Will your family line die off and disappear forever?

Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

I'm not going to have my own kids by the look of things :roll: and neither will my sister who is older.

Some cousins are gay, and other cousins are not breeding either.

On both my mothers and fathers side, the family lines are so weak from degenerated genes, that they may eventual disappear.

Cruel nature? or nature being nature, and natural?

Everyone loves nature huh?

Who else has degenerated family lines in threat of extinction?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

God, I hope so. My family's genes are beyond repair. My sister can't have kids of her own and I'm gay. Even if I was straight, I wouldn't want kids.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

Not here, they are breeding like rabbits. I have a niece who is going for her third and she is barely twenty 8O.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

My oldest brother has a daughter, who is normal and so will definitely have children of her own in the future, and my other brother could probably get any girl he wants to give him children.

But do I see myself making kids? Ha!

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

I have no siblings. I don't have or want kids. I'm the end of my bloodline. It's pretty cool. May we live long and die out! :D

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

Definately not.

However as for me, I don't want to have kids as I wouldn't be able to look after them properly, its hard enough looking after myself.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

Well, i aways thought that if i did not achieve biological immortality by 50, i would enter criogenic stasis, clone myself and wait... but thats just me...

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

Xeno wrote:
I have no siblings. I don't have or want kids. I'm the end of my bloodline. It's pretty cool. May we live long and die out! :D

Thats how I feel. Lets party!

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

I have two other brothers who are not having kids either. Good riddence to this family blood line. :P

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

My brother is gay or bi but he has no problems getting with girls so I;m sure my family will go on.

I on the other hand have a girlfriend and have decent luck with women ....but I dont want children anyway

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:19 pm

I've never really taken the whole "family blood line" thing seriously. As if behavior is mostly genetic. It sounds like an ego thing. "Oh, but now I'll live forever, ahahaha!!" My sperm is just like everyone elses. It impregnates women and makes them convulse 9 months later. What's so special about my blood line compared to all of yours?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Nope. I have 6 nieces and nephews between my two older sisters, and I would imagine that most of them will grow up to have children of their own. My younger brother has also expressed interest in starting a family of his own.

As for me? Well, I have no desire for children. They are too much responsibility for me and are too hard on my senses. While I do have a maternal instinct, I channel it through my love of caring for my cat, as well as through interacting with my nieces and nephews.

drgreen19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

My mother's bloodline (excluding distant relations, of which I am unclear about) is already on it's way to extinction as her brother had a daughter, so it's only a matter of time before they dwindle in numbers. My father's line looks like it's also about to disappear, as all his siblings are sisters and as for myself, I'm asexual.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:11 pm

On my dad's side, hell no. Five cousins have gotten married in the last year and two already have children (I have 8 siblings and 50 cousins).

My mom's side however is gonna disappear. I only have two cousins on her side, and I don't know if they're interested in children. And they're both women, so if they get married the family name will die anyway.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

Genetically? Yes. I never wanted to get married or have kids. I also had to have a hystorectomy a few months ago so I never will be having kids of my own. I don't want to adopt either. I was the result of the rape of a severely autistic woman. It's possible she was really just AS, but she was neglected when my biological grandmother died and never had the "early intervention" autistic kids are supposedly supposed to have. I know she had no other kids other than me because after I was born, they made her live in a group home and kept a good eye on her. I hear that my biological father was a playboy that liked to have affairs with various random women and already had like 10 kids with his wife. My adoptive parents have three boys and all three are married with seemingly normal children. I never really felt like I fit in with my adoptive family...if I was born to them biologicaly I think I would still feel like an outsider and I can actualy see myself moving into the African bush seeing if the wild meerkats would accept me as one of their own and forget all about my human family.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

There are only four young people with my surname, and no prospect of any more showing up as the result of other generations breeding.

Me- unlikely to breed
My brother- shouldn't be allowed to breed, NT
My cousin- the lineage's best hope, fairly "cute", NT, will probably breed

My other cousin is female, so probably won't pass on the family name.