Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Nickay12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2011, 6:47 pm

I rarely post, but I'm rather confused about this;

I've always been paranoid of others (Laughing at me, constantly talking about me and such) to the point that I rarely socialize.
It's become much worse recently, that I think everyone is against me.
I wouldn't say that I'm delusional, I'm actually very in touch with reality. I just don't see any good in humanity, I know that I'm generalizing. but I don't know how to factor out the nice, so I group them all as potentially hazardous.

I guess what I'm wondering, is this environmental? Or am I suffering from something more "psychotic"?
My mind is semi aware that it's irrational, but It's getting more and more believable that people are out to hurt me.

Does any one have any input? Anyone else have this problem?

I really appreciate peoples opinions.

Thank you. :)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:13 pm

I know there are people who are truly delusional. They think people hate them for no reason and want to harm them when no one does. They might actually be well liked.
Then there are people like me who others have harmed in the past and who hasn't had a lot of positive experiences with other people.
People might call me paranoid, but I don't look at it that way. If I were someone besides myself thinking like this, I might call myself paranoid, then.

Nickay12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2011, 7:48 pm

Yeah but what is perplexing, is that surely NT's go through "devastating points" of their lives, where people harm them, but they don't seem to isolate themselves from humanity (well none that I've known of).

As an AS individual, does this make me weaker than them for not being able to move on?

I just don't see how the attacks don't seem to add up for them like it does for High functioning autistics.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:56 pm

Nickay12 wrote:
Yeah but what is perplexing, is that surely NT's go through "devastating points" of their lives, where people harm them, but they don't seem to isolate themselves from humanity (well none that I've known of).

As an AS individual, does this make me weaker than them for not being able to move on?

I just don't see how the attacks don't seem to add up for them like it does for High functioning autistics.

A lot of times they seek therapy or counseling to deal with life.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 4:35 am

The big problem is not expecting attacks or quite understanding what's happened and why - keep in mind "knowing" why and "understanding" why can be very different.

I sort of fluctuate between being self conscious and bitter/defensive myself. Neuro TYPICAL imo doesn't mean the same as Neuro CORRECT...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 4:44 am

Sometimes I get paranoid about things like that....especially if I am alone in public, sometimes I end up wearing clothes that are a bit large on me so I can kind of hide in them so to speak. for some reason that makes me feel better.

Also another weird thing is when I'm alone or even sometimes when there are a couple other people in the same room as me I feel like I can sense another presence. like I might think there is someone sitting in a chair thats out of my line of vision and when I turn to look there is no one there...not that its much of a suprise since usually when this happens I know there is no one there but the feeling is so strong I cant help looking just in case.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2011, 4:56 am

Oh - when I say "attacks" I mean unexpected and undesired attention - from someone taking offense in a conversation to a stranger seeming to glare or stare in an unfriendly way from a distance.

Physical attacks in my case have been rare - I've just dealt with the situations - and they've been less emotionally upsetting than a conversation going strange or someone saying something nasty when I've got no idea why.