I'm average 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
I'm below average 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
I'm horrible at it! 23%  23%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 146

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2011, 5:39 am

I'm really dreadful and it really bums me out *sigh* I wish I could draw. Preschoolers draw better than me :?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jun 2011, 5:40 am

I shake when doing doing things with fine motor-skills because of Essential Tremors; I can barely read my own writing so drawing is impossible for me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

identity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 7:16 am

I studied Fine Art so it goes without saying that I can't draw that well :wink:

TheRedKipper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

Argh what do you think? be honest.

http://zigor-adebisi.deviantart.com/art ... -215218046

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

I'v always been good at drawing, but I've gotten even better because of classes. And I think the teacher had AS too, I don't know how, but I guess she had something to her. :roll:

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

My art

Don't know if I'm good at it or not. I think I'm ok. I enjoy drawing even though it takes a long time to do (for me) and can be stressful when the programs I use don't work right (I draw with a tablet and in drawing programs more than with pencil and paper. Though I do sometimes still draw with those and scan my drawings in to fix them up nicer).

I enjoy drawing and that's all that really matters. If I'm good or not at doing it isn't as important.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

I'd say I'm above average. I don't do it often anymore, though. I'm sure I would be able to pass as a professional if I had stuck with it.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

My hands are not stable enough to draw a straight line let alone compose a full work of art. Although I passed my art class with flying colors...most of what we did was abstract anyway, EASIEST. CLASS. EVER.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

i'm decent at drawling mountains and landscapes

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

swbluto wrote:
FireBird wrote:
I am a professional artist. I do commissions and even sold to an actress at an autism art show. I am in 2 books, going to be on TV tomorrow for one of the books, been in several magazines, and of course the newspaper lots of times. I have been drawing since 12. I had talent from the beginning but I am much better now. I have connections in the art world and I guess you can call it agents. I am also in a local pet store with my art. They have 14 stores. They reorder several times a year. I have prints and cards as well. At one of the shows I do every year I make $700 for 2 days. Last month I made $765 and that is basically doing nothing (except the things I mentioned.) It wasn't art magazines though I was in so I didn't get much action for sales, pet magazines with my story. One of them was Dog Fancy and it was because a dog helped me get out of autism (or mostly out). Its the mental disorders that screw up my functioning rather than the autism now. The other was Bird Talk magazine and that was long ago. They don't go to many people so its not that big of advertising. People don't look at those magazines for to buy art or prints. Also, my art isn't really advertised in actual art magazines. Its only on a few websites. The art books don't usually sell but the latest one the person who put out the book is really pushing it. That is why I am going on the local news tomorrow. I have a friend if he is serious this time and I pray that he has the connections (he knows everyone in the world it seems) that I can make about $10,000 a month. In my area I am well known and have collectors. When I go to the holiday shows, they always come back for me. At some of the shows I actually have a line of people waiting for me to buy stuff! Mainly cards and prints. For my artwork I do the best on the big scenes with many animals in them. The single animals are good but not as good as the scenes. Most of the birds I have done are extremely old so that are not as good, they look like a kid did them.... because I was a kid when I did them!

Were you one of the WP members with schizophrenia? Interesting to see the connection between schizophrenia and aesthetic creativity manifesting so directly.

Also, are you in Ellensburg or Cheney? Those are the two cow towns I can think of in Washington (I live in washington, too.).

Yes, I am one of the members with schizophrenia but more accurately schizoaffective disorder. I live in a small town called Yelm. Population: You. There isn't very many people in this small town. It is near Olympia and Tacoma. At least they are populated with humans rather than cows and horses. My art isn't doing as well this month in fact nothingness. My friend is the one who said all the way back in 2004 that my art business can make all kinds of money and promised to help us but never did. Now he is saying the same thing over again. I hope I don't have to wait another 6879 years for his help when it didn't happen in the first place.

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

I think I'm about avarage.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

I can put a line or 2, together.

TheSunAlsoRises

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

I like drawing but they never come out good. I think I'm more of a cartoonist. This may sound weird coming from an Aspie, but I do comic strips and (many people have said) that I do the facial expressions really good. When I do a speech bubble, I can imagine how they say the words (the tone of voice) and when I get NTs to read it, they look at the facial expressions and read the speech bubbles in the exact tone of voice that I was expecting them to, because I did the facial expressions so well.

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

Yup, fantastic at all things visual. I'm a graphic designer :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

No, I've always sucked at drawing. When it comes to the arts I'm probably the best at creative writing.

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2012, 3:00 pm

I'm above average, I was always one of the best in class, possibly best in secondary school.

My Aspie brother can do this sort of thing..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223790/Autistic-artist-draws-18ft-picture-New-York-skyline-memory.html...but he's dyspraxic, so it isn't very neat :/. The proportions, angles ect., are always perfect though.