How to be motivated without networking?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

trappedinhell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 1:59 am

I'd value some advice here. For many years I've been working on a creative business idea. It's a good idea (rationally I can see that it is guaranteed to succeed), but it can never guarantee results in X months. It might be a success next month. It might take another ten years. For the first ten years I got by on self motivation, blind determination, and feedback from other people. Now that is used up, how do I stay motivated?

Here is the aspie angle. I've read a lot on motivation, and what I need is networking: successful entrepreneurs rely on the people around them. But as an aspie I just find that more hard work. Any suggestions? How do I force myself to keep working on a project when my subconscious says "it hasn't worked in ten years, give it up" yet rationally I can see it closer and closer to completion?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 5:06 am

patent it and then pitch it up.

Use sites like Linkedin to look for interested professionals.

trappedinhell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 8:28 am

Wallourdes wrote:
patent it then pitch it up

I'm not sure it's patentable. The idea is basically to apply existing models to a new industry - making games using the strongest points of books, theater and TV. It's such an obvious idea (even though nobody does it yet) that I'd have trouble defending it in court, and I just don't have the money.

You may be right about pitching it though. Perhaps I should put my time not into polishing finished products, but into explaining the idea to others, so they can see the potential. But that looks like a networking job, and that is my weakness - it's a cut-throat business world and I am pretty naive in that area. I'm an artist, not a dealer.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

But you can sell the concept itself by means of a broker and asking a royalty fee. I do think patenting the concept instead of an appliance in a specific does work.