Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

I was thinking how I think..And my brain is like a constricted logical computer programme most off the time.

Like everything I do and say is like it is constructed and not free.

Everyting is planned and stuff

example, for today I had to delvier pizzas.

I think

ok leave house....car keys right pocket, house keys jean pocket, spare change left pocket.

Arrive at pizza place. Leave car, walk from car to restatunat. Head up, wlak fast through resutatrant to kitchen.

In kitchen meet staff. What shall I say...hello, hi, how are you, hello...etc..

Get pizza, think- go kitchen wlak through people, ope ndoor, walk door to car.

get to address. Go car to door, press buzzer, what say?,,,,go to door, what say? here your pizaa, hi, how are you, heres change, bye. GO back car

repeat process.

I also always evaulte what others say to me..example people I give pizzas to I think how they greeted and interacted with me. Are they real, is it natural? DO they tell I am findin git hard and really faking being social and even just speaking to them? DO they know, can they tell I dislike speech and have limited vocal instant vocaublary, do they tell I am repeating and making pre plannned phrases to talk with them? Do I come across natural etc..

Its like everythiing I do is like thought out. Like my mind is a computer program running at crazy speeds

I dont know if I am conveying well what I mean and if this even appears autistic or is common with most people?

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

When I socialize, it's usually mostly pre thought out. Certain people I can talk with on the fly and even then it's usually about myself or my interests. But I spend a lot of time scripting pretty much everything I do.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:12 pm

Dots wrote:
When I socialize, it's usually mostly pre thought out. Certain people I can talk with on the fly and even then it's usually about myself or my interests. But I spend a lot of time scripting pretty much everything I do.

yeh when I talk about musci and video games and soccer its liek I totally becoem extreme NT. I mean i can just talk and flow so well in fact I get told to shut up lol.

But it is all natural

Why can asperger talk about their special interests so easily but anything else is juts scripted and akward?

That dont make sense really? It shows we are capale of normal talk surely?

Its liek my brain haywires and short circuits unless iM talking about a subject I am interested in..werid?

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Not me.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

I think and act extremely fluidly, with virtually no premeditation to any of my actions or interactions as I go through them. I only tend to premeditate on an important opening sentence, when I need to be semi-formal and direct with someone. Other than that, there's not much I have to consciously think about to do. I also tend to think so nebulously that I sometimes have trouble explaining some of my more abstract or artistic ideas and trains of thought to people who ask about them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:25 pm

I think in a fluid way and a lot of my thoughts are influenced by my emotions. I think like a person.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:31 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think in a fluid way and a lot of my thoughts are influenced by my emotions. I think like a person.

I often get emotional and thnk like a person BUT I still commute like programmed robot.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

Robots don't think.

I suppose you could ask if we think as we might imagine a thinking robot would. But there is no such thing as a thinking robot.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:40 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Robots don't think.

I suppose you could ask if we think as we might imagine a thinking robot would. But there is no such thing as a thinking robot.

Was that sarcasm/trolling, or were you serious? Because if you were serious, congratulations, you fit into the OP's category of rigid 'robot' thinking.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

I used to like to pretend I was a Terminator. I'd walk like one and play the Terminator theme song in my head and scan for threats. Nobody ever messed with me when I was doing that.

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Robots don't think.

Robots think in logcial computer terms

etc......................YEs/No On/Off/

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Robots don't think.

Robots think in logcial computer terms

etc......................YEs/No On/Off

aspardon
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Mack27 wrote:
I used to like to pretend I was a Terminator. I'd walk like one and play the Terminator theme song in my head and scan for threats. Nobody ever messed with me when I was doing that.

lol i do that I even say when I get pizza in arnie voice...''ill be back'' when I levae reatuarat lol...

I alwasy use movei phrases and famous phrases also....It makes it easier for me..I even do the accents. Saves me making my own thoughts or saying something stupid.

Unfotuatnly im 5'10 140lsb so arnie thing sucks

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

Mack27 wrote:

Funny. Kind of related to that, people tell me I can pull of the slightly creepy 'don't mess with me' look pretty well. I take it as a slightly underhanded complement.

Bushy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

Zokk wrote:
Mack27 wrote:

Funny. Kind of related to that, people tell me I can pull of the slightly creepy 'don't mess with me' look pretty well. I take it as a slightly underhanded complement.

i've had that issue when i was younger, more so when i concerntrate
i also have some some facial blindness issues.

years ago i walked into a pub, stood just inside the door and started scanning the crowd looking for my friend,

stranger walked up to me and said "don't do it"
me, "don't do what?"
stranger, "don't beat him up"
me, "sorry mate, i'm just looking for my friend, we are catching up for a drink"
stranger, disbelieving look
me, confused

i understand the robot thinking, i go with it at work, makes problem solving very easy

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Zokk wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Robots don't think.

Was that sarcasm/trolling, or were you serious? Because if you were serious, congratulations, you fit into the OP's category of rigid 'robot' thinking.

Congratulations?

Artificial Intelligence is a bit of a special interest of mine. Robots do not think. Robots are little more than fancy Turing machines. They have no intention. Thinking and calculating are not the same thing. We are very good at making calculating machines that mimic thinking. But that mimicry of thought is not thought.

I am not anything like a robot. There is no robot that is anything like a human. Or even anything like a chipmunk.