton warriors riding on "monster horses"...I like toys that "do" something...dancing bears,singing cats...

When I was a kid,I wasnt really interested in toys...I liked rocks and bugs(go figure)...but now I have fun useing them for decoration...they are cheery and spooky...they just make me feel good to look at but I dont really "play" with them...thats what bunnies,cats and boyfriends are for...I liked Resident Evil and Silent Hill video games but I am over that obsession for now...I have two tattoes(a little sad girl and a cute dragon doing sumersault to amuse her on my tummy...kids illistraters are good)...

There was a punk song I really like....

"I dont want to grow up...if growing up means being like you..it's not something i"ll ever do"
that is still my personal mantra...I probably couldnt afford all these toys if kids wornt forsed to grow up
because They are all "thrift store cast-offs"...bless our fickle youth

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 4:18 am

More children's books...

Harry Potter

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I