How many actual friends can you say you've ever had / have?

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

Between 1-2 friends i would say.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Define friend.

A can think of two or three people in my entire life that would be friends on a meaningful level. A dozen maybe over my lifetime that might be good acquaintances.

But I've never really understood friendship, nor have I had any clear understanding of how people perceive me. It's possible that there were many more overtures towards friendship that went unnoticed.

But I don't know what I don't know.

Pubmanship friend who would you have a beer with, apparently pollsters do ask such questions who would you prefer to have a beer with The Blaire R$ich Projet OR Gordon Brown

Well neither actually, though if I had to I'd chose Brown because Blaire reminds me of those annoying slick willies that come to your home trying to sell some product that you have no need for.

Myself I prefer to go to the pub alone. :)

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

Jory wrote:
Zero. I've had acquaintances but really no friends. At times in the past, in my childhood and early teen years, I found that I had somehow drifted into a group of friends, but it was usually a situation in which they were the ones who were friends and I was wondering what the hell I was doing there. Back when I actually played video games, gamers in my schools tended to cluster together to play each other's games, and I got in on that, but I'll be damned if I can even tell you one of their names.

^ My situation; even to the gamer cluster detail.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

None. Had 3-4 acquaintances in school.

Swift
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

Never more than one at a time. During school they were a year older or younger, so it would shift as they moved to the next year, or I did.
But only one main friend throughout my life, the others I never felt much for. Although she didn't want to hang out with me at school, saying it would be better for me to make friends in my own year. Shortly after this I stopped going to school at all. She actually is still my friend, though I'm not entirely sure why sometimes. :D

oddness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

When I was at school it altered when I changed classes but I never had more than 1 friend at anyone time sometimes none . I usually ended up sitting next to or speaking to a loud person who would occasionally ask questions about me. I classed these people as friends but I didnt carry on speaking to them when our classes changed and I dont like phoning people so I never really had any friends outside of school. Thinking back its making me wonder now whether the people I classed as friends actually thought I was their friend or just an aquaintance that the could pour their heart out to.

Now that I have a job I do speak to the people at work but I dont think I can say they are friends because they would class me as a collegue and not a friend. I dont speak to anyone outside of work except my family.

Ive come to the conclusion that I dont understand what friendship is certainly not the way NTs do. At this moment in time I wouldnt know what to do if I had a friend. I understand that friends help each other when they have a problem and I sort of miss not having that sort of person in my life. I guess I like almost everyone and can be pleasant to them but I dont understand the deeper emotional connection that people have with each other that means they liking some more that the rest and being willing to tell them more and help them if they need help. I just can see the difference between speaking to some one and being friends with them.

Lerena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

1. Only one has ever had a chance. He knows all my secrets, and despite everything he's still by my side. The second candidate however, who was my best friend, proved to me just how fragile and easy it was to tear our friendship apart. Everyone else can try, but if it isn't necessary, why tell them? The only real friend I have ever had is my ex-boyfriend. He is someone that I know will be there, and I've learned from my mistakes just because of him being able to forgive me.

There may be OTHER real friends, but they haven't been treated the way he has and still be as loyal and forgiving. That's why I say he's my only real and true friend compared to everyone else. Everyone else leaves my life, and he may eventually as well, but at least I'll have learned something when he does.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2011, 10:41 pm

In elementary, middle, and high school about 2-3 friends a year.
In college (first couple years) 2 friends--- I was dating the one (and she is now my wife).
Last years of college---just my girlfriend.
Today---just my family. I really have no friends today in the true sense.