RAADS-R: Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Adults

Page 6 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 1:01 am

I scored 177

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Erminetheawkward
Raven
Raven

26 Nov 2012, 1:31 am

121. This makes so much more sense than the DSM. I think it did a good job of taking account for the AS traits that were obvious when I was a kid, but faded away as learned to adapt and act differently as an adult. and the file cabinet question took the words out of my mouth...

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 3:52 am

Kiseki wrote:
Is there an easier way to take this test? Too many rules for me to follow! :(

http://www.aspietests.org/ (RAADS-R)

nonames
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2012, 1:23 pm

I'm undiagnosed and will be talking to my psych soon about my suspicion of AS.

I scored 191, and that was by counting any questions I didn't get as 0, therefore negating them, so the real score might actually be higher. Wow.

Don't know if the test is used were I live but if it is it'll be interesting to see the real score.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

OJani wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
Is there an easier way to take this test? Too many rules for me to follow! :(

http://www.aspietests.org/ (RAADS-R)

Thank you for this link!

I'm a female with suspected ASD and scored 138.

mmonroe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

I scored 180.

It would have been helpful to have more of a range on certain questions and not to be so absolute. For instance, I love to be with my mom and my sons (all of which I consider my best friends). Even though I still feel a certain level of anxiety, I can be myself with them, because we all understand and accept each other unconditionally. Other than that, I will always choose to be alone. Those are two very different reactions to many of the 'Normative' questions and I could have answered either way. I think I would score higher if I took this test at a clinic, so I could discuss the nuances with someone.

Also, my scores are always lowered by the fact that I am overly compassionate and sensitive. I was once told by a doctor that I couldn't possibly have AS, because I was so compassionate. I then asked the doctor if she had read the articles by Tony Atwood stating that some girls and women with AS can be extremely compassionate and sensitive, which can be overlooked during a diagnosis. I even handed her a copy of one of the articles. She just repeated her initial statement, so I realized that she had no idea what I was talking about. I thanked her and left. Some of the 'Normative' questions on this test affected me the same way as the doctor's statement. They seemed to be a bit skewed towards those with AS that show no compassion or sensitivity, which I understand is probably the majority, so it makes sense that the test would lean in that direction. I just thought it was worth mentioning for those with AS that are like me...hyper-compassionate and hyper-sensitive.

Sorry for the rambling post.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

Somehow I scored 164.

kat333
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

i just took it and scored 181,, i think some of the questionsed needed a maybe or sometimes answer but eliminating them still puts me up high in the ASD range..sigh

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

restlesspirit wrote:
i just took it and scored 181,, i think some of the questionsed needed a maybe or sometimes answer but eliminating them still puts me up high in the ASD range..sigh

Why the sigh, restlesspirit?

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

MattC87
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2012, 5:01 am

116. And when I was swaying between two possible answers I always picked the more 'NT' one. Yet my psychologist mother still insists I'm not even remotely autistic :?

BAPQ: Autistic/BAP (Aloof: 101 Rigid: 88 Pragmatic: 84)

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 5:50 am

171 Took my time to answer each question. I wasn't trying to get a high score and I was surprised with the outcome. :?

gkygrl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2012, 8:09 pm

My first posting here ...

I scored a 170

Just at the point of being undiagnosed but am also a trained school psychologist myself and have been suspecting Aspergers for the past few years. Just found the forum and some good books. Explains a lot.

TalusJumper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2012, 10:02 pm

Scored 171.

diff
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2013, 2:58 am

A few questions confuse me..also a few comments about a few questions.

"I only like to talk to people who share my special interests" I know normal autistic people have one specific special interest and usually talk about that etc and probably do not like talking about other things..But isn't in normal to like to talk to people who hold the same interests as you? I have many interests and I always try to find a common interest when in conversation with someone, or I find something interesting in what they are saying and comment on that or turn the conversation in that direction. I could consider that my "special interests".

"I cannot imagine what it would be like to be someone else." Another strange question for me.. I can put myself in someone else's shoes and think what they would think and stuff like that I can also predict a person's probable actions to an extent.. But I could never imagine what it would be like to be someone else because it's their life and I've only lived my life..

"others consider me odd or different" just a quick comment is it funny someone actually recently told me they considered me normal? :p and here I am wondering if I truly have it due to certain comments from a few people.

"I always notice how food feels in my mouth. This is more important than how it tastes." This is also true to an extent.. I believe I don't like sashimi(raw fish sometimes considered sushi by people) because of how it "feels" though I also am not sure I enjoy the taste of it much it either.. Also if something tastes horrible I wont eat it just because I like the texture. I have food preferences like many people do..

"I take things too literally, so I often miss what people are trying to say." Since I'm asking questions like these should I answer yes to this?

"The phrase "I've got you under my skin" makes me very uncomfortable." I never heard this phrase before.. I've heard the phrase "you're getting under my skin" or "this is getting under my skin" meaning an annoyance. "I've got you under my skin" is apparently a song my Frank Sinatra. Answered: never

"I cannot tell when someone is flirting with me." Don't all males have this problem? I know when there are flirtatious people..There have been exactly 2 circumstances in my life I can actually say with certainty someone was flirting with me.. Though when I assumed it in the past the girls always claimed that they weren't..

"I can't tolerate things I dislike (like smells, textures, sounds or colors)." Does that mean a person would freak out and refuse to try it? I forced myself to eat sashimi recently, and I never freak out when someone farts in my car.

The question that brought about me posting this post: "I don't like to be hugged or held." I've recently finally had my first gf..(she dumped me though) I loved hugging and holding her.. I even have a sweet memory of how nice it felt to hug one of my female friends in highschool. But other than those 2 circumstances I tell everyone "don't hug me" or give "awkward hugs" to females who hug me. I rationalize this by wanting to keep my hugs special for special people I care deeply for. Family hugs are just obligation to me. So thoughts?

"It is difficult to figure out what other people expect of me." I realize when people have high expectations of me.. or low expectations of me.. Not sure if I completely understand this question either..

Alright that's it. Is it weird that I don't understand these? I want to try and answer as honestly as possible..so I can get the most correct result.. so I feel like I should fully understand the question..I'll see if I can get one of my verified normal friends to take this test. See what they think of these questions..

I took it twice the first one is me trying as hard as possible to be honest:
Test taken by you on 11 April 2013 Total: 39.0 Language: 4.0 Social Relatedness: 20.0 Sensory/motor: 9.0 Circumscribed interests: 6.0

The second one if I was unsure of an answer I just clicked "True now and when I was younger"
Test taken by you on 11 April 2013 total: 79.0 Language: 6.0 Social Relatedness: 43.0 Sensory/motor: 21.0 Circumscribed interests: 9.0

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Test taken by you on 3 May 2013

Total score 133.0

Language 8.0

Social relatedness 56.0

Sensory/motor 42.0

Circumscribed interests 27.0